100 Rev fly at 2010 WSIKF (Aug 16-22)

KiteLife

We're still checking airfares several times a day.

Keep your fingers crossed but it's not looking good. Today it's $513. Ouch. $1,539!!!

That sounds expensive for 3 people. For two of us from the UK it was $3,339 or thereabouts including the car hire!

Felix

Cap Cam is done...

I found that my wife's Nikon Coolpix will take pictures every 30 seconds.

I took a hat, drilled a couple holes (the first two weren't quite in the perfect position). A 1/4" screw, a washer and cap cam was born.

I went to go fly a kite and see how it did but my center spar was struck with Comras disease (the ferrule is re-epoxied and drying in my workshop now). So, the picture you get is of me driving back from the flying field. Actually, I had a series of them starting with me winding my lines and then every 30 seconds on the drive home. But you can see in this one it's just a baseball hat, I thought the camera was in the picture too but it's not.

-Alden

post-480-128129909679_thumb.jpg

Hey sweetie...

This time went by sooooooo quick!

I pack a lot, too....gotta be prepared for anything!

See ya soon.

Xoxo

and remember, you have a washer and dryer in the condo :) so hopefully that will cut down on a weeks worth of clothes to pack :)

and remember a warm jacket for the evenings.

I wish you guys could get here Sunday too!!

See you in 6 days!

Hugs,

T

and remember, you have a washer and dryer in the condo smile.gif so hopefully that will cut down on a weeks worth of clothes to pack smile.gif

and remember a warm jacket for the evenings.

I wish you guys could get here Sunday too!!

See you in 6 days!

Hugs,

T

Hi T-

How are you?

If there was a way for me to get there on Sunday, I would do it in a heartbeat!!!!

I'm definitely packing based on knowing that I'll wash clothes sometime during the week!!! Rain gear, wind breakers and sweatshirts are definitely on the packing list.

****For anyone interested, here's a link to a webcam for Long Beach, WA. I don't know if it's the area we're flying at, but it's worth a shot, right?

http://www.642weathe...weather/cam.php

See everyone in a few days.... 5 gerups!!!!

edited for below:

T,

btw, my flight is 9:30 pm on Monday, so I'll be in Portland for the day. We'll figure things out... maybe there are some sights to see? Maybe JB will have ideas or wants to be a tour guide ;) for a day.

xoxo

Edited by Love2fly

My plans have changed somewhat. Work calls for Monday and Tuesday and because of that I will now be arriving in Long Beach on Wednesday around lunch time.

Bummed I won't be there for the whole week but VERY GLAD to get the work as it is a relationship building event that will no doubt bring future work to me.

-2 with Joe Meaux and Steve Blasdell unable to attend, understandable, but we'll miss them!

It is sad that some fliers are unable to attend, especially so late in the day.

As a record of the event I would like to speak with every one involved, albeit briefly, and ask them for a few words about the event. I have a small notebook in which to record comments, no high tech stuff on the beach, pen and paper will do. I will not actually be asking for autographs <grins>

Felix

Hi T-

How are you?

If there was a way for me to get there on Sunday, I would do it in a heartbeat!!!!

I'm definitely packing based on knowing that I'll wash clothes sometime during the week!!! Rain gear, wind breakers and sweatshirts are definitely on the packing list.

****For anyone interested, here's a link to a webcam for Long Beach, WA. I don't know if it's the area we're flying at, but it's worth a shot, right?

http://www.642weathe...weather/cam.php

See everyone in a few days.... 5 gerups!!!!

edited for below:

T,

btw, my flight is 9:30 pm on Monday, so I'll be in Portland for the day. We'll figure things out... maybe there are some sights to see? Maybe JB will have ideas or wants to be a tour guide ;) for a day.

xoxo

Sandridge is on the bay side of the peninsula and the camera faces east. But the weather is pretty much the same as the Pacific side, a mile away. The winds are very different, most the time, however.

It looks like good weather will be there for the first part of the week, at the least.

Here are the weather links I use:

http://www.642weather.com/weather/

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=Long%20Beach,%20Washington&wuSelect=WEATHER

You may see that the weather underground often reports data from the Sandridge station that has the web cam you referenced.

Fair winds,

looking forward to meeting all the participants.

We're heading up to Florence, OR Friday morning.

We want to drive up Monday for an overnighter.

No room reserved yet, never been to WSIFK WSIKF before either.

Anyone know of available rooms, or have cancelled a room recently please send me a pm

i just sent out an inquiry to the mermaid, maybe get lucky there.

Thanks,

-dano

Edited by Dano

Hi Guys-

Wow, four days from now, I'll be on my way. The time is flying by real quick. :)

So far, the forecast is sweeeeeet!!! Sunny 'til further notice with the temps gradually dropping from the 70's to the lower 60's. That's a huge difference from the 90 to 100 degree temps plus humidity that we've dealt with all summer.

I can't wait to get a break from all of that heat... oh, and to fly with you all!!! clap_1.gifani_yahoo.gif

4 gerups... hi Brian

Hi Guys-

<snip>

4 gerups... hi Brian

Hi Laura, Hi Brian,

2 gerups here as we fly out on Saturday.

I'm looking forward to meeting with everyone and will not be too disappointed if we do not get the 100. <grins>

The check lists are mostly ticked even if all the bags have not finally been packed.

Safe journeys...

Felix

I'm mostly packed as well, but have a nagging feeling that I am forgetting something obvious.

Bart

Lines? Ground stake? Rum offerings for Bazz and Steve? Rain gear (not likely from the look of it...but ya never know) Suntan lotion? Hat?

Hi Laura, Hi Brian,

2 gerups here as we fly out on Saturday.

I'm looking forward to meeting with everyone and will not be too disappointed if we do not get the 100. <grins>

The check lists are mostly ticked even if all the bags have not finally been packed.

Safe journeys...

Felix

Hi Felix-

Awesome..... glad you're getting an early start; you have a looooooooooong haul to get there.

I'm also looking forward to meeting everyone I haven't already met. While it will be ever so slightly disappointing that there might not be 100 pilots (only time will tell), it's going to be an amazing experience just to be close to those numbers. Also, all that will be learned in attempting this is extremely valuable, too. :)

Safe and easy travels.