New printed Revs on the Spanish site

Stephen Hoath

Which design do you like best  

32 members have voted

1. 1. So which one would you chose?

I was just looking at my friends web site www.esste.com and saw this WOW, they didn't tell me about those.

foto1.jpg

It looks like the deal is just for Europe though.

I can't decide which one i like best, i really like the Geisha girl but that Waves one is nice too, still there's always the Psycho one. Do i really need another kite anyway (who said that?)

What do you think?

Edited by Stephen Hoath

• 2 weeks later...

I voted Psycho but Waves is a very close second...

I think it is an intriguing challenge to design an artistic quad kite sail... it needs to look good at any angle... and in my opinion the design needs to have aesthetic strength at 120' as well as interesting detail when you see it close up...

'Miles to go before I sleep' (R. Frost)

Edited by BillLamm

I was thinking about a feathered theme for a print.Not unlike my Wings Masterpiece or an RAF Spitfire look.

The problem is,if it only came in black[lets say].Then thats the choice.Thers so much these guys can do.Thers nearly to much choice.If ya see what i mean.

Putting a deal on a limited edition run is kewl and gives you some great options FREE.Along with a superb deal and helping make your mind up.

Without flying the kite at the weekend.I personally wouldnt have considered one,but they fly reallllyyyy nice.

A chance to paint/create and then fly your own Masterpiece at a very reasonable cost

BRIAN...

Those are all fantastic. The possibilities are limitless Does anyone in the States have one? What was the aprox. cost after dollar conversions and shipping etc.confused_1.gif

I think you have to go via Rev direct if you want something like this in the States. However, Mr Gomberg recently had a very nice custom one made for him on his site. There is a link here somewhere, i am sure someone can point us in the right direction.

Those are all fantastic. The possibilities are limitless Does anyone in the States have one? What was the aprox. cost after dollar conversions and shipping etc.confused_1.gif

I've flown Ben's printed Revolution History rev a bit. It's very cool, containing a picture and date of most the Revolution models. I can't seem to find a picture anywhere though.

I think you have to go via Rev direct if you want something like this in the States. However, Mr Gomberg recently had a very nice custom one made for him on his site. There is a link here somewhere, i am sure someone can point us in the right direction.

Info on the Gomberg rev can be found at http://www.gombergkites.com/update/537.html and you can order by either calling Dave or sending him an e-mail at [email protected]. They're $300 with a matching bag and 3-wrap frame; no handles. I've got one but haven't had a chance to fly it yet, between the recent foot surgery and all of the snow on the ground!

Some people just have no dedication to kite flying you know! :kid_smartass:

I'll cop to that. If it were *either* the incision on my foot that's taking way too long to heal and joint that still needs PT, *or* the snow on the ground, that kite would have been in the air by now. But this combination is just a bit much right now...

• 3 weeks later...

We had one of the New Ltd Edition printed Revs on the Beech yesteday i ideal conditions for it.Also ideal to realy try and see if its the low wind kite of choice or does the B Series still get the vote for us.

The kite look kewl btw in the waves Patern.Does have a couple of issues for me though and its not the print,design,or any quality issues at all.I wont mention them,its a private joke between team mates and i think the kites owner needs to LIVE with it[i mean explain]

We set up on the Beech as a quad in very low winds[1-3 mph].

1 Printed waves - Race Rods

1 Masterpiece Martin Lester- Race Rods

Ok,my Martin Lester loves low winds,but the printed Kicked its ar,,.Drive was much better in the printed and the Masterpiece was streight away Heavier,,,,but its a SEXY kite.

Not apples for apples perhaps.

This was a great comparrisson though.

