100 Rev fly at 2010 WSIKF (Aug 16-22)

KiteLife

Hello all...

What an amazing time, so far! Wow is an understatement. We have some of the best pilots on the earth, right here in WSIKF. It is both an honor and privilege to fly with guys like Felix Mottram and the entire Decorators team, Stephan Hoath and his Flying Squad team, just to name a few.

The weather has been sweet.

Keeping it short...gotta go.

Xoxo

Several thoughts:

Today, low winds - the kind the good fliers can use, but us wannabe's struggle in. The attempt went forward anyway. Low attendance guaranteed that yesterday's record would be unassailed. At the morning pilot's meeting, there were no new heads to be counted - a premonition that records were not to be broken today.

My feelings are summed up by Tennyson's poem in which "Into the valley of death rode the six hundred." The winds, the attendance... the winds again. The demonstration teams and solos were backing up 100 feet during their performances - there are no 100 feet for the grid fliers to back into.

But it was worth it. The show must go on. Everyone learned very much from the attempt. The experiment was a success - knowledge and experience was gained. We felt good for the attempt. Very good!

Speaking of Tennyson - the Brits were total angels on the field. Beyond their wonderful pronunciation of our purportedly common language, their expertise, energy, and drive was essential. This was not the RAH RAH yankee style cheer leading, but solid, patient, wise, concise help for all us intermediate pilots. Felix Mottram, especially, was unbelievably everywhere on the field at all times.

Thank you WSIKF, JB, Felix and the Decorators, all the pilots I shared some space with (sometimes too close). What a great experience.

So everyones already making plans to make it back there next year, right???? Like a migration thing. I'll have a week paid vacation next year so being there won't even be a question. We're all going to be back right? Felix and team, Stephan and team, JB and team (dumb question for you), Terry, Mario, Willow and team, Scott, Rich, Laura, Lumas's, Mike K. and team...... think the list would read more like a blog. LOL

I'm really sad to have missed such a once in a life time opportunity. I only hope ya all give me, if not 100 a second chance.

I miss ya all as well as love ya all,

Dean

Just a quick note to thank all those at WSIKF for making my visit with the Decorators a flying experience that will be hard to beat !! sign_kitelife.gif

Things just got better each day as strangers became friends both on and off the field and we broke the record to boot !!

A special thank you to those who gave David such great support in his hour of need - it helped keep him up while he was down

Another special thank you to Scot from Rev Riders - what a star - for doing an oustanding job of standing in while David was receiving "Treatment"

For those of you who flew with us - you know who you are - remember SLOW IS COOL blue_cool.gif

Oh and did I mention the beer?? - Yes your micro brewers have really got their act together - Yum Yum !!

Hope to fly with you again soon

Martin

Just back home and settled in enough to find a keyboard.

We just wanted to add our thanks to all of you for letting us come and play and for having such a good time. Sorry we didn't get to speak to you all as much as we would like but there was just too much flying to be done and so many new people to meet.

It's not possible to thank you all personaly so a big Thank You to you all. John, big respect to you, nicely done. :sign_kitelife:

See you all this side of the pond one day.

Stephen, Susan and the boys.

WOW, I learned from all. Thank YOU

Notables

JB, ( IQUAD ) stepping it up, Wow... for all of u from USA, yes JB stepped it up... imagine that, What NEXT ? Great WORK.

Flying Squad:

Thank you for all ur expertise, pleasure to watch and learn. (videos are not the same) next time, Do I really have to injure one to jump on the line. LOL Only kidding

I watched the core of the Squad win the Dual line team WORLD Championship as "SKY DANCE" 13 years ago....

AMAZIN dedication to sport kite's in general, even with the 4 little ones running around truly a family task to be mentioned..

Decorators:

FELIX, What vision u have Professor Mottram, an honor to be part of a dream realized (let's not stop there)

David, break a leg, no just sprain it, help someone else realize a dream. LMAO... glad you are feeling better. great choreography, simply BRILLIANT !!!

Ashley, You made my time on the line a true peaceful experience, I have learned calling can be b a peaceful journey, (as a caller that is priceless for me)

Martin, One more pint for my new teammate, I had more to drink with u than I've had in many years, an occasion to remember and celebrate.

REV RIDERS:

RICH, LOVE YOU Thanks for helping me make this a reality. u made this possible for me, and I can't say enough.

LAURA, 100 yards more in the soft sand then stand all day and fly. can everyone say TROOPER. thanks for ur dedication. LET'S RIDE

To all my old and new Friends

without all of YOU, none of this is possible. Share the love of the REV so we can make it bigger next year...

THANK YOU ALL

Im overwhelmed that so many of you came together to share MY true passion that is REV flying.. selfish maybe, but true !!!

pleasure watching EVERY level

remember:

IT's the JOURNEY.

• Like 1

Ha, I'm desperately waiting for Bart's overview and recap. biggrin.gif

Be careful what you wish for!

I've been thinking of the blog summary for three days.

I have enough "material" to ramble on for months!

So much of this week was so personal to me that it is difficult to put it in writing without sounding like I'm going to burst into tears or something!

Bart