100 Rev fly at 2010 WSIKF (Aug 16-22)

KiteLife

Count me in!:blue-grin:

Hey John, did you get my email with my sign up info?

thanks,

Erin

Getting close to the final 25...

I have no worries about whether the 100 is/are achieved on this occasion just that whatever we do achieve is executed with style...

9 x 8 will be amazing, 9 x 9 another step forwards...

<grins>

Felix

SOOOOO looking forward to this......is it august yet??????????

Now that I have a room at the resort, I want to have a bit of after hours fun. I am growing peppers in my garden this year, if I have some ready I will be sure to bring some for shenanigans. I will warn you, some are EXTREMELY hot. I hope to have Jalapeño, Habanero, Hungarian hot wax, Cayenne, Peter Pepper, and the current Guinness world record holder for hottest pepper, the Ghost Pepper (Bhut Jolokia). Could be making poppers or something, may bring some home made salsa..................mouthonfire.gif

Count me in!:blue-grin:

Hey John, did you get my email with my sign up info?

thanks,

Erin

I sure did, been laid up with a tooth abscess so I've been mostly offline for the past few days... Gotcha added to list now, glad you'll be there. :)

Hi again. I just started to pay attention to some of the details outlined on page one of this thread. ohmy.gifSo 120 ' line sets, eh? unsure.gif

What were we flying at last year's mega fly attempt at WSIKF? I think it was 100 ' lines, am I right? unsure.gif

I barely have room for fly my 85' lines in our little park at Vanier especially now that they have added a large sprawling sculpture on the field. wacko.gif

So do you think it is going to be much of a problem switching to longer lines when I'm down in Washington in August? Suggestions, advice.....?!045_excl.gif

In my opinion switching from 100 to 120 foot lines is pretty much transparent. You will notice little, if any, difference in your flying and will not need to "learn" anything to use them.

Bart

Hi Bart,

I think that you are correct. I also think that, for a moderately experienced flier, the transition from the whole wind window to the more focused space of grid flying should not really be an issue. <grins>

Felix

Hi Bart,

I think that you are correct. I also think that, for a moderately experienced flier, the transition from the whole wind window to the more focused space of grid flying should not really be an issue. <grins>

Felix

Touché

I make no bones about it that the mega fly scares the hell out of me and the trip in general is scary for me - I do not deal well with unknown variables, but to combat this I've decided to break it down into little steps.

The first step is to decide I will go even though it is a big unknown for me. I've done that now.

The second step is to get there and I'll be relying on Kite Cowboy to get me that far. We talked about some of the logistics last week of this trip. I'll panic a few more times before we leave, but that's me.

Once I get there I'll see what comes next and probably settle down. Getting there is the hardest part.

Besides all of that, I need a vacation bad!

Bart

Reposting... One more flier added, makes 77, just 23 left to reach 100!

JB, your response to Bart's 'Touché' post is one that appears to have been lost. Maybe you could re-address it? Somehow I felt it was important and I am trying to remember the rest of the messages <grins>

Felix

Hey John, add a day to my name, I will be arriving Thursday, leaving Sunday. I have it confirmed with my new job that I have those days off, and staying at the resort with my wife too!

Ahh, Life is Good! :sign_kitelife:

Awesome Walt!!! so glad for you both, Congratulations on the pay check , I know you really wanted this job. Maybe we get to see you in day light more. Much respect to you for pushing the night shifts to make ends meet.

You won't keep a good dog down!

See you at the Henge.

Bazzer

Awesome Walt!!! so glad for you both, Congratulations on the pay check , I know you really wanted this job. Maybe we get to see you in day light more. Much respect to you for pushing the night shifts to make ends meet.

You won't keep a good dog down!

See you at the Henge.

Bazzer

Good to know that Walt is able to travel. The BA situation is getting worrying...

I would be disappointed to miss the 100 attempt due to industrial relations! It may be a small project on a global scale but it is one that means a lot to me <grins>

Felix

• 2 weeks later...

JB - Right now you have me, Jeanette and Ron on the list. Our child care situation has come together completely yet, so it may be necessary for Jeanette to sit out. If we can find someone to watch the kids fur the duration of the attempts then she is of course going to be in on it. Just wanted to let you know as you plan and count numbers.

Thx

Mark

Too Much Fun