STOPPED SMOKING,,,,,,,

big bri

Hey Bri....

When you reach 8 months without a cigarette or a puff of any kind, I will send you a Rev 20th anniversary for your struggles and triumphs!

Hope that helps ward off the demons a bit easier and puts another goal out there for you to reach.

Wow....

You almost make it worth starting smoking again, and then giving it up.

Key word "almost".

I don't think I could smoke again even for a new Rev.

Edited by Jim Foster

Keep it up Bri, I have been smoke free for just over 3 years, (Jan 7th) after smoking for over 27 years. I tried the patch, it made my skin itch and burn where the patch was applied. After three days I just went cold turkey! If you can find a way to exercise, it will help rid your body of the toxins from smoking, give you something new to do, and help you regain some of the lung capacity lost to smoking.

Now the bad news. Keep an eye on your weight, it typically will go up after quitting. I think it is because food tastes so much better. I am sure there are other reasons...... :sign_kitelife:

Edited by RS67Man

Hey Bri....

When you reach 8 months without a cigarette or a puff of any kind, I will send you a Rev 20th anniversary for your struggles and triumphs!

Hope that helps ward off the demons a bit easier and puts another goal out there for you to reach.

Hey Kent I haven't had a puff for over 8 years ..so can I have one to ? kid_devlish.gif

A very nice offer by the way

Edited by play365

Hi big bri,

Quitting can be fun too, get a free quit meter from 'Whyquit.com' watch the money saved, and amount of cigs not smoked grow.

I liked this ad ;

( there are loads more to amuse you in a difficult moment)

You can do this, it gets better every day!! 3 years for me, 21,000 not smoked, 3 Revs (so far)!!

Maggie

I wish I had a bad habit to give up. I could use some extra money.

Hey Bri....

Well,What can i say.Thats a great incentive Kent.Waw.

A very generous offer

Ok then.Its day Seven.A massive milestone for yesterday.Kev my flying buddie.Puffed away allday and i never flinched.Im on his case now to quit.

Thanks again Kent for your support,its quite a prize.I only hope i can get ther.8mths,Makes it around September time....Oooo,one day at a time for now i think.

Made my day Kent,Cheers.

BRIAN... blue_biggrin.gif

Bri ~

Just wanted to let you know what an inspiration you are!

Been smokin' and quitin' all my life... You've got me thinkin' again!

Gotta make the try AGAIN!

wub.gif Jynx

Hey Babe,Me and Debs wher looking at the Best Western Hotels rates Yesterday and I thought about you.The one at Huntington you stayed at last year.

I noticed ther signs and warnings didnt apply to me though for the first time since i was 14yrs old[im 43]

SMOKING ON BALCONY ONLY......Time they didnt apply to you,go on Jynx,lets doit together baby.These new patch things realy are GOOD,A Bit Chewy but ther good....lol .

If Kent doesnt mind,I would share the Very Kind incentive of the kite with ya,IF we both make the 8mths Target.Own it for six mths each.We both need todo it though.

I know you enjoy a smoke and a chat.Weve shot the breeze and burned a fag together,Its time to kickum now,realy it is Jynx.

I have no dam will power at all.Look for Gods sake,im nearly 20stones.How can i have any will power.These new patches and other replacement medicines and stuff.Will kill that crave Jynx.Ther much better than i imagined,much better.

COME ON,we can inspire one and other.Then hopefully more.

WADA YA SAY,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,YEHHHHH

BRIAN...

<snip>

COME ON,we can inspire one and other.Then hopefully more.

BRIAN...

Hey Brian,

Keep up the good work...

I gave up at a kite event. It was Valencia, about six years ago.

I was somewhat taken aback some years later to meet with iQuad in Japan and to find that they had not yet gone 'smoke free' <grins>

Felix

COME ON,we can inspire one and other. Then hopefully more.

BRIAN...

It's a deal!

I've picked a stop date of February 24th!

I know it isn't tomorrow BUT very soon I'll be vacationing (in Puerto Rico) with all three of my kids and the last smoke day will be on our return! Two of them smoke and MAYBE, IF I can do some convicing, we can ALL quit together (during the vacation) and move that date up!

