100 Rev fly at 2010 WSIKF (Aug 16-22)

KiteLife

From a standpoint of time, speaking for myself, I do not want to spend 2 hours standing in a grid waiting

Just you wait! Sometimes we stand around out there for 6 or 8 hours! :) Or till you can't see the lines anymore! :)

Note to all who haven't done this: It takes a while to set up the grid. John evalutes and move flyers from here to there....

This does take time to set up. Patience is very necessary. Chat with your neighbor. Get accustomed to who's flying what colored kite. know your space. Know your number. A lot of time will be spent on the ground at one end, while the other end is getting positioned and vise versa.

18 days to go!

T

Edited by Theresa

Just you wait! Sometimes we stand around out there for 6 or 8 hours! :) Or till you can't see the lines anymore! :)

Note to all who haven't done this: It takes a while to set up the grid. John evalutes and move flyers from here to there....

This does take time to set up. Patience is very necessary. Chat with your neighbor. Get accustomed to who's flying what colored kite. know your space. Know your number. A lot of time will be spent on the ground at one end, while the other end is getting positioned and vise versa.

18 days to go!

T

Yeah I'll bring the coffee, drinks, popcorn and my big screen TV too!!!! :kid_smartass::kid_devlish:

Cheers

Mario

Just you wait! Sometimes we stand around out there for 6 or 8 hours! smile.gif Or till you can't see the lines anymore! smile.gif

18 days to go!

T

Well said T!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps not surprisingly, I cover a few of these specific things regarding WSIKF, the other details, in the Revisions coming out in the next kitelife issue.

Heh, Jim, I laughed when I saw the "monkey business" comment :D

New issue will go live early in the first week of August, I'll broadcast it's release.

As for herding the cats, horseplay, etc... Enough of the folks know me really well, I'll establish the reins for Stephen and myself early on, and ensure recognition for the appointed coordinators/safety marshals... It'll be direct, firm and sympathetic. ;)

Less than 3 weeks already, really??

I think you need a hat for that JB, and Steven too!!!!

83117112v4_480x480_Front_Color-White.jpg

Ah, another sport the American's are World Champions at because no one else

a) Has ever heard of it before

B) They won't tell anyone else the rules!

As apposed to the English who invent all the good games, teach them to everyone else so well that we then get stuffed at each and every one of them!

I am seriously looking forward to this now. Starting to think about what kites to bring etc. Now, has anyone thought about how you take a picture of 100 revs at the same time.

back a bit......

back a bit......

keep going.......

Ah, another sport the American's are World Champions at because no one else

a) Has ever heard of it before

B) They won't tell anyone else the rules!

As apposed to the English who invent all the good games, teach them to everyone else so well that we then get stuffed at each and every one of them!

I am seriously looking forward to this now. Starting to think about what kites to bring etc. Now, has anyone thought about how you take a picture of 100 revs at the same time.

back a bit......

back a bit......

keep going.......

What about KAP?

<snip>

Also looking forward to it and was wondering if having taken the photograph whether it could be 'photo shopped' to show a consistent kite graphic with colour variations?

<grins>

Felix

Now that might lead to some interesting viewing after the event. Where exactly do you look in a MEGA grid?

Where to look is a good question! It's tough because you do want to sneak a peak and check out everything; while keeping an eye on your kite at all times.

Do you remember the actor, Marty Feldman? He has those crazy eyes that go in two different directions... might be useful here!!!

I'm sure there will be ample video of this event!

See you in a couple weeks.