1 x Printed - All Race frame

2 x B Series std -All Race Frame[mine and kevs]

1 x B Series std - unknown rods? [borrowed kite of Neils]

I flew first the B series of mine.My settings.I had equalised my lines that morning.The kites like new.The settings very similar to what the Printed was set up on.Flew it in winds 1 -3mph,,,,,,Very Nice.Perfect feel to it,Afterall,its my kite and settings.I swopped with the B Series Kev had set up.Exactly the same kite,but with Kevs settings.Flew just aswell,but settings slightly diffrent.Less Brake than mine.I wouldnt have swopped him for mine,lets put it that way.The kite Neil had.A borrowed Team Kite that was exactly the same as mine and Kevs.Apart from the spars wher diffrent.Well,its fair to say.We all hated it,it was proper ODD to fly.I fiddled with settings at the handles.Which made it flyable,but the kite wasnt behaving like it should.

We all changed around and all noticed the diffrence between the kites.

The printed got the vote for best low wind kite from all of us,,,,,Not By Much Though for me,but thers a deffinate diffrence in drive,weight,and handling.Less movment required to create the drive was a very obvious diffrence.Basically,its a nice kite in low winds and a definate advantage if your flying team in these conditions,,,A MUST REALY,,,it does make a diffrence.We will have to have them....OR A ZEN[Zen not yet arrive]

What happend in 7mph and up around double wind figures like 12mph.Maybe a diffrent story.I suspect the B Series will chew its Ba... for wind range,handling and stability.I could be wrong though as i havent tried it at 12mph,but im guessing you would wana change around 7-8mph to a diffrent kite.

The kite that flew poorly.Had the following Rods.L/E had one P400 camo in it on the left and the centre spar was a P90.Along with the Right spar also was a P90.The verticles wher 4wrap[Rev equipped].Hardly ideal for the conditions.The kite was way outa balance.Everyone said it pulled to one side almost seconds after trying it.The lines wher questioned,but i equalised those that morning[i didnt let on].I flew the kite in team for around an hour.Comical was my findings.I couldnt stop laughing about its lack of balance and control.Compensated for it after a good hour,but it was NASTY to fly.

Conclusion for me

Printed does make a diffrence,,,defo.We will be ordering some when we have funds for team kit.Thats IF the Zen doesnt come and kick its wxyz[we shall see soon enough].The times we may have worked like dogs or struggled in team.When this kite could have given the edge or made that slight diffrence are countable on one hand,BUT IT WILL MAKE A DIFFRENCE having them.Ther Kewl.When you get down to minute diffrences and on the real edge that Zero and Low wind flying is.Ther isnt ever gona be a Massive diffrence,but you would notice a diffrence with these kites.Streight away.

The B Series is still my fav though.The slight weight diffrence i can handle,its just a nice piece of kit and a pleasure to fly.

The Badly set up B Series,just goes to show.The set up can and will make a diffrence with a wide range of experienced pilots noticing it.Having the kite set up properly is so,so important.Pointless having a Dragster and running it on two Cylinders or all the tyres at very diffrent pressures.

A good days flying in the main,,,,Intresting

BRIAN...

No Video sorry,,,,never crossed our minds realy and it was a wonderfull winters day on the beech.A spot of Camera work would have been a great idea.

One thing that keeps niggling me about the Printed Revs and would compare apples for apples against the ZEN

WHY not make the printeds available as a REV 1 size.Like the ZEN.That would be very intresting also.

The deal thats on the 1.5 printeds atm.Makes it very tempting in its own right.A ltd Edition masterpiece,for SLE money.Then some extras and free postage.

Thanks for the appreciation btw.....smile.gif

BRIAN...

Bri ~ Thanks for the detailed info!

I was wondering the same and had asked about these kites some time ago... You answered my concerns!

I too appreciate your efforts and clear findings... Jynx

Hey Babe.How are ya

No need for concerns darling.Ther kewl.A real pleasure to fly.The waves would be my pick of the deal they have atmAlthough i would probably dream up some design of my own and go the whole hog.

If asked to discribe them in a word

SMOOOOOOTH

They are very smooth in flight.Must be some wind factor drag what ya ma call it happening,but ther silky smooth and realy easy to fly.

Have a great KP8 Babe,give Dave and everyone a big kiss for me.Take loadsa pictures Jynx.

BRIAN... I may have a telephone bid at the auction,,,,lol