100 Rev fly at 2010 WSIKF (Aug 16-22)

KiteLife

Well we made it. Jan & I arrived late this afternoon & plan to stay all week.

Theresa's bringing me two new Rev B Pro's I ordered about a month ago & the wind's blowing. Now if Walt just brings enough no snag 13" handles.

Could it get any better than this? Time for some serious playing! :blue-grin:

See you at the beach tomorrow, Ray.

TK and I are here a day early, we'll be down at the Sid Snyder end of the beach tomorrow, leisurely schedule. ;)

I got in yesterday, and got out into field A to fly with Jim Foster, then flew with Tom King for a while on the beach by the RV park.

I'll be sure to come onto the Sid Snyder approach today :D

I got in yesterday, and got out into field A to fly with Jim Foster, then flew with Tom King for a while on the beach by the RV park.

I'll be sure to come onto the Sid Snyder approach today :D

I'll be running errands until noon or so, gotta change rooms and pick up the sound system in Astoria.

Gettin a little excited here. :) Just booked a hotel for fri through sun. Will be seein y'all there. :)

On a side note, I don't think I'll be able to make the 100 rev fly. My skills aren't the greatest, and the last thing I want is to domino 100 revs (although that would be oddly fun to watch -- a nightmare to untangle). o.0

We'll see you all there next Weekend. :)

I'm not giving up on getting up there with ya all. Work is aparently giving me the time off I requested. Now I'm working on the dollars for gas and a few meals. A motel is out for sure.

So, anyone have a clue as to places to park a car for the night thats not going to end with a ticket? Thanks for your time and thought.

Dean

I got to the beach this afternoon with winds 3-6 MPH around 2:30. Flew my Rev B standard for a little over an hour & the winds dropped & my Rev was on the ground. I looked around & all the other kites were on the ground as well. I was standing & debating whether to put my kite away & saw one other kite go in the air then another. Steve DeRooy was flying one but where was the other flyer? Ahh, it was Steve. A pair of handles in each hand flying like there was plenty of wind. I walked over to chat - they weren't even his kites. He saw the handles leading out to a couple of B Pro's & decided to have some fun while they weren't in use.

Something to look forward to -- learning to fly my new B Pro, that Theresa delivered at 5 PM today, well enough to fly when most other kites are on the ground.

Thanks for the inspiration Steve. :blue-cool:

post-2478-128193074205_thumb.jpg

Don't be shy JoneZ, at least come hang out with us on the Rev field...

Even if you don't feel ready for mega team, we'll throw you in a small group of easy roundabout, good bump and giggle. <grin>

Trust me, you'll have a blast and learn lots... That's the whole idea, regardless of how far you want to take it in the long run. ;)

Even if you don't feel ready for mega team, we'll throw you in a small group of easy roundabout, good bump and giggle. <grin>

Trust me, you'll have a blast and learn lots... That's the whole idea, regardless of how far you want to take it in the long run. ;)

hehe, sounds good. We were still planning on hanging out on saturday with y'all -- so many names I need to put with faces (not like I'll remember them heheh) -- it's my Wifes brithday weekend, so it's gonna be a blast for sure. Might even get her to try a rev? heheh They intimidate her, so it may take some coaxing. :)

We'll be staying at the Chautauqua lodge (almost right across the way from the WKM) at the end of the flying fields for wsikf. Hopefully we'll get a good room and be able to see the festival from our suite. :)

Arriving sometime Friday midday - leaving sunday.

See you all there!! :)

I'm not giving up on getting up there with ya all. Work is aparently giving me the time off I requested. Now I'm working on the dollars for gas and a few meals. A motel is out for sure.

So, anyone have a clue as to places to park a car for the night thats not going to end with a ticket? Thanks for your time and thought.

Dean

I don't know if it's still the same but, I have stayed overnight at the rest stop that is right near the bridge to Astoria, it allowed for over night parking.

Hope that helps!

I don't know if it's still the same but, I have stayed overnight at the rest stop that is right near the bridge to Astoria, it allowed for over night parking.

Hope that helps!

Thank you Monkey. If I make it up I got a hug for ya. I hadn't even thought about places like that. Maybe this is going to work after all and this'll happen.

Deansmile.gif

Trust me, you'll have a blast and learn lots... That's the whole idea, regardless of how far you want to take it in the long run. wink.gif

Oh, you picked the perfect time to learn and learn to fly with others. kid_devlish.gif And finally take your initiation into the club. smiley-devil.gif

Hope to see ya JoneZ.

Dean

Thank you Monkey. If I make it up I got a hug for ya. I hadn't even thought about places like that. Maybe this is going to work after all and this'll happen.

Deansmile.gif

If my ageing memory serves correctly, you come over the bridge from Astoria and then turn right, it's right by there.

kid_frustrated.gif Still got my fingers crossed, but it's not looking good as of yet. I should know for sure by Thursday if I'll make it up Friday or not. Trying to guilt my boss into cutting my check Friday morning instead of waiting till Monday to get paid. Bummer if I miss ya all because I don't get paid till the day after the festival. kid_frustrated.gif

Dean

WE GOT PLANE TICKETS!!! WE GOT PLANE TICKETS!!!

We'll be traveling ALL day tomorrow and will see you in Long Beach Thursday Morning!!

(Thanks, Wayne!!)

Anybody out there want to save some money by letting us share your room????????

SSSSOOOOOOO EXCITEDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PEOPLE, THAT WAS AWESOME!!! :kid_smartass: It was an incredible sight to see that many kites all together, doing moves, while simple, were complicated by the amount of kites in the air!! :) As a spectator to this, TALK ABOUT THE "WOW" factor!!! It was just beautiful to see!!! I heard comment from spectators all around and all of them were speechless, watching so many do something together!!! I hope there are pics of this, you just gotta see!!! Nice to have met so many that make up our group, no bs, if there was trouble, people didn't lose their cool, just helped fixing things and kept on having FUN!! Enjoyed my day up there, and hope to do it again!! Now to improve my skills so I can join in!!!! Thanks for the day!!!! :)

I was planning to join in and add to the count for the record, but issues came up.

I got there too late Thursday evening due to a late start, and was only in town a few hours, and had to leave for home due to an urgent call.

( Son was T-boned when someone ran a redlight. He was released from Emergency when I got to the hospital. He is OK, just glue instead of stiches.)

Saw the new record done on Thursday, looking forward to Fridays report. I might make it on Sat, but not sure.

Ken