Rev Team Manual

KiteLife

Latest version, added "Dosey-Do" and "1x2x1"... Thanks Mike!

Revolution_Mega_Fly_Figures_v1d.pdf

So........ everytime there is another change I need to reprint the whole manual?? For those of us that are computer challenged is there a way to only have to print the changed page? Possibly an addendum to the original that can just be added to the end of the manual? Otherwise , AWESOME! I'm already printing my third manual lol

...is there a way to only have to print the changed page?

When you choose to print, look carefully at the choices that pop up. In amongst all that text, Adobe Acrobat gives you the option to print All, Current page, etc.

post-14-1177933428_thumb.jpg

Ant, anybody with 120's and a Rev 1.5 can fly... The sticks aren't usually a problem. ;)

well i now have one with sticks and one without once i get the sail back from rev witch ben should have for me in wildwood but thats now something i know for the books thanks man ;)

The big question is, how do we know what has been changed without comparing every page we have printed already?

The changes have been listed each time, along with the download link. See the first post at the top of this page.

If needed, I can also add a separate changes document.

• 2 weeks later...
That might be useful... Maybe a log at the end, a simple text history of changes and additions?

John, do it like we on the IRBC with the ISK books.

- front cover (Title, Revision, Date and logo)

- page 2 - Change History and authors

- page 3 - Table of Contents

- page 4 and etc - text

ciao, John

It's ultimately up to Mike, it's his baby. ;)

But, I do agree that would work well.

I have sent a message to Mike to email me privately to discuss this.

The ISK(International Sport Kite) books do seem to work out quite well, in particular with change history which is necessary for Sport Kite Competitions. For the one who is doing all the writing, it is a bit of a pain in butt. However it does pay off in the long run. As you know, I did all the re-writing of the ISK books since early 2004.

• 2 weeks later...

Not to be spoken English and I cannot answer as gustaria me but I follow the discussion of team through Fernan, I want to salute to all. In special to Barresi, Gustavo, Stephen. Sorry, my English is of traducctor. :rolleyes: [/size]

To count with me for which it is, support the initiative.

Greetings of Tonet.

• 4 years later...

Just to inform those who may not have noticed, there is one error and one update that I have already notified Mike of and he has said will be in the new version. =)

For the 6-kite Compound Benefits, at Step #6 where they do the 180deg turns, it shows Kite #2 and #5 turning 180deg upwards.

-According to Mike's theory in the last few pages on calculations on which way to turn during the 180deg turns, kite #2 and #5 be turning downwards instead. In the Team Animations on the Revkites website they turn downwards as well.

For the Blender, he states that in a 6-kite formation, Kite #3 and #4 should not swap. However, in the Revkites Team Animations Blender-6, the middle 2 kites #3 and #4 swap as well, just that they turn 180deg up instead of down.

-Mike has said that in the old days, the middle kites do not swap, but nowadays most people do. So feel free to swap!

Hope this helps! =)

So........ everytime there is another change I need to reprint the whole manual??...

Actually, unless you need to take it somewhere where there are no computers, why print it at all?

The whole point of going paperless and inventing things like the Portable Document Format (PDF) is to avoid printing things on paper, just to HAVE a hard copy. Why not download the PDF, study it, learn from it.

Then only on the very day that you absolutely need a paper version (going to a kite fest where there is no power available maybe?) THEN check to see if you have the latest version on your computer and print a single copy.

There was never any need to print copy after copy just because a sentence was changed. I agree, that it would be nice if a CHANGE memo was published when changes are made. You can view the new version quickly that way. If you DO have a paper copy, you can pencil in the change until the next time you want a perfect paper copy.

A great many smartphones can read PDF files; iPads and other tablet computers as well. You might never have to kill a tree (kidding) and print a copy. (I realize that some of these were not options in 2007, but the paperless principle was already thought of.)