UK Rev Flying Weekend North East England

Vince

Hi Vince

Thanks for a Great weekend. and for organising the accomodation and feeding centres...much appreciated.

Good total for the auction i think, which reminds me. Stone in the shoe bob,,, please bring the duck hat (I know, it a tucan but to me always see it as a duck) to the next gathering auction as I am going to be made to suffer for not buying it back at this 1....sign_kitelife.gif

Note 2 MR Hoath..

As suggested by OUR GR8 LEADER BIGBRI perhaps we shoud find a halfway point for the next gathering. Somewhere on the Algarve maybematrix.gif

oh ps just over 2half hours return trip. no hold ups either.....

Edited by jensteruk11

Hope evryone arrived home safe and sound like we did.

Had a smashing weekend,yeh the wind could have been better,yeh the wind could have been smoother.The company and people wher what it was all about.

Thanks everyone for your Company.The hospitality was great.

MY Personal Highs,seeing some old freinds and great people again after a while and just chatting n flying.

,Watching the BDGs on peoples faces.

,Flying with everyone,especially Felix and Ashley,watching and trying the new stance and flying technichs.They seem to do so well.

,Raising a small fortune for Haiti,from such a generous group who just keep giving in lots of ways and are a pleasure to call freinds.

.flying the 10 grid,,,,,

Main personal Highlight,

,Pauls face and the Lady on Hotel reception when he was checking out, He rereached for his wallet and produced a very large croissant.Hidden in his hood.From from Breakfast.The receptionist then asked what was the bottle in his pocket and he produced a full size bottle of HP Sauce///////////absolute classic stitch up.Msde our day.Got even better when he then froduce a very fancy salt and Pepper set from the restraunt out of another pocket......near wet myself laughing at ther reactions.The reception wher in on the prank,but Paul was stitched proper.

.Not only winning the quiz[myself,Bob and Dave B],but we beet the flying squad.

, Having sore Ribs from Laughing and flying with my freinds.

Thanks all the N/East Ladys and gents for such great hospitality.Bravo Vince,Chris,Pete and Pete S for such a great weekend and a few moments that will hang in my gallery.

Thaks all

BRIAN...

Edited by big bri

<snip>

.flying the 10 grid,,,,,

<snip>

The ten in-line column was very interesting. I had hoped to get a feel about the wake turbulence and how it might impact on experienced fliers.

From what I could see this weekend the interference was very much the equivalent to following a flier without taking a 'step back'. Some experienced fliers claim to have ways of mitigating the effects of 'following turbulence' but I am sceptical.

Funnily enough, I can recall using Rev1 kites to starve Peter Lynn inflatables of wind flow and watching them sink to the ground as a result. This was, of course, all part of Peter's design and development process and was always taken in good humour.

Felix

Thank you all for coming to our corner of the UK.

It was great to meet and fly with everyone. You all made it a very pleasant and memorable event.

We raised £655.25 for the DEC Haiti Appeal and a further £50.02 for The friends of Herrington Country Park. Absolutely fantastic thank you for all you donations, contributions and patients (it couldn't have been easy understanding a Northern accent - eh Gary).

I would list some special moments but the thread would go on for ever. I did tell Mattew about the BDG. True to form he was wearing one at the end of the event, but kept going into fits of laughter. When I asked him what was funny, He explained "I can't help it everyone I look at has a BDG". Jobs a goodin in the words of Bri.

A special thank you to Stephen and Susan Hoath (I won't mention the quiz Stephen but well done Gee!). To Felix and Ashley Mottram. Gary, Helen, Gee, Bob. Bri, Dave B, Kev (Your donation was the best mate)

and Paul(I don't know how you put up with them)Richard, Keith, Alan P, Baz and Zena. Not forgetting Matthew, TJ, John W and Daniel (photographers) and finally Becky, Cheryl( my better half and rock), Cath and Pete S, Chris and PeteN.

Thank you again new and (forgive me) old friends.

We will have a link to pictures soon.

Edited by Vince

Seems everyone got home ok then.

Also forgot to mention about the Printed Revs.Had a quick go on one in very low winds[0-3mph].Thanks to Stephen & Susan for the use of them.

Tried my pro series streight after[sul].Would have been nice then to give a Zen a spin,but still ther isnt a UK pilot that can conpare or give a qualified take on the kite.As ther still arent any to try.

