Taking a trip

syntaks

Okay...Sorry if this is in the wrong place, or boring people...lol

I am taking a trip for medical reasons, and my better 3/4 is going on a work related trip at the same time. I am heading to Denver/Boulder Colorado via Seattle from March 3rd-March 17. She will be in Seattle for a couple days from March 15-17.

I will have an 18 hour layover in Seattle on March 3rd, so I'm renting a car for that time and need flying spots within a couple hours of SeaTac airport. I don't mind driving some. I know there are plenty of rev fliers in WaWa so I hope to get some replies to this. I want places that are most likely to have a bit of wind, as I'm not one of those people who can move around enough to fly without it...hence the medical trip. Maybe someone wants to come show me some "real" rev tricks that day...

Then I will be in the Boulder Colorado area. I have written to the kite club president found on the AKA site, but haven't gotten a peep from them. It's my "hometown" so I know my way around mostly. (Haven't been there in 6 years...) Funny...I played music right outside the door of Into the Wind for years and never was into kiting then.

I'm hoping to find people that are willing to fly no matter the temperature...Up here in Alaska, I fly no matter what, so hopefully SOMEONE will answer the call!

--TaK

There is one good spot I can recommend while in Seattle. It is our home field for Revguild. Kite Henge, known officially as Central Meadow at Chambers Creek Properties, is about 45 minutes south of Seatac airport in University Place. For more info, visit the home field page on the Revguild website located here: LINKY

The weather forecast link on that page has fairly reliable wind speed forecasts, as long as you don't look any farther than 18-24 hours ahead. I wish I could meet you there, but my work schedule interferes. Maybe Bazzer can meet you, he lives close by........ B)

There is one good spot I can recommend while in Seattle. It is our home field for Revguild. Kite Henge, known officially as Central Meadow at Chambers Creek Properties, is about 45 minutes south of Seatac airport in University Place. For more info, visit the home field page on the Revguild website located here: LINKY

The weather forecast link on that page has fairly reliable wind speed forecasts, as long as you don't look any farther than 18-24 hours ahead. I wish I could meet you there, but my work schedule interferes. Maybe Bazzer can meet you, he lives close by........ cool.gif

I might be ble to get there in the afternoon if I can get a couple things off my desk first.

Al

I will have an 18 hour layover in Seattle on March 3rd, so I'm renting a car for that time and need flying spots within a couple hours of SeaTac airport. I don't mind driving some. I know there are plenty of rev fliers in WaWa so I hope to get some replies to this. I want places that are most likely to have a bit of wind, as I'm not one of those people who can move around enough to fly without it...hence the medical trip. Maybe someone wants to come show me some "real" rev tricks that day...

Okay...now I have an odd dilemma.....

I get into Seattle at 11:50pm on the 2nd. I reserved a rental car, but the rental place I chose doesn't open until 9am. Anyone wanna come keep me occupied for 8 hours? Unless by chance someone wants to come to the rental car places that are actually OPEN at midnight and let me use their "major credit card" just for renting a car. I'm not talking about PAYING for it...just gotta have the damn thing at all the bigger car rental places, and I haven't needed a "major credit card" ever in my life. My ***** Debit card has always worked fine...except for now.)

Sheesh!

--TaK

On a side note, it looks like I'll be somewhere within rock throwing distance of SeaTac. And by rock throwing distance I mean about 3 miles from the end of the runway. No go on mode of transportation, so I'm at the mercy of the boss and 3 coworkers who know I'm crazy and a new one who doesn't know it yet.

This is the perk to being hourly, all kinds of time to screw around! Though I don't have flight times or anything yet, but probably free time on 15/16th early evening.

Okay...Sorry if this is in the wrong place, or boring people...lol

I am taking a trip for medical reasons, and my better 3/4 is going on a work related trip at the same time. I am heading to Denver/Boulder Colorado via Seattle from March 3rd-March 17. She will be in Seattle for a couple days from March 15-17.

Then I will be in the Boulder Colorado area. I have written to the kite club president found on the AKA site, but haven't gotten a peep from them. It's my "hometown" so I know my way around mostly. (Haven't been there in 6 years...) Funny...I played music right outside the door of Into the Wind for years and never was into kiting then.

I'm hoping to find people that are willing to fly no matter the temperature...Up here in Alaska, I fly no matter what, so hopefully SOMEONE will answer the call!

--TaK

I live in Fort Collins and fly everyday no matter the weather. Might be indoors but I fly. There is not much of an organized club here but there are some flyers. So contact me with a message and we will see about getting together to fly. I heard through Robin M that you are a REV flyer. That is fine I do that too.

John

I live in Fort Collins and fly everyday no matter the weather. Might be indoors but I fly. There is not much of an organized club here but there are some flyers. So contact me with a message and we will see about getting together to fly. I heard through Robin M that you are a REV flyer. That is fine I do that too.

John

I can come up to Fort Collins for a day...Haven't been there since the great tornado swarm of 1993...lol

Yeah...Robin seems like a good egg.

I'm going to CO to have them poke and prod me to find out what is wrong with my head, so I think there will actually be days I won't want to fly, which will be a first, but I definitely plan on doing as much of it as I can handle.

I am taking a couple kites in my big suitcase to use in Seattle and shipping the rest down via FedEx. I fly dual also, but not much, just because launching is really painful for me with a dual-line delta.

I'll send ya a PM also just for the heck of it...

I'm surprised that there aren't more fliers there considering that Into The Wind is right there in Boulder. (I played music outside their door for years...) I have thought it odd that I never saw a rev while I was there. I never saw a rev the whole time I lived in San Diego either, but then...

Now I'm addicted to flying, so I do it all day, every day....lol

--TaK

Robin

Go fly with John in Fort Collins. He'll fly with anyone. He even flies with Lynn and me. confused_1.gif

Hi John. :lol:

Heh... I am just hoping I am gunna feel like flying with the medical stuff going on. I wish I had known all these people when I was in the lower 48 before...would have made life a lot more interesting and probably made it so I didn't need the medical stuff to begin with. Quack.

UPDATE

Tak has found the Chambers Meadow/Kite Henge that RS67Man posted. Looks like he'll be there until around 2:30 local time today.

He adds: I'm at the cirque entrance in a subaru.

Edited by SynTaks