STOPPED SMOKING,,,,,,,

big bri

OMG,We got a I NONE SMOKIN QUAD.......YES,YES

Nice Dazz,try that scheme i mentioned at Boots Chemists mate.Saves you an absolute fortune.

The most you pay for a 12wk course is £10 on your first visit.Let me know if i can help ya pal.

Link... http://www.boots.com/en/The-Boots-Stop-Smoking-Service_1035666/

Best of luck mate

BRIAN...

Brian,

Please stop meddling with the statistics on our side of the pond. It's a good en that you've stopped, but stop encouraging the folks around here. Do you realize what you've started? If all these folks stop smoking, they'll live longer. Plus, they'll start to taste their food, have more energy, get out and about more. That will greatly strain the limited resources that are available.

I mean, look at Jim Foster for example. Much older than you and me, but with a ton of energy. Travels all around the country flying every day. What if all the rest of the folks quit smoking and follow his example? There will not be enough resources available for the rest of us. Can you imagine the jump in cost of Revs if we start giving one to every individual who quits smoking?

Geez guy ... don't encourage them!

Cheers,

Tom

Edited by Jeepster

Dead Mens kites,,,,,,,I think a few of us may own some.

A few years ago now.An old guy who passed away and i never had the pleasure to fly with or meet.Left all his kites tobe raffled off at Shrewbury Kite Festival.A grand gesture i though.We spent a realy great weekend at the small,but perfectly formed festival.Weeks later,i found to my suprise.I had won two kites in the raffle.One was a Clarks Star.Which the Fellow had made himself.The other was a Large Faset.Again he had made himself.Awsome work on them and i luv flying the pair of them.

The raffle raised a nice amount of money for a great cause and everyone was Happy.

Lets hope ive just helped reduce or delayed.Anymore of

The Dead Mens Kites Raffles.

Perhaps the old guy is partly to blame Tom . wink.gif

As for Mr and Mrs Foster......Cocoon,is now a realitysmile.gif and im so jellous of them.Jims actually 106 yr old.As for Lynn.A Gentleman should never tell.

BRIAN...synopsisA group of Florida retirees become mysteriously rejuvented when their retirement to fly kites turns into a fountain of youth. But, the magical powers stem from some cocoons they fly near, left by good-natured, human-appearing aliens called Joe & Dave, who have come back to retrieve them .The Aliens Then decide to stay and invent The Revolution kite. Which theInfects people all over the planet.

Hey Bri! Only just came across this topic ... well done, mate! I quit 7 years ago (speaking of which ... do I get a Rev too? My new kite bag is lacking a midvent...) and it was the best thing I ever did. It was a real struggle at times, especially the first 3-4 months. Things get a bit easier, but I can honestly say I still had occasional cravings a year down the line, mainly when others smoked around me or I was in a pub etc. It does eventually get better and I can honestly say now I don't think I will ever smoke again. I don't really want to, I think cigs stink and I have no desire whatsoever to ever light up again. So hang in there, take it one day at a time and you'll beat those demons :) And then you can help us badger Les into quitting ...

I never had any patches or electronic cigs, but I did find it a great help signing up to one of the quit smoking forums. Everyone was so supportive and it helped talking about it to others who were going through the same things at the time. I also found useful to drink water from a sport water bottle, it was my pretend cigarette, I suppose.

Best of luck! *big hugs*

Ok 4.25pm today was my last one.

Got a pile of kites to build and get buried into.

Maybe this next batch will help me forget about smoking for a while.

Lots of late nights ahead.

Fingers crossed here I go.

Decided to drink cold water instead of a smoke on breaks.

Like the water bottle idea.

Much pencil sucking ahead LOL.

Here goes.

Bazzer

May this childrens story come true to you as you stop smoking:

A little railroad engine was employed about a station yard for such work as it was built for, pulling a few cars on and off the switches. One morning it was waiting for the next call when a long train of freight-cars asked a large engine in the roundhouse to take it over the hill "I can't; that is too much a pull for me," said the great engine built for hard work. Then the train asked another engine, and another, only to hear excuses and be refused. In desperation, the train asked the little switch engine to draw it up the grade and down on the other side. "I think I can," puffed the little locomotive, and put itself in front of the great heavy train. As it went on the little engine kept bravely puffing faster and faster, "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can."

As it neared the top of the grade, which had so discouraged the larger engines, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I--think--I--can, I--think--I--can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could, I thought I could."

I wish you all a lot of luck! You will all feel so much better later.

JM (over 25 years since my last cigarette)

OMG,We got a I NONE SMOKIN QUAD.......YES,YES

Nice Dazz,try that scheme i mentioned at Boots Chemists mate.Saves you an absolute fortune.

The most you pay for a 12wk course is £10 on your first visit.Let me know if i can help ya pal.

Link... http://www.boots.com...ervice_1035666/

Best of luck mate

BRIAN...

Brian

Cheers mate going to look into the patch thing

Brian

Cheers mate going to look into the patch thing

Defo worth a look at the Boots Scheme pal.Thers some good advice,patch stuff and a hoast of aids.The weekly visit is a pain,but also can be a goal.

So,Thats me and Bazza on the way,Dazz at the weekend and Jynx soon to make the quad.

Ive also ordered a rowing machine,take it out on one of them and train for my kite party crossing....laugh.gif .Dont know if i will realy take to it,but it was so cheep to buy.I couldnt aford not to buy one.Cant hurt.

BRIAN... PS,Kevs got MAN FLU,Made worse offcourse by smoking,,,,,kid_devlish.gif

Edited by big bri

Bri ~ (and anyone else on our trek) Check out this book...

