100 Rev fly at 2010 WSIKF (Aug 16-22)

KiteLife

Hello Felix-

Let's pay homage to BigBri... who I really wish could attend.... counting down as he did on his trip to the U.S. : 25 Gerups!!! Hi Brian kid_loved.gif

I am very sorry that Big Bri will not be able to attend the event but equally glad that he has got the job he had applied for...

Equally, I am happy to report that Ashley has been offered some work and so will be able to pay me back for his trip to WSIKF <grins>

Felix

Just had a thought regarding a place to stay.

This will be the eighth your we have stayed at Anthony's Home Court and RV Park in our travel trailer. They have nice,clean housekeeping cabins. Most years, they seem to have a vacancy. Several could share. They are located about a mile north of Bolstad. You would need to have your own transportation as our truck is very full of kite stuff, and our schedule can not be trusted. Their number is 888 787 2754, or 360 642 2802.

I believe their web site is www.anthonyshomecourt.com

And Bart, look us up. We'll get you over the team thing in a flash.

Edited by Jim Foster

I would just LOVE to see this happen.

I am sure there will be plenty of videos.

However please try to make sure video is posted, it may well be that all the folks who would normaly take vids will be flying in the Mega fly and be too busy to film.

Best of luck to all of you, my bestest thoughts will be with you all.

I would just LOVE to see this happen.

I am sure there will be plenty of videos.

However please try to make sure video is posted, it may well be that all the folks who would normaly take vids will be flying in the Mega fly and be too busy to film.

Best of luck to all of you, my bestest thoughts will be with you all.

Yes, we need a video volunteer!

And I think we may be able to get some good footage from one of the condo decks too. Here's a pic I took last January. I was pointing north, instead of south, but you can get the idea of what it looks like. This would be like looking north to the Fighter kite fields and E and F etc...

post-123-127990515366_thumb.jpg

We want to go sssoooooo bad!!!! We check the plane ticket prices EVERY DAY and they've been up and down a lot but never down enough that we could afford to make the trip. We'll keep trying until the last minute.

There must be quite a few people in the same predicament. It's difficult to know how to value such an event. I'm coming round to the idea that it may be 'once in a lifetime'.

Portsmouth set the agenda with very little practical preparation. (OK, I went to Japan in order to meet iQuad on the off chance that they could be persuaded to go with the grid concept!)<grins>

Long Beach is shaping up really well and it will be a significant event.

I hope that you will find the means to be able to attend.

Best wishes

Felix

Edited by Felix Mottram

Felix,

Your off chance to show IQUAD has paid big dividends across this whole country of ours, JB and the crew has spread the love of team flying and grid work as well as one entity could possibly, Thanks for your passion and vision, and JB and the crew, know how they inspire me, and the REV RIDERS, My friends are making sure I will be in attendance to the biggest REVOLUTION fly in this country EVER, and Im sure will not be the Last. Im humbled and can't wait to be part of such a gathering of like minded, obsessive people, LOL. godspeed.

Felix,

Your off chance to show IQUAD has paid big dividends across this whole country of ours, JB and the crew has spread the love of team flying and grid work as well as one entity could possibly, Thanks for your passion and vision, and JB and the crew, know how they inspire me, and the REV RIDERS, My friends are making sure I will be in attendance to the biggest REVOLUTION fly in this country EVER, and Im sure will not be the Last. Im humbled and can't wait to be part of such a gathering of like minded, obsessive people, LOL. godspeed.

Scott,

I am also humbled to have been the one to light the (blue touch paper) fuse that has led to such an explosion of collaborative effort in kite flying. <grins>

There are healthy obsessions and others...

Felix

Hello Felix-

Let's pay homage to BigBri... who I really wish could attend.... counting down as he did on his trip to the U.S. : 25 Gerups!!! Hi Brian kid_loved.gif

Laura,

I think it is now 19 Gerups until we fly to Seattle...

Felix

There must be quite a few people in the same predicament. It's difficult to know how to value such an event. I'm coming round to the idea that it may be 'once in a lifetime'.

Portsmouth set the agenda with very little practical preparation. (OK, I went to Japan in order to meet iQuad on the off chance that they could be persuaded to go with the grid concept!)<grins>

Long Beach is shaping up really well and it will be a significant event.

I hope that you will find the means to be able to attend.

Best wishes

Felix

Thanks, Felix!!!

