street kiting in NYC

REVflyer

lol.. to funny..

I have heard the phonebooth rumor all the way out here on the West Coast Jeff lol.. so your reputation is wide spread.. All of you actually top notch fliers.. I am sure you will knock everyone's socks off.. and Ian my man, GO GET EM!!!!

Hey Amy-

How are you?

Yup, they're a great bunch... and great flyers, too!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

displaced by the circus?

We're better than some high-wire act indoors!

"Move them elephants outside,... Geeze you're stinkin' up the whole building!"

They want to reschedule but as kite season gets warmer there are lots of long standing events to choose from and commitments already rendered.

Ian probably scared 'em,

I know - I'm AFRAID of him too!

Hate to say it, folks, but with the expected rains in NYC on Friday morning the producers have decided to postpone the segment on kiting.

I imagine there will be some updates when we hear about a new date...

Awwww, that's too bad. :( I hope they ~do~ reschedule it!

The studio/show certainly put a lot of time into this opportunity, to wind up pitchin' us in the trash. Lisa & Rich were picked up and shuttled around looking at sites, met with the production staff, etc. I actually received the hotel's confirmation data from the studio travel department, 20 minutes later we were called to put it on hold (because of the weather!)

It's the press, you'll never know what happens next!

The studio/show certainly put a lot of time into this opportunity, to wind up pitchin' us in the trash. Lisa & Rich were picked up and shuttled around looking at sites, met with the production staff, etc. I actually received the hotel's confirmation data from the studio travel department, 20 minutes later we were called to put it on hold (because of the weather!)

It's the press, you'll never know what happens next!

I resemble that remark!

In truth, i saw this coming a mile away. In fact, when Lisa and I were there Monday, it was raining pretty steadily and I said to the producer, the two things that will kill this segment are rain and rain. Sure enough.

The show as planned was to be heavily based on outside segments as a kick off to their "Friday Spring on the Plaza" series. It's likely some other segments as well got postponed, etc.

Some segments die hard, others live to see another day. Guess we'll wait to see how invested they are in making this one happen.

• 3 weeks later...

Awwww, that's too bad. :( I hope they ~do~ reschedule it!

Current rumor is that we're back on for this Friday, 4/16/2010. Unfortunately, Paul has a commitment at a festival, but I should be there with Ian and Lisa Willoughby.

Current rumor is that we're back on for this Friday, 4/16/2010. Unfortunately, Paul has a commitment at a festival, but I should be there with Ian and Lisa Willoughby.

Spoke with Lisa earlier this afternoon.

I'll be there as well.

Spoke with Lisa earlier this afternoon.

I'll be there as well.

Wish I could join you rich,

please put on a grand show folks in my behalf, but don't get into Ian's way either!

I'm off to Roanoke with Kitebus Enterprises for the Blue Ridge festival, one of my personal favorites.

-paul