The two biggest gatherings of Quad pilots ever in the North of England and the Zens is missing,,,,,,,Exclusive or Illusive.I heard many comments on this theme.,

May not be a case of when the boat comes in now.I watched the likely Lads anyways.

BRIAN...

Seems everyone got home ok then.

Also forgot to mention about the Printed Revs.Had a quick go on one in very low winds[0-3mph].Thanks to Stephen & Susan for the use of them.

Tried my pro series streight after[sul].Would have been nice then to give a Zen a spin,but still ther isnt a UK pilot that can conpare or give a qualified take on the kite.As ther still arent any to try.

The two biggest gatherings of Quad pilots ever in the North of England and the Zens is missing,,,,,,,Exclusive or Illusive.I heard many comments on this theme.,

May not be a case of when the boat comes in now.I watched the likely Lads anyways.

BRIAN...

So what did you think of the printed revs ?

we did Have a great time ( you was lucky in the quiz)

• Like 1

Yah, can't believe we lost by half a point.. should'a listened to Gee when he suggested Mark & Jeanette Lummas, but I couldn't believe Mark could have had such a dark sun tan blue_wink.gif

Anyway I had a really good time at the Gathering, only got a few photos which are here:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=59423&id=1204823362&l=8161ff85e0

You guys are very friendly, hospitable and well organised!

Will look forward to seeing you all again, somewhere "halfway" like Portugal blue_biggrin.gif he he... what a great suggestion!

Thanks again for a great weekend,

Hezz

• Like 1

Had a great weekend, many thanks to Vince, Pete S, Chris & Pete N for all your hospitality & the effort you put into the whole weekend.

Thanks to Cheryl & the other girls (sorry didnt get your names) for keeping us fed & watered all weekend.

Nice to meet up with some old friends again & make some new ones.

Hope to see you all soon.

Dave.

So what did you think of the printed revs ?

we did Have a great time ( you was lucky in the quiz)

Champioooooonis,Champioooooooonis,Hooooray,Hoooray,Hoooray

I never thought having Susan n Stephen would end up with us being handicapped.Beating a full FSquad team with only three men in our team.Made it sweeter though....wink.gif .Once Stephen and Susan retiered ther help.Due to a conflict of intrests.I thought we may struggle.I dont think anyone got The Lomas question.I think The Hoaths played fair on that one.We rose to the challenge,myself,Dave B and Bob.The Blackbird picture, i couldnt beleive anyone got that,,,,Bravo Gary.Ive had one and still have one,but didnt get it.Helen hoause was the killer.Her name was on everyones Tongue,.The sickner was the EOs[expandable Object].I think myself and Dave have severn or eight between us and went for Skunks fry up.

Anyways its the taking part that counts,,,,,,,,,Like censored.gif it is.

Champiooooonis,Champioooooonislaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif .Hard luck guys.We decided to give the winnings[a large Tin of Chocolates] to a very,very good cause.Im sure you will agree.Keeping The young Hoaths quiet on the trip home with Mum Susan and Dad Stephen,was a splendid thought.

The printed Revs.Seem quite a good buy atm.The deal thats on them is kewl.The Euro is struggling against the £££.The chance to have a realy individual kite or set of kites for a team is a great prospect.

The kite i thought was a definate improvement in the wind conditions from my std B.Would have liked longer on it and then give a Zen a spin in team.I think you also had that idea Gary,along with some others.

I liked it,i have to say.Very clean and smooth.Drive was an improvment also.Enjoyed the chance to try them.Without that.I would not have considered one.Now i probably will go buy one or we may even use them for team stuff,if we think of a theme to print on them and then raise the funds.Stephen and Susan are great judges and pilots.Ther enthusiasum for them says alot.The Zen for now has missed the Boat for me im afraid.I wont buy one until ive tried one or Bazz turns up with his at Ainsdale and we have the conditions.

weve had no first hand evidence its a low wind improvment on a SUL or Sedgwick we have been useing.The printed Revs i think just may fill that space.

We watched intently when you guys gave them a spin.The patern wouldnt be my choice,but the kite seemed well equipped to handle the very low wind.Once flown well.

Whats your take on the Printed ones Gary,Hezz.

The printed Revs i beleive will use Race Frames i have and dont require a New fangled frame.Again,more cost effective. Cost and deal is very in the printeds favour......we shall see.

I have to say also.

