Training Video

CraigBrock

First off I am new to flying Revs. I have flown dual line kites for a little while now and have had pretty good luck learning new tricks on them.I am going slow on learning the Revs mainly due to lack of training on what to do with handles and feet positions of certian tricks.Almost all you tube vids only show the kite not the operator. Is there a good training Vid out there ? I think it just may not be possible to show what tension they are fealing and how the wind is reacting that day. Having work in the aircraft field most of my life(30 Years and still going) I have a great concept on air flow and lift. I have flown RC aircraft for about ten years and have a great light touch on the controls.I think the best way to learn is hands on but with a good understanding of what is taking place . I have read a lot of the forums but have not seen any stand out training vids or text.Ok i have rambled on enough my question is what is the best way to learn to fly a Rev short of having John or one of the IQuad team come out and show you LOL

First off I am new to flying Revs. I have flown dual line kites for a little while now and have had pretty good luck learning new tricks on them.I am going slow on learning the Revs mainly due to lack of training on what to do with handles and feet positions of certian tricks.Almost all you tube vids only show the kite not the operator. Is there a good training Vid out there ? I think it just may not be possible to show what tension they are fealing and how the wind is reacting that day. Having work in the aircraft field most of my life(30 Years and still going) I have a great concept on air flow and lift. I have flown RC aircraft for about ten years and have a great light touch on the controls.I think the best way to learn is hands on but with a good understanding of what is taking place . I have read a lot of the forums but have not seen any stand out training vids or text.Ok i have rambled on enough my question is what is the best way to learn to fly a Rev short of having John or one of the IQuad team come out and show you LOL

Hi Craig,

What revs do you have? I know the EXP, rev 1.5 SLE, and B-Series all come with training videos that are great for beginners, showing basic setup, take down, and basic control, as well as some advanced stuff.

I believe John B. is planning on making some tutorials to be hosted at Kitelife.com.

The fastest way to learn (maybe not the best, but certainly the fastest) is to fly with others. Find some people in your area that fly revs, and have them show you the ropes and give you some pointers. Once you have the basics down, you can fly together doing team maneuvers to really boost up the learning curve. The reason I say that this may not be the best way to learn is because learning by your self promotes a personal and unique style, whereas learning with others causes a person to merely mimic the styles of the people you are learning from.

The best advice would be to try and catch one of the iQuad rev clinics, where you can get some personal hands-on training and advise from John B. and the rest of iQuad. THe next clinic is the 3rd Annual West Coast Rev Clinic at Long Beach, WA, where I will be along side iQuad as an instructor. Unfortunately, this may be difficult coming from Missouri.

~Spence "Watty" Watson

Yup, with luck, TK and I should be working on some stuff this month.

Will start with "ground level" stuff like kite assembly, line management, changing frames, etc.

A lot of the basics will be up on YouTube for all, but the more advanced stuff will be in the Kielife subscriber area as it becomes available. ;)

I got the 1.5 SUL it came with a light wind vid but it only explanes light wind moves. UPDATE:

I got the cd from Dave tonight. Great learning tool. I really like how he makes it personal and makes it feal like hes talking to you.I think I learned more in the short time watching this then I have discovered on the web in the last few months. Kudos Dave keep up the good work.

Edited by CraigBrock