A Flier Down But Not Out...

Aerochic

Heya Folks. Just thought you should know our own Antman could use some spirit lifting as he broke his elbow rather awfully this weekend. :(:(:( He called me briefly today to wish me a Happy Belated Birthday and said he had taken a nasty spill on the ice. I'm not sure if he will be able to use his right arm for awhile, but needless to say that he's quite bummed and could use some words of encouragement. I know there are some folks here on our forum who have recovered from some serious ordeals. Any advice for our Wildwood Embassador?

Here's the great thing about Ant though, even after busting his arm he says to me "I'm so glad I taught myself to fly one handed awhile back", and he STILL went out and flew his huge parafoil in the beautiful weather this weekend. Now that's a diehard, hehehe! Heal Quickly, Mister or we'll have to come up with some interesting ways to fly with you in May!

SPEEDY recovery Antman!

Now that was silly! Some people will do just about anything for a little attention! But, this may be going a bit too far!

Anyway... You deserve all the attention you can muster till you heel!

Thank goodness you can fly one handed... I'm envious of that... but not your hurt! blue_confused.gif

Take care... We're all thinking of ya! smiley-blushing.gif

Hey Antman, sorry to hear about your elbow. Ice sucks is all I'll say!

Keep practicing on the one hand flying, I think you can use Ethan to set your lines up. Pretty soon we won't be looking for a video of DeRoy flying three Revs but Antman in Wildwood flying three Revs (not your Blast stack).

-Alden

Hey Ant-

Tough break! kid_smartass.gif Seriously, man, youve got to watch out for that ice... it's real slick!

Really, truly, I hope you're feeling better and all healed up real quick!!

Hang in there, my friend (use the good arm) .... like I mentioned on your other thread!

big xoxo

Hey Ant, thinking of you Brother. hope it heals soon.

Busted elbow WOW that mut be hurting.

OK so practice that one hand flying. Once you have it sorted out, bust the other arm so you have to practice with the arm you have hurt now.

Once you have both healed up we will have a Mutant 2. :kid_devlish:

Seriously though, dont over do it. Give it time to heal well.

Get Well, ANT,

All I can say listen to your body not your mind and HEAL, there will be plenty of time for flying. I have broken my elbow before and that's a bad spot, but fly in your mind, and believe it or not, going over how the kite works in your mind is good practice for someone that knows how to fly already. I have had to do for YEARS, so take the months that is needed and HEAL. Enjoy the down time with your family and one on the way, Don't stress, It's all gonna pass in time.

Godspeed,

Been there done that. OUCH!!!

Ant,

Sorry to hear about you bad luck.

I went through the same in December 1994 flying a REV II on icy grass. I broke my right arm, my writing arm. My arm looked like a step.

They kept me in the hospital for several days until they were sure there would not be any real complications. They said the cast would come off in 4 weeks, however I wasn't the youngest at that time thus it took another week. The worst part about the cast coming off was the stink and peeling skin. Rehab took another few weeks. In 1995 I worked so hard on the recovery that I placed 2nd in quads at the German nationals and went on to place third in the European Championships. In 1996 I placed first in both.

I figure you will be in fine shape by Wildwood.

I am hoping all goes real well with you.

Take care my friend.

John

Hey Ant,

Sorry to hear about the whole busted elbow thing, But we all know you will be fine, just another story to go with a beer and a shot car. Speedy recovery, and hope things even out. and be careful with that one handed flying, people may ask what your doing with the other.. lol

Danny