Frost Bite

CraigBrock

Has anyone ever lost any fingers Flying REVs during Cold Weather? Just had to go out and try some things i seen on CD last night.OK so its only 12 degrees out and the wind is blowing with a chill of around ZERO. I told my wife I am not crazy but she has a pretty good argument going in her favor. On the bright side I had a great time and did learn some new things. Does anyone understand what I am talking about?Or have I really lost my mind this time?LOL

Has anyone ever lost any fingers Flying REVs during Cold Weather? Just had to go out and try some things i seen on CD last night.OK so its only 12 degrees out and the wind is blowing with a chill of around ZERO. I told my wife I am not crazy but she has a pretty good argument going in her favor. On the bright side I had a great time and did learn some new things. Does anyone understand what I am talking about?Or have I really lost my mind this time?LOL

Hello CraigBrock-

Nope, you're not crazy...... well.......... perhaps just crazy about Revs!!kid_devlish.gif We (the Rev Riders, mainly) spent four days in a row out in some fairly cold stuff for New Year's weekend. The temp was around 11 degrees F, and the windchill was well below ZERO!!! Layers and handwarmers inside the glove or, better yet, the mittens with the finger cut offs. There have been many days similar to that. I flew for a couple hours on Saturday as the snowstorm/ blizzard was passing by. It was kind of brutal, but fun, anyway!!!

Hot drinks tend tohelp a bit, too.

Have fun. kid_content.gif

I know I'm liking the 20's temps we're having. I guess I've just gotten used to flying with mittens on -- its lately entailed hanging onto a blast, so ultralight flying is kind of out of the picture.

I find my toes and/or ears get more cold than anything else... and then theres the icicles on the eyelashes...

well I guess if anyone was going to lose fingers doing this I would be on the list. I live up here in northern Alberta, winter is 7 months a year. blue_wink.gif

I have a pair of boots good till 50 below, insulated coveralls and mitts with holes in them to put handles through.

if i lose any it will surely be posted on hear, maybe a contest to win a free rev.

well I guess if anyone was going to lose fingers doing this I would be on the list. I live up here in northern Alberta, winter is 7 months a year. blue_wink.gif

I have a pair of boots good till 50 below, insulated coveralls and mitts with holes in them to put handles through.

if i lose any it will surely be posted on hear, maybe a contest to win a free rev.

Ooooo... are they bunny boots?

I haven't had to get out the Carhart over-alls in a while, been going with the ski pants and a couple pairs of thermals. Or just add on Tak's big puffy jacket and then I look like a cross between a penguin and an oompa-loompa.

You guys been having an odd winter too?