25th Wildwoods Int'l Kite Festival!

Hi Carolyn-

Very cool!!

I can't wait to see everyone. kid_content.gif

Island Quad, it's not long, now. See you guys soon!!!

... and don't forget....

...get those lights ready for some night flying. kid_devlish.gif

Yeap Laura will bring the lights for sure.... I can't wait..... :w00t: :w00t:

Cheers

Mario

Hi Carolyn-

... and don't forget....

...get those lights ready for some night flying. kid_devlish.gif

Laura,

I realized that I have not yet witnessed a night fly. I will have to rectify that at Wildwood. I don't have kite lights but I do want to see (and maybe try to photograph) a night fly.

I just have to finish dealing with the videos from MIKE before the Wildwood event. I still have a bunch of video clips of mega-flys to edit down to 10 minutes for Youtube. Unfortunately, I have no video of the 2 4x4 grid flys we did, only the stills I put in my gallery.

Just watch out for those parking lots! They come up on you quickly when flying at night! kid_devlish.gif

-Alden

4.gif

Hi Alden-

Great memories for sure!! Every time I use the light (it survived!!!! only the clip part exploded!!) I can't help but think about it and chuckle a bit!!!

That truly was a great time! .... then again, when is flying with the gang not?

Laura,

I realized that I have not yet witnessed a night fly. I will have to rectify that at Wildwood. I don't have kite lights but I do want to see (and maybe try to photograph) a night fly.

I just have to finish dealing with the videos from MIKE before the Wildwood event. I still have a bunch of video clips of mega-flys to edit down to 10 minutes for Youtube. Unfortunately, I have no video of the 2 4x4 grid flys we did, only the stills I put in my gallery.

Hi Wayne-

It's really amazing to watch. Oh, and a ton of fun to do, too!!! I might have a few lights you can use; if you like.

No worries about the grid action. One thing for sure; if you're flying, you're not filming! I have to sneak the shots in!!! <BIG GRINS>

ani_yahoo.gifI definitely feel another memorable weekend coming our way!!!!!!ani_yahoo.gif

***Just a suggestion for anyone interested in the megaflys: ***

It will be helpful if everyone has a radio. It makes the entire flying environment more comfortable and much easier for the one calling to handle. Just my two cents.

hi all im counting down the days.. untill you all come here once again.. they have just past a bill to legalize bars on the boards.. so hopefully if this passes this summer we will be able to have a few beers on the boards ..YAY!!!

Edited by antman

Hey everyone,

Oh my GOD, we're less than two weeks away - woo-hoo!!!!!!

Ok, there's a couple of things I'd like to address in advance in the spirit of all of us being on the same page and having a great time . . . .

Field usage for the primary fields - Festival Field (the largest and north field), Field 1 (center, west), and Field 2 (center, east) - on both Sat & Sun will all be shared this year in a little bit of a different way as last year.

Field 1 will be utilized full throttle in the morning hours for varied non-Rev events, i.e., running of the bols, candy drops, Fighter Kite, Fugu Frolic, Scott Spencer Kite Makers Competition, Rok Challenges, etc., both days. On Sat, Field 1 will be utilized for these events until 1:30pm; on Sun, Field 1 will be utilized for these events until 12:30pm.

On Sat, Rev flyers will have Field 2 from the beginning of the day until 1:30pm; from 1:30pm on, Rev flyers will have Field 1. On Sun, Rev flyers will have Field 2 from the beginning of the day until 12:30pm; from 12:30pm on, Rev flyers will have Field 1.

The Festival Field will be "split" into 1/3 & 2/3 for Sat & Sun also, meaning that the west 1/3 side of that field will be utilized from 2:00pm-4:00pm for events which would normally take place in Field 1, with the east 2/3 of the field being utilized for large kites. The purpose of doing this is to allow all events to take place and for the Rev flyers to have a space to fly.

As you can see, everyone will be working together in order to allow all events to take place and to provide my client with what they're wanting to take place, which ends up being a win-win for everyone.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me via email!