Wouldn't that be GREAT!

Sincerely... THANKS for the nudge!

Jynx

Hey Bri....

Hey, I am already through my first 8 month. Do I get a kite from you too? It's now 5 years. A white Zen would be nice. But I won't be too picky about the color. ;)

It's a deal!

I've picked a stop date of February 24th!

I know it isn't tomorrow BUT very soon I'll be vacationing (in Puerto Rico) with all three of my kids and the last smoke day will be on our return! Two of them smoke and MAYBE, IF I can do some convicing, we can ALL quit together (during the vacation) and move that date up!

Wouldn't that be GREAT!

Sincerely... THANKS for the nudge!

Jynx

How kewls that

Great News Jynx,24th will be here soon enough.IF we can get some more people in for the date.The Kent kite will be a great Icon....IF we get ther.

K E V ,,,,,,,,,,Hint,Hint

That will be even better.Glad your up for a life changing decision.

Day Eight,Another trip to be checked by the Chemist .Her Blow Toxin machine had,,,,,,,NO RED LIGHTS,ALL GREEN,Which shows im a NONE SMOKER Officially kid_smartass.gifmatrix.gif .A real sence of achievment.

One thing ive also found.

IF it takes 10mins to smoke a cig

and

Then you smoke 40 a day as i was.

Youve now got loadsa time left to do more stuff

Loads more time.

BRIAN,,,,Quit Kev,quit Kev,Quit Kev,

Hey Bri....

I have decided that this is my last pack. 10 to go.

Got over the Christmas rush now. So no more work excuses.

It hit me while sitting at SPI the other day that I was smoking just for the sake of it. The only reason was someone else had just lit one or just got a coffee, drink, food etc . For me its time. For the others...well I don't live in your shoes.

I'm sorry boys and girls on the team.......its time for me.

Signing on as #1 of iQuad to stop.(Apart for JD who never has)

Whos next?

If after 8 months if anyone gives me a "friggin" Rev I will start again LOL

And Guys,if your going out for a smoke between flights I'm not looking after your carry on's!

Bazzer

Just had a thought . If I have not smoked again by WSIKF.....................

I'm going to blow up a Rev at the night fly!

Edited by Bazzer

Would love to see you blow up a Rev Bazzer, hope a video will be made!!

There were some guys from the Army blowing up tree stumps yesterday on the estate where I work. It was great to watch.

Dont think you will need quite as much explosiv as them though, then again, you never know, more is better :kid_devlish:

I have decided that this is my last pack. 10 to go.

I'm sorry boys and girls on the team.......its time for me.

Signing on as #1 of iQuad to stop.(Apart for JD who never has)

Another convert!

Hey Baz.. Congrats!

You quit for 8 months and I'll lend you one of the Harleys for Mots! matrix.gif

With all this support we (all) can do it!

Thanks AGAIN kid_loved.gif to Bri for the nudgeS! ...Look what you started! ...Bout time!

Sounds like the rev world is going smoke free.I have decided to quit the cigs this coming sunday as it is my 40th.My daughter keeps going on at me to stop and I think its about time.My wife is going to give up with me,so we are going to fight the nicotine demons together.I have tried to give up in the past but one thing or the other and I have started again,but not this time.......

Another convert!

Hey Baz.. Congrats!

You quit for 8 months and I'll lend you one of the Harleys for Mots! matrix.gif

With all this support we (all) can do it!

Thanks AGAIN kid_loved.gif to Bri for the nudgeS! ...Look what you started! ...Bout time!

Now your talking!

Great stuff Bazza mate.

The very best of luck to ya.

I think ive now done 10days,and at cost of over £10 a day ,over here.Boy it makes ya think.Its tough.Very tough.Ive also started walking faster.I keep reading that you put on the pounds when you quit.Sorta thought,if i walk faster,atleast i get to the fridge QUICKER....LOL

KEV,its your turn lad to kick it.

ANYMORE ,,,,,,,,,,

BRIAN...