STOPPED SMOKING,,,,,,,

big bri

Weeeeelllllll,ive now done THREE DAYS,THREE DAYS,,,,,,,,,,,,

Im on the latest supa dupa patch.Along with a plastic simulation of a cigarette that gives ya a boost on those week moments.

After smoking around forty a day now for a long while.Ive decided to give it a go and so far,so good.The patch and plastic cig realy do seem to work.They take the craving away.

I put the patches over my eyes at first so i couldnt find my cigs......kid_devlish.gif

BRIAN...

• Like 1

Good Luck Bri,

I gave up about 7 or 8 years ago. I used the plastic cigs with the nicotine bit inside.One of the hardest things I've ever done but also one of the best. Stick with it mate.

As keith says think of all those lovely revs you can get or trips across the pond.

I quit over 20 years ago.

The hardest period was the first 3 months. At around 3 months I did try one. It made me sick. That was the last one forever.

Then there is the problem socializing with friends that still smoke. You are tempted too much to try, just one.

Smoke also bothered me quite a bit for many years. Now it is more a nuisance.

Just think of what all you can buy now that you have kicked it.

Nice Brian.

After smoking for about fourteen years, I quit in 1972. I got up one morning, didn't like the taste in my mouth and quit. At that time they cost $2.00 per carton of ten packs.

Lynn quit about that same time.

Stick with it Brian. You may then live to be an old guy like me.

But then, perhaps you don't want to be an old guy like me. :confused!:

Anyone in the UK can register with Boots The Chemists.

They are currently running a scheme thats been set up.The idea being that the Goverment takes smoking from the doctors surgery and farms it out to the Large High street Chemists.

Its a 12wk course, and i thought to good tobe true at first when i stumbled on it.From a cost perspective its also a winner.The Patch stuff can be expensive over here.A week of 24hour,24Mlg strength Nicorette patchs .Costs around £14 and then you will probably need gum or the plastic cig to help with the hand to mouth habit also.Which is a smilar price for a weeks course.

This i think said to many HEAVY SMOKERS,its cheeper to smoke,,,,,[which is not true as cigs are £6 for a pack of 20],,,,,if ya wana see it that way.Perhaps an easy get out[for me anyways it was].

BOOTS the Chemist scheme works like this.

If your on Benefits,,,,nope im not,bummer,ITs FREE

If your on Incume support,,,im not,Its Free

If you have a pre paid medical exemption,,,,GO BUY ONE,I did as i have other weird habits[excesive kite buying is a registered sickness....lol,ITS FREE

If your Mr or Mrs works with 2.4 kids.All your eyes,legs,and Marbles.Amazingly the cost is £10.I didnt qualifie,im Kite Crazy you see....confused_1.gif

£10 for the full 12week course.One Ten Pound Note.....Happy Days....blue_wink.gif .

The Chemist will help you with whats best and stuff.Report to Her/him every week and pick from whatever you like to a value of around £18 per visit.They mesure your toxins when you visit,you just blow into a hand held machine.Which mesures the Toxins.

Also worth a look at this,,, http://smokefree.nhs.uk/quit-tools/quit-kit/?WT.mc_id=search&gclid=CJGPrbLSxp8CFZAA4wod9Cq1Mg for advice,ideas and support

Hope that helps someone see the light also.

Good Luck anyone who fancys a try and thanks very much for the Support my good freinds.Ile be eatin Muslei and Jogging next,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,blink.gif

BRIAN...LYCRA,,,me

Good on you Bri...

I've never smoked in my life but understand how hard it must be to try to quit the habit.

Keep at it, it sounds like you're on the right track and the 12 week course sounds like a great idea from the Government, at last!! No excuses to give up on the course if it only cost you £10 smile.gif

All the best,

Hezz

• Like 1

Anyone in the UK can register with Boots The Chemists.

They are currently running a scheme thats been set up.The idea being that the Goverment takes smoking from the doctors surgery and farms it out to the Large High street Chemists.