We understand how important this is and we really are trying to make it. We check the air fares at least once every day!! We keep hoping they will come down to a place where we can afford it. We've even discussed that maybe one of us should go.

Keep your fingers crossed for us. (if only I coulld stumble upon $500 laying in the street, LOL)

Thanks, Felix!!!

We understand how important this is and we really are trying to make it. We check the air fares at least once every day!! We keep hoping they will come down to a place where we can afford it. We've even discussed that maybe one of us should go.

Keep your fingers crossed for us. (if only I coulld stumble upon $500 laying in the street, LOL)

I hope that $500 comes your way <grins>

Felix

Hi Felix...

The days are just flying by!!!

20 Gerups (officially) as the first day is Monday, August 16!!!

See you all soon.

Flying indeed! Did the travel insurance, excess baggage and air miles thing today. Checked the car hire for additional driver as well.

I'm still going to count to the morning of 'our' departure... <grins>

Felix

... and what's wrong with a "little" torment....kid_devlish.gif

Laura,

I think that a 'little' torment may be OK in some circumstances (essential even <grins>) but I was thinking of everyone confirming that they would abide by JB's (or other flight director's) instructions. In many ways I believe that by signing up to the event the fliers have effectively 'signed on the dotted line' (as in Bart's waiver) but I thought that it should possibly be made clear in some way.

Felix

(Currently dealing with lawyers and international commercial contracts at work, 'grim')

I have to agree with Felix. When you sign the sheet (assuming there is a sheet to sign for this) it should be clear that there is a focus in effect and horseplay, time wasting, etc., is not allowed.

From a standpoint of time, speaking for myself, I do not want to spend 2 hours standing in a grid waiting because others get bored and fool around or, just in general, think it is okay to goof off and waste time. If these attempts cannot be accomplished in a reasonable time frame everyone will get bored and the problem will compound. I think it is important that these mega-grids can be set up and executed quickly to really be impressive not only to us but to the public as well.

This may have been mentioned way back on the early pages of this thread (I don't want to go through it all again), but it is important enough to address again.

The tormenting being spoke of I do not expect to see during set up or execution of the grid. I may be overstepping my bounds with my comments here and if someone feels that way I am sorry. You can torment me before or after the grid if you feel I need the punishment.

Bart

I have to agree with Felix. When you sign the sheet (assuming there is a sheet to sign for this) it should be clear that there is a focus in effect and horseplay, time wasting, etc., is not allowed.

From a standpoint of time, speaking for myself, I do not want to spend 2 hours standing in a grid waiting because others get bored and fool around or, just in general, think it is okay to goof off and waste time. If these attempts cannot be accomplished in a reasonable time frame everyone will get bored and the problem will compound. I think it is important that these mega-grids can be set up and executed quickly to really be impressive not only to us but to the public as well.

This may have been mentioned way back on the early pages of this thread (I don't want to go through it all again), but it is important enough to address again.

The tormenting being spoke of I do not expect to see during set up or execution of the grid. I may be overstepping my bounds with my comments here and if someone feels that way I am sorry. You can torment me before or after the grid if you feel I need the punishment.

Bart

Right on Bart. The quickest way to loose some fliers' interest, including mine, is for there to be a lot of "monkey business" (Not aimed at you David) during grid instruction, practice or execution. WSIKF is a very busy week with lots going on for all to enjoy. Some will have other things they want to do and see. Their time should be respected.

Edited by Jim Foster

Hello Guys-

Just to clarify: I wasn't implying that I would in any way undermine this huge undertaking. Trust me, when it's time to "work", it's time to work... plain and simple.

You guys don't know me on the field, but when it comes to the grid stuff, I'm right in there reminding people to focus on their kite, etc. I do know how boring it can get when things get out of control.

HOWEVER: We will not be working all weekend... and that's where I was thinking about a "little tormenting" or "monkey business" or whatever. blue_cool.gif11.gifkid_devlish.gif

btw, Jim...

How's everything?

What's wrong if we send some "Monkey Business" Dave's way? Doesn't he always "monkey" around? lol (just joking, guys).

I don't think anyone is pointing fingers at anyone about goofing off during the mega-grid, more just calling attention, again, that to make this work everyone needs to focus. We each know how we will behave, but do not really know for sure about the other 99 people some of which none of us may know at all before that day.

Bart