Thanks very much to EVERYONE who attends and/or participates in whatever way to this event - without ALL of you, this certainly wouldn't be the event it is!

Rich Comras and I keep on promising each other every year that I'll find 5 minutes to fly with you guys - with a little bit of luck and great timing, I hope to fly an OPK with you guys this year!

Looking forward to seeing you all soon!!!

Warmly,

Beatrix

Hey everyone,

Ok, there's a couple of things I'd like to address in advance in the spirit of all of us being on the same page and having a great time . . . .

Field usage for the primary fields - Festival Field (the largest and north field), Field 1 (center, west), and Field 2 (center, east) - on both Sat & Sun will all be shared this year in a little bit of a different way as last year.

Field 1 will be utilized full throttle in the morning hours for varied non-Rev events, i.e., running of the bols, candy drops, Fighter Kite, Fugu Frolic, Scott Spencer Kite Makers Competition, Rok Challenges, etc., both days. On Sat, Field 1 will be utilized for these events until 1:30pm; on Sun, Field 1 will be utilized for these events until 12:30pm.

On Sat, Rev flyers will have Field 2 from the beginning of the day until 1:30pm; from 1:30pm on, Rev flyers will have Field 1. On Sun, Rev flyers will have Field 2 from the beginning of the day until 12:30pm; from 12:30pm on, Rev flyers will have Field 1.

The Festival Field will be "split" into 1/3 & 2/3 for Sat & Sun also, meaning that the west 1/3 side of that field will be utilized from 2:00pm-4:00pm for events which would normally take place in Field 1, with the east 2/3 of the field being utilized for large kites. The purpose of doing this is to allow all events to take place and for the Rev flyers to have a space to fly.

As you can see, everyone will be working together in order to allow all events to take place and to provide my client with what they're wanting to take place, which ends up being a win-win for everyone.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me via email!

Thanks very much to EVERYONE who attends and/or participates in whatever way to this event - without ALL of you, this certainly wouldn't be the event it is!

Rich Comras and I keep on promising each other every year that I'll find 5 minutes to fly with you guys - with a little bit of luck and great timing, I hope to fly an OPK with you guys this year!

Warmly,

Beatrix

Your always welcome to fly mine.... Benblue_cool.gifblue_cool.gifblue_cool.gif

Hey everyone,

Warmly,

Beatrix

Love ya Trix!!!!!!

Don't think flying OPKs will be a problem for ya as long as u can find the time to join us!!!!!!!!

CYA very soon!!!!!!

Lots of Kites, good winds, cool people. Grand Haven, MI last weekend. Wildwood this weekend (first time). I got the last room at the Oceanic and I'm bringing my wife for her first kite festival. I know you'll all make her feel very welcomed. Looking forward to making new friends and seeing new sights. Mylar rev for the night fly, fighter kites for something different, and a whole lot of inverted slide follows by you know who. Let's line up and Rev on!!

Dayton David

If anyone needs a room I have this one for Fri/Sat.

I got an invite to stay at a friends house in Wildwood Crest so I don't need this one. I already paid for it and there is no refund. If your in need maybe we can work somthing out.

Oceanview Motel

https://ssl.hotels.c...lse#description

I've passed this along to a friend who does not visit the forum as much as he should..........

@Dave................So psyched you're coming!!!! You bringing any other IKEsters with you?

@Jeff Burka........Cya on the beach my friend!!!!!!

Lots of Kites, good winds, cool people. Grand Haven, MI last weekend. Wildwood this weekend (first time). I got the last room at the Oceanic and I'm bringing my wife for her first kite festival. I know you'll all make her feel very welcomed. Looking forward to making new friends and seeing new sights. Mylar rev for the night fly, fighter kites for something different, and a whole lot of inverted slide follows by you know who. Let's line up and Rev on!!

Dayton David

Slide Follows ??? Who ??

kid_smartass.gif

Dayton David

Hi Dave-

That's great news!!! Any chance anyone else is going?

See you this weekend!

Hi Mario, Brad and Terry-

Have a safe trip, see you Friday!!! kid_devlish.gif