"The Easy Way to Stop Smoking" by Allen Carr (an English bloke, on the other side of the pond, like you)

Even if you're on your way... It's still a fun read and has an interesting twist on the theory of quitting!

Several of my friends have quit using his theories!

Really got ME thinking!

(Look for it in a near-by library or online)

All is well Jynx,im on a two weekly check for the Chemist.Which means im due this Monday.I think they will reduce the patch from 21mg down to 15mg.

Just a word of WARNING for anyone that uses a patch.

I forgot to put one on after a bath[i have one every 3mths weather i need one or not].I realised when i started to feel flushed.This was a few hours afternot wearing a patch.I repeated the NO PATCH exercise a few days later and found i was again feeling woooooosey.So it wasnt the shock of bathingkid_smartass.gif .

Withdrawl symptoms i beleive,so be carefull.Dont fall off the track because ya forgot the patch.Seems reducing the Nicoteen patch levels is also gona be a challenge.

Kevs cut down also.We flew Sunday and he must have halved his intake.Ile snag him yet

BRIAN...

Edited by big bri

Bri ~ (and anyone else on our trek) Check out this book...

"The Easy Way to Stop Smoking" by Allen Carr (an English bloke, on the other side of the pond, like you)

Even if you're on your way... It's still a fun read and has an interesting twist on the theory of quitting!

Several of my friends have quit using his theories!

Really got ME thinking!

(Look for it in a near-by library or online)

Hi Jynx,

If you thought reading Allen Carr was fun, try reading Joel Spitzer from your side of the pond! (on line).

He'll make you think twice!! w00t.gif

Life really is much nicer as an ex smoker (of course ... , never starting would have been better smiley-blushing.gif).

All the very best to the quitters,

Maggie

Hi Jynx,

If you thought reading Allen Carr was fun, try reading Joel Spitzer from your side of the pond! (on line).

Maggie

Thanks Maggie... The 24th is coming soon! Thanks to you... I have another site to keep me in-line and on task!

Buried my self in work,

The cold turkey approach is working.

Had a machine screw up the other day nearly went to the local gas station.

Now on day 8.

Sleeping very soundly.

Finally catching up on myself.

Yep been a grumpy niggling little bugger all week.

Walked past a guy smoking the other day and it smelt great. Stood next to the same guy in Supermarket later that day.

He smelt like an ashtray.

So good days and very bad days.

Surprised after machine failure day that I didn't crumble.

And quiet honest with you if I do. I won't feel too bad over it.

Don't get me wrong I have no intention of smoking, but if it really hits the fan!!!!!!!!!!

It's a long term thing not just today.

Bazzer

Hi Jynx,

Life really is much nicer as an ex smoker (of course ... , never starting would have been better smiley-blushing.gif).

Maggie

Maggie ~ This on-line stuff is really good! ani_idea.gif Made copies to read during vacation... Hopefully, I'll be ready for the plunge! ani_smoke.gifbig_starwars.gifbones.gif ....THANKS!

Ive tried cold Turkey and i just couldnt hack it.Its a mind thing at first,but forty+ a day was quite a habit.

Welldone Bazza.

Intresting you mention sleeping.I was waking for a smoke.Now im sleeping better than ive ever done.Dont they smell SWEET when ya catch a whiff,,,,,,,

I have so much more TIME now also.Which the Patch i think helps very much to ease the ,,,Ile have a cig.Ya still want one,but when ya pause a mo and think about it,Ya dont Need one,its just the spare time then that needs dealing with.The patch obviously kills the crave and head niggle.

40 cigs x 10mins per cig =man,6hrs a day smoking....confused_1.gif .This doesnt take into the buying of them,filling zippos,find and loosing them,cleaning up after them,ashtrays,and all the parafinalia.

BRIAN...

When I first quit smoking, the smell of a lit ciggie smelled good. After a few weeks it hit me that they really don't smell that great. Within a couple months they downright stink like dirty laundry or a well worn pair of shoes, smells that you try to avoid. I can now tell if someone is a smoker if I get within ten feet of them, even if they haven't had a smoke in several hours. I found that using the "but I am stressed out" cop out to have or continuing to smoke is nothing more than a learned way to deal with the stress. The trick is to find new ways to get past the thing that would otherwise cause the hand to mouth nervous habit that smoking really is. I have heard that one of the reasons smoking is so difficult to give up, besides the dependence on nicotine, is it has become a acceptable substitute to the smoker for sticking their thumb in their mouth and sucking on it. I have dealt with many high stress issues in the three years since I have quit, including losing a job that I made good money with and intended to retire from, seeing my wife in the hospital for congestive heart failure more times than I care to remember, having a mother in law with a "A" type personality move in and take over "MY" home, (and the many "intense discussions" that result with two "A" types in the same home) and the many daily life issues that crop up. I made a commitment to myself that I will NEVER again give in to smoking, no matter what life throws at me. It is not worth the expense, time, or health issues that it causes.

Keep going Bri, Jynx, Bazzer, and anyone else who decides it is time to quit. It is well worth the effort on so many levels. You can look at it as another way to "grow up" and become a better person.

DAZZ & BAZZA,

Whats the Bobby Moore,are ya on track

BRIAN...

No mate I had a really crap day at work tuesday(as in nearly lost job)so I am back on the smokes.Not smoking much as I do not smoke in the house and its too bloody cold to be standing outside.I am going to the chemist to try the patches,as the cold turkey thing is not for me(will power of a wet lettuce).Glad your doing well,you too Bazzer all the best