eBay: Rev "Super?" Blast

HedgeWarden

On eBay, lot 250595425093

Advertised as a Revolution Super Blast Kite

I don't find this in the current Revolution list of models. But it appears to be a genuine Revolution kite - logo on right hand sail, and panel layout similar to other Blasts.

Is "Super" an incorrect title, or is this model not in the current production list?

Price looks good, so far, for a power kiter.

Had to pull mine out of the case to make sure... yeah it looks like the real deal. All logos and model name in the right place, the right script, etc. The Revolution Super Blast was replaced by the Power Blast 2/4.

I like the sail pattern on this one... never seen it before, always red/white or blue/white. Probably the only thing that gives me any doubt at all to it's authenticity, someone from Revolution could chime in and clarify this.

On eBay, lot 250595425093

Advertised as a Revolution Super Blast Kite

I don't find this in the current Revolution list of models. But it appears to be a genuine Revolution kite - logo on right hand sail, and panel layout similar to other Blasts.

Is "Super" an incorrect title, or is this model not in the current production list?

Price looks good, so far, for a power kiter.

The Super Blast was first in the 2003 brochure from Revolution in Gold-Red-Black. It states for other colors, Contact Lolly @ Revolution Kites. I know that in 2003 most of the kites from Revolution were offered in the patriotic red, white, blue color scheme. I think this was one of them. Sometime between 2004 and 2005 the Super Blast name was changed to Power Blast 2-4. I think at the same time the Power Blast 4-8 came out. I think Lolly can shed a bit more light on this as I am not very knowledgeable on the speed or blast series.

I had a "Super" Blast that was a genuine Rev. I understand that when they were first produced they carried the"Super" Blast name but it was soon changed over to "Power" Blast.

Great kites for low wind precision, floats and for puling hard in higher winds (I used one in a buggy for quite a while - great upwind performance).

cheers

steve