Ive flown a Homemade QUAD,That out performed everything i flew at the weekend, in low and zero winds.Which is frightening.Also quite Taboo on here,but true.

BRIAN...

It was an excellent weekend and thanks to everyone for their part in organising it.

It was great to meet up with someof the guys that were just names on the forum before.

Hey Keith how is the accent. When you left the North East you had the broadest accent of all of us and a BDG to matchlaugh.gif

Thanks Guys, for all the work you put in to make this such a great weekend, so worth the long trip up.

And was that really ham in the soup? innocent.gif

It wasn't jelly babies Bobsmiley-devil.gif

Thank you all for the great comments. Pleased you enjoyed the North East - Don't forget the Friendship Festival at Washington. We can do it all over again smile.gif

Edited by Vince

Hi all, just got back from a great weekend in the grim North. Thanks all for making it such a fun weekend.

To Vince and the team, my hat goes off to you for all the work you put into hosting this weekend. The site is great and the facilities much appreciated as were the catering staff! Please pass on my thanks to all those who worked so hard to make the now "legendary" soup and the Corned Beef pie.

I really enjoyed all the flying we did. Whilst very light winds are not great for quickly learning new moves and ideas i think we still covered a lot of ground with the light wind flying. (pun intended)

I have some photo's i will post later but for now, many thanks to you all for sharing your time.

Stephen

• Like 1

Sounds like you all had a great weekend flying together!!!!! Glad to hear.

Can't wait for the pictures.

Noticed in the grid vid that if one person on a particular line fell out (by fault of their own or otherwise), that the whole line goes down until the downed pilot is ready to re-engage. I like that! It makes sense on so many levels. Good on that. Have to remember that for future use.

Haven't flown one of the printed sails yet, cept for a minute or two on Ben's first one ahile back. Didn't really get any time to cross compare so no comment there. BUT, the ZEN is another story. All I'll say is that, despite it's large size relative to a B series, etc, the kite in no/low wind is agile and fast without being truckish (lorryish) and slow to turn.

Hezz, Al, who has only a yr of Rev flying under is belt and very little no/low wind experience flew my ZEN and had a kid in a candy store grin on his face!!! He flew it like he'd been low wind flying forever!!! A very forgiving kite to say the least!

More pics and vids from the weekend please!!!!!!

Edited by quaa714

Took a while to bridle,the spars wher tricky to fix and launching.It near resembled Hinbenburg at one point. kid_devlish.gif

Wind Speed

ZERO-gusting to zero point one

Flew with grace,loads of drive.Very manuverable.Hovers in no winds,clock turns are doable.

Thanks for your concern Felix,but you should know better by now my freind.Im 110% a rev man,but i do luv a leg puller

BRIAN...

post-1680-126634656261_thumb.jpg

<snip>

Thanks for your concern Felix,but you should know better by now my freind.Im 110% a rev man,but i do luv a leg puller

BRIAN...

The lighter than air spars do make quite a difference, I know. Ben would be very jealous especially as they would be indestructible <grins>

Felix

Thank you for sharing those photos Stephen. It captures the weekend very well ( I love the first one with the team kites over Penshaw Monument) - I'm just pleased you didn't have the camera for the quiz, auction and evening socializinggathering.gif

rockon.gif

Thank you for sharing those photos Stephen. It captures the weekend very well ( I love the first one with the team kites over Penshaw Monument) - I'm just pleased you didn't have the camera for the quiz, auction and evening socializinggathering.gif

rockon.gif

Still want a recount confused_1.gifsmile.gif

Okay Gary,

I couldn't understand losing by half a point - especially since the questions where full points!!. So I think the judge may have been nobbled. We'll call it a draw (I think it may have been because we only had the one prize). I'm going to sort another tin of QS. the only catch is you all gotta collect it matelaugh.gifw00t.giftongue.gifsmile.gifw00t.giflaugh.gif Can't wait.

Edited by Vince

Hey Vince,

What was the fellas name flying the Prog Stack[r,w,blue]

What a BDG he had.Once i swopped his lines over and explained about leaders and how they worked.The kite was almost incontrolable when i tried it.No Brake at all.Swopped stuff about which made a massive diffrence for him.He had gone home to make some leaders and return Sunday to give it a spin,but the wind i think put him off.He was ther,but i didnt see him fly it.Nice fella]Bob i think]

He said his lines had over five inch diffrence in lengths,when he checked them

BRIAN...