100 Rev fly at 2010 WSIKF (Aug 16-22)

KiteLife

I think I'll give this a try.

Hat Cam

-Alden

The guy with the Helmet Cam went to way too much work. He should have watched the Cap Cam video first. No reason he could not attach to the helmet the same way.

If the hat or cap does not want to support the camera pointed in the desired direction, a simple "L" bracket made from sheet aluminum, mounted under the bill and behind the crown, held in place by the screw holding the camera should do the job.

Looks like a fun thing to pursue.

Where to look is a good question! <snip>

Peripheral vision is as good as it will get I suspect.

The visual feedback is basically essential. Look what happens if you focus on the wrong kite and wonder why 'that other flyer' is falling out of the sky? <grins>

Felix

Look what happens if you focus on the wrong kite and wonder why 'that other flyer' is falling out of the sky? <grins>

I am guilty of that, way too easy to do. Maybe a reminder at the time of the attempts is to say "Look at your kite only!" and "Use your peripheral vision to place yourself accurately within your group."

At least I hope the person beside me will elbow me in the ribs and whisper that in my ear if I start getting air headed again.............

I am guilty of that, way too easy to do. Maybe a reminder at the time of the attempts is to say "Look at your kite only!" and "Use your peripheral vision to place yourself accurately within your group."At least I hope the person beside me will elbow me in the ribs and whisper that in my ear if I start getting air headed again.............

The exhortation is fine but in practice you only need to blink and re-focus on the wrong kite and it all goes sadly wrong.

Repetitive actions do not help either as in 'auto pilot', so 'practice, practice, practice' gets a bad name as well <grins>

Felix

Just packed our bags for our trip. We are stopping over in Canada first and then heading down to Long Beach for the festival.

I think we have packed everything including two spare kitchen sinks! So, we are officially excited now and can't wait to be on our way. I am bringing a team set of 4 printed kites for people to try so you can pretty much guarantee that we will have strong winds for the duration!

See you all soon.

Stephen

Good to know that someone will be able to do the 'washing up'.

Looking forward to a memorable event as well.

Safe journey

Felix

Can't wait to see you guys again. See you both soon.

Off to Columbia first.

Then WSIKF for a week of fun.

Safe journey to you both

Bazzer

Can't wait to see you guys again. See you both soon.

Off to Columbia first.

Then WSIKF for a week of fun.

Safe journey to you both

Bazzer

Hey Bazzer,

Glad to know that you are going to be released from the sewing machine for a while <grins>

See you soon.

Felix

There is one (mine), plus I believe another, generator lined-up to power the sound system.

Since the generators will probably be running down on the beach, they need to be protected by a deck to keep them (it) off the sand, and a wall to block wind-blown sand. The wall should also help reduce the noise for the fliers.

My generator has a 1 ft x 2 ft foot print, so a 2'x2' or 3'x3' deck, of 1/2" ply would be sufficient, with the generator sitting diagonally. Walls need only be on two sides, and maybe 2' to 3' high.

I don't know the size of the other generator which has been lined-up.

Any suggestions or offers?

TNX

The guy with the Helmet Cam went to way too much work. He should have watched the Cap Cam video first. No reason he could not attach to the helmet the same way.

If the hat or cap does not want to support the camera pointed in the desired direction, a simple "L" bracket made from sheet aluminum, mounted under the bill and behind the crown, held in place by the screw holding the camera should do the job.

Looks like a fun thing to pursue.

Figures you'd want to use Aluminum Jim! kid_smartass.gif

-Alden

There is one (mine), plus I believe another, generator lined-up to power the sound system.

Since the generators will probably be running down on the beach, they need to be protected by a deck to keep them (it) off the sand, and a wall to block wind-blown sand. The wall should also help reduce the noise for the fliers.

My generator has a 1 ft x 2 ft foot print, so a 2'x2' or 3'x3' deck, of 1/2" ply would be sufficient, with the generator sitting diagonally. Walls need only be on two sides, and maybe 2' to 3' high.

I don't know the size of the other generator which has been lined-up.

Any suggestions or offers?

TNX

Ah, that'd be a good idea indeed... Anyone driving from home have access to these items?

We leave on the 14th and arrive late afternoon the next day.

If the quiet isn't appreciated I can scream since I am not ready for any vacation at the moment and will be lucky to remember to even bring a kite at the current rate of things not getting done here to allow me to go.

Bart

We leave on the 14th and arrive late afternoon the next day.

If the quiet isn't appreciated I can scream since I am not ready for any vacation at the moment and will be lucky to remember to even bring a kite at the current rate of things not getting done here to allow me to go.

Bart

I will bring mine and you can look at them!

will be bringing a batch of snagless handles for Lolly. See ya all there! :sign_kitelife:

Who be passing them on to me, and I will pass them on tooooooo..... :)

And just as a heads up...I have been taking pre-orders for these....and that means if you think you may want one, better let us know so Walt makes enough! :)

9 days till next Sunday! and I'm making my packing list NOW! :) :) (or I know I will forget something!)

T

Who be passing them on to me, and I will pass them on tooooooo..... smile.gif

And just as a heads up...I have been taking pre-orders for these....and that means if you think you may want one, better let us know so Walt makes enough! smile.gif

9 days till next Sunday! and I'm making my packing list NOW! smile.gifsmile.gif (or I know I will forget something!)

T

Hey Baby-

... and boy oh boy do you pack!!!! :)

See you in 9 days (gerups... hi Brian!!!)