What does a Mini Cooper Look Like

AldenMiller

Hmm, that subaru might have made it out...

Got the tractor unstuck. Went 12 feet and then stuck again. Had to shovel a path down the center of my driveway to the road to keep it from getting high centered... So the progress today was that I made it to the road and got about one plow blade width cleared for about 15 feet. Bonus is that I saw my neighbor out with his front end loader, I offered him beer to help clear the end of the driveway where the plows threw up about four feet of snow and ice. Hopefully he'll help (he does like beer).

My neighbor behind me just called, he can't get his tractor out of his barn and has a 4x4 stuck in his driveway...

Hmm, that subaru might have made it out...

Got the tractor unstuck. Went 12 feet and then stuck again. Had to shovel a path down the center of my driveway to the road to keep it from getting high centered... So the progress today was that I made it to the road and got about one plow blade width cleared for about 15 feet. Bonus is that I saw my neighbor out with his front end loader, I offered him beer to help clear the end of the driveway where the plows threw up about four feet of snow and ice. Hopefully he'll help (he does like beer).

My neighbor behind me just called, he can't get his tractor out of his barn and has a 4x4 stuck in his driveway...

Alden

Why didn't you use your Power Blast to free your tractor?

Good Luck

How much did you guys get down there?

(and yes I know enough to get your tractor stuck)

I'd have used the power blast but laying out the lines in this snow is a b%&h.

26"+ and tonight it's going to freeze to a block of ice...

I'm sore and going to bed.

-Alden

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

Go fly instead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eeeeek. Wow Alden, I was wondering how you were faring down there! I had seen in the news how much Maryland had gotten slammed. I understand most of South Jersey is without power as well. We probably won't be seeing comments from Ant in awhile. We had gotten 15-17" here in my stretch of PA, so I'm not going to complain. I've seen and been through worse...

Hope the dig out goes a bit better today! *Sympathy* Follow that advice and think of TI!

Hi Alden-

Just look at it as Ma Nature's beauty- at her best!

Looks like another storm for Wednesday, with the brunt of it hitting further north.

Enjoy!!!! (What else can you do?) I flew for about an hour, yesterday... not so bad! The toughest part was not being able to put a stake in anywhere and the lines getting stuck in the snow. It was still fun, though it was gusting over 25 mph and on 55' lines, it was a bit twitchy.

Edited by Love2fly

On the topic of "Storm Stories", I just wanted to mention that Wildwood seems to be in pretty bad shape right now. Check out this video! I hope Antman & Family are somewhere safe and warm. Eeek!

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/local_news/video%3A-wildwood-is-a-ghost-town

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/local_news/video%3A-wildwood-gets-whacked-by-storm

I'd have used the power blast but laying out the lines in this snow is a b%&h.

26"+ and tonight it's going to freeze to a block of ice...

I'm sore and going to bed.

-Alden

Hey Alden,

How are making out with the after effects of the storm, hope all is well.

USMC Al

Laura, come close so I can punch you! "Just look at it as Ma Nature's beauty- at her best!" :P

I shoveled for hours today, I hurt everywhere. My neighbor's son didn't help with the front end loader so I cleared 2/3 of the driveway's center by hand. I think tomorrow I can get my truck out. A bucket for my tractor is in my very near future!

Everyone says think of TI, that's what helps when I am out there, it's five or ten shovelfuls, think of flying, breathe (right Al), shovel fly, shovel...

At least so far the power has stayed on so I feel for Ant if he has no power.

-Alden

Laura, come close so I can punch you! "Just look at it as Ma Nature's beauty- at her best!" tongue.gif

.....so I cleared 2/3 of the driveway's center by hand.

At least so far the power has stayed on so I feel for Ant if he has no power.

-Alden

Hi Alden-

Don't you think if you would have "cleared 2/3 of the driveway's center" with a shovel, instead of by hand, it would have went quicker????? All joking aside, it's a lot of work!!! I do feel for you!! Rest up and feel better.

Along with your mantra of five or ten shovelfulls, think of flying, breathe ...don't forget to appreciate "Ma Nature" for the moment, too!!!2.gif

Hopefully, Ant is doing fine and hasn't lost power. I'm sure he's quite happy about all of the O.T.; I'm sure there's a Zen or something cool in the near future.... good for him!!!

xoxo

edited for a typo

Edited by Love2fly

The weathermen and women.Have the Snow arriving Wednesday over here.Hope it snows Mini Coopers here an all.

If we get a full dusting.Like feet of the stuff,ile photograph my two 911s,DB9,The Lambos and the Rolls..... kid_devlish.gif The Mrs can get her Lotus and GTO out also.

Stay safe Alden

Hunker Down,,,,,i do like that word[hunker].Reminds me of Jynx

BRIAN...

Surely it must be time for a trip downunder.

Todays weather forecast is,

"Forecast for the rest of Tuesday

Local early fog, then a mostly sunny morning. Partly cloudy this afternoon and evening with isolated showers and thunderstorms possible about the outer northern and eastern suburbs. Winds tending northerly up to 20 km/h this morning, then seabreezes up to 25km/h developing late afternoon and evening.

City, Early fog patches. Partly cloudy. Max35C"

Edited by Alex R

That's just what I wanted to hear. I got my truck out and went to the store (a popular place today). So I've got provisions, tomorrow I'll get more diesel for the tractor and more pet food...

Just came in from shoveling, now I am on a rescue mission for my chickens. I think they'd like some water... Halfway there, I'll go back out in a few.

-Alden

Just thought to add.

I am thinking of all my Brothers and Sisters with this weather that is going around at the moment.

Watching those reports from Wildwoods it was strange seeing the sign without Ant flying a Rev around it.

Hope you are all OK over there.

Sound in from the East coast we are worried.....Benconfused_1.gifconfused_1.gifconfused_1.gif

I think they are busy getting ready for what we in the Midwest has been getting all day... (only more out east it appears) :kid_drool:

I shoveled twice today... looks like at least an inch fell in about 1.5 hours... :kid_gloomy: