Need help finding flyers in Singapore!

lummas

Kite Friends,

I am lucky enough to be going to Singapore shortly for business. I will have 3 days while I am there, where I will not have business and will be able to chill and hopefully fly. The dates are March 31st, April 2nd and April 3rd.

I know I saw recently that someone posted video on here of some flyers in Singapore. I would love to try and get hold of them and see if I could meet up and fly with them. If they are on here or if anyone has their contact details I would much appreciate some help to connect up.

Many thanks,

Mark

Team Too Much Fun

Kite Friends,

I am lucky enough to be going to Singapore shortly for business. I will have 3 days while I am there, where I will not have business and will be able to chill and hopefully fly. The dates are March 31st, April 2nd and April 3rd.

I know I saw recently that someone posted video on here of some flyers in Singapore. I would love to try and get hold of them and see if I could meet up and fly with them. If they are on here or if anyone has their contact details I would much appreciate some help to connect up.

Many thanks,

Mark

Team Too Much Fun

Mark,

Gadis Widiati lives in Singapore and also owns a kite business there. She can hook you up with the kite flyers there. Here's her e-mail:

gadisATsingnet.com.sg

There is a Rev team there too. Leong Chee Wan lives in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia, but he also has close connections with Singapore kite flyers. here's his e-mail: ceewanAThotmail.com

Here is the website for the Singapore Kite Association, from there you can see other club members and contacts; http://singaporekites.com/

Edited by johnnmitchell
email addresses edited by administrator

Thanks Troy. I have sent them an email.

Mark,

Gadis Widiati lives in Singapore and also owns a kite business there. She can hook you up with the kite flyers there. Here's her e-mail:

gadisATsingnet.com.sg

There is a Rev team there too. Leong Chee Wan lives in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia, but he also has close connections with Singapore kite flyers. here's his e-mail: ceewanAThotmail.com

Here is the website for the Singapore Kite Association, from there you can see other club members and contacts; http://singaporekites.com/

That's a shame. The email address for Gadis just bounces!

Wierd.

Hi Mark,

I'm part of the recently formed Rev Team from Singapore. The other member on the forum from the Rev Team in Singapore Chua is also here and his nick is Clin. Here are some of our videos herewhich have been posted recently. Still pretty raw and a bit sloppy at this point in time...

I gather you'll be here and available to fly on a Wed, Fri and Sat? I think I should be able to fly on that particular Friday so maybe I can get in touch with some of the local flyers here. The downer is that at this time of the year, there is an increasing chance of rain in Southeast Asia. March - probably April or so onwards we are in the middle of the inter monsoon season and it would most probably rain a few times a week so it'll probably be off season for kite flying.

Please feel free to drop me a mail at [email protected] :)

-Darryl

Thanks Darryl,

I will send you an email later.

Mark

Hi Mark,

I'm part of the recently formed Rev Team from Singapore. The other member on the forum from the Rev Team in Singapore Chua is also here and his nick is Clin. Here are some of our videos herewhich have been posted recently. Still pretty raw and a bit sloppy at this point in time...

I gather you'll be here and available to fly on a Wed, Fri and Sat? I think I should be able to fly on that particular Friday so maybe I can get in touch with some of the local flyers here. The downer is that at this time of the year, there is an increasing chance of rain in Southeast Asia. March - probably April or so onwards we are in the middle of the inter monsoon season and it would most probably rain a few times a week so it'll probably be off season for kite flying.

Please feel free to drop me a mail at [email protected] :)

-Darryl

• 2 weeks later...

Have made contact with Darryl, but unfortunately he will not be around. Have emailed Chua, but not heard back yet. Hoping to hear from him with a phone number so I can link up. I leave this weekend.

If there are any other flyers in Singapore that might be around this coming week, please do let me know as I would love to meet up for a fly or a beer (or both).

Thanks,

Mark

Haven't managed to find any local flyers as yet, but did get to fly at "the southernmost point of continental asia" yesterday. Will put pics up when I return. Still hoping to find more flyers and places to fly tomorrow.

Mark

Hi Mark

Try Zul Kif Li (email ezi99 at live dot com). He is Singaporean and was flying Revs with us in Vietnam last weekend