Its a 12wk course, and i thought to good tobe true at first when i stumbled on it.From a cost perspective its also a winner.The Patch stuff can be expensive over here.A week of 24hour,24Mlg strength Nicorette patchs .Costs around £14 and then you will probably need gum or the plastic cig to help with the hand to mouth habit also.Which is a smilar price for a weeks course.

This i think said to many HEAVY SMOKERS,its cheeper to smoke,,,,,[which is not true as cigs are £6 for a pack of 20],,,,,if ya wana see it that way.Perhaps an easy get out[for me anyways it was].

BOOTS the Chemist scheme works like this.

If your on Benefits,,,,nope im not,bummer,ITs FREE

If your on Incume support,,,im not,Its Free

If you have a pre paid medical exemption,,,,GO BUY ONE,I did as i have other weird habits[excesive kite buying is a registered sickness....lol,ITS FREE

If your Mr or Mrs works with 2.4 kids.All your eyes,legs,and Marbles.Amazingly the cost is £10.I didnt qualifie,im Kite Crazy you see....confused_1.gif

£10 for the full 12week course.One Ten Pound Note.....Happy Days....blue_wink.gif .

The Chemist will help you with whats best and stuff.Report to Her/him every week and pick from whatever you like to a value of around £18 per visit.They mesure your toxins when you visit,you just blow into a hand held machine.Which mesures the Toxins.

Also worth a look at this,,, http://smokefree.nhs...CFZAA4wod9Cq1Mg for advice,ideas and support

Hope that helps someone see the light also.

Good Luck anyone who fancys a try and thanks very much for the Support my good freinds.Ile be eatin Muslei and Jogging next,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,blink.gif

BRIAN...LYCRA,,,me

Yep good luck bri I gave up 20 + years ago...the best bit is not smelling like an ashtray and tasting ya food

Well what can i say,thanks again all,its day four and all is well[sort of]

Its tough,I think its a must to have no cigs in the house.Home alone at night is when the DEMONS come whispering.This plastic replacement cig thing is fine

BUT ITs FLAME PROOF,,,,laugh.gif .

Knowing my luck,cigs will get me in the end.Ile be crossing the road and get hit by a Marlboro wagon,,,,,,,

BRIAN...

Edited by big bri

Go Bri!! Each day is an achievement and, as Chris said, if you can stick the money you would have spent on the cigs [less spent on patches, etc., if you like] into a big glass jar you have a tangible reminder of the benefits.

I've never smoked, probably because, as a child, I saw my father try to give up so many times it just seemed easier not to start in the first place.

BTW: keep us updated on progress - we're rooting for you!

(Y'know: important days like "saved enough for my first Zen!" B) )

Its tough,I think its a must to have no cigs in the house.Home alone at night is when the DEMONS come whispering.This plastic replacement cig thing is fine

BUT ITs FLAME PROOF,,,,laugh.gif .

Knowing my luck,cigs will get me in the end.Ile be crossing the road and get hit by a Marlboro wagon,,,,,,,

BRIAN...

Hi big bri,

Quitting can be fun too, get a free quit meter from 'Whyquit.com' watch the money saved, and amount of cigs not smoked grow.

I liked this ad ;

( there are loads more to amuse you in a difficult moment)

You can do this, it gets better every day!! 3 years for me, 21,000 not smoked, 3 Revs (so far)!!

Maggie

Day five,slept like a baby.

Day five means ive save about £55.Ile get the kids helping me find it later.I cant seem to locate it.....Cheers Andy.Hows the calling going :}

The You Tube carpet fitter ive seen before Maggie.Hes now selling Lucky horse shoes on Bolton Market,,,,,blue_wink.gif

Tomorrows a big day.Team flying without the help of Mr Lambert or Butler.Driving a distance also will be a new experience without puffing away on a cigie.Ile start singing i think kid_content.gif

BRIAN..

Edited by big bri