UK Rev Flying Weekend North East England

Vince

Good we will bring the patio heaters

Having located the monument on the map provided earlier in the thread I can now see why I was confused. (let alone by patio heaters and extension leads)

The profile of the Monument, at a distance, is 'similar' from all 4 sides, and with all the roundabouts on the A195 and the added abrupt change of direction of that road it is clear that the monument may be a confusing point of reference.

The flying site, in close proximity to the monument, is quite high compared to the Wear river valley so I can understand why the breezes would be reliable.

The Northern Area Playing Fields suffer from a relative low lying position with considerable growth of perimeter trees over the years. Has anyone got pictures of the site from 1989?

Felix

Good we will bring the patio heaters

We've got things covered this end. You won't need the patio heaters. Just ya revs Gary.

The monument is visible for miles around. I can see it from my house and I live about 30 minutes away. If it's misty it looks like it is standing on the clouds.

We had the compass with us today Felix. The monument is to the North of where the picture was taken.

Do you want a picture of the Northern area playing fields or the monument from 1989 Felix. I'm sure we can oblige. I also have some early festival videos. It is interesting to see how fashions have changedlaugh.gif

<snip>

Do you want a picture of the Northern area playing fields or the monument from 1989 Felix. I'm sure we can oblige. I also have some early festival videos. It is interesting to see how fashions have changedlaugh.gif

I was interested to see the height of the surrounding trees at the Northern Area Playing fields c20 years ago...

Fashions change for sure. Flying site viability, maybe more slowly <grins>

Felix

Vince, I think i have another auction item for you!

Gary, Gee, Bob and Helen all gave me their kite bags to bring up North with me........I think you know what i'm saying :kid_devlish: :kid_devlish: :kid_devlish: :kid_devlish:

See you Saturday morning.

Stephen,

anyone want to buy some revs...

There's only team kites in mine so ?

I was interested to see the height of the surrounding trees at the Northern Area Playing fields c20 years ago...

Fashions change for sure. Flying site viability, maybe more slowly <grins>

Felix

Stuggling to find that picture but I'm sure we'll find one or two for the evening get together. I believe the Sunderland festival started in 1986 when the surrounding trees would have been even less of a problem<grins>

Sounds like it has it's own carbon footprint.

More of a sandstone print Bob.

w00t.gif

Vince, I think i have another auction item for you!

Gary, Gee, Bob and Helen all gave me their kite bags to bring up North with me........I think you know what i'm saying kid_devlish.gifkid_devlish.gifkid_devlish.gifkid_devlish.gif

See you Saturday morning.

Stephen,

anyone want to buy some revs...

Or we could hire them outinnocent.gif

If anyone needs transport from the airport or station please let me know and we will sort it.

Edited by Vince

There's only team kites in mine so ?

Mine too! plus a lovely pair of blue anodized team handles I omitted to give back yesterday!... tongue.gif

Anyway, watch it Hoath. I might bring a screwdriver and you might find your lovely new personalised registration plate "in the auction" sly.gif

See you guys on Friday!

Hezz

• Like 1

Hi Bri,

I'm holding the donated items at the moment. We are finalizing the time lines as we speak.

I've drawn the short straw so be gentleblue_confused.gif . Pete is doing the recording and debt collectionlaugh.gif .

Helpers are always welcome Bri. Thank you we'll keep you busy.wink.gif

Vince and the North East Kite Fliers

I would like to thankyou in advance for your work in organising this get together

there must be a lot to do and for no pay

cept seeing all us rev dudes invade ya space for some fun times and memories

look forward to seeing you all

Vince and the North East Kite Fliers

I would like to thankyou in advance for your work in organising this get together

there must be a lot to do and for no pay

cept seeing all us rev dudes invade ya space for some fun times and memories

look forward to seeing you all

The thanks is to you and the rest of the fliers for coming North. For us its a privledge and a pleasure. We will all share the memories and stories I'm surewink.gif

Hi Vince, looking forward to weekend flyin

have a few items for the auction. one item which is of sentimental value but now deserves a better life with a new owner.....

CU Saturday

paul

Thank you Paul. The auction is for a very good cause and I'm sure it will find a good home. Role on the weekend smile.gif

Haha,QUIZ

Weve got Kev in our team.He knows EVERYTHING.

Apart from

What does the ,C, stand for in the Football team

A.C MILAN

BRIAN...ps,we all know shut up a ya face stopped Ultravox s Vienna from reaching number one,,,,,laugh.gif

Hahaha quiz teams picked on the night (all about making NEW friends Bri)

clap2.gif

I was hoping for a few more kite celebs from the wider rev family to offer one or two questions (non participants of course). There is still time.sign_please.gif

We are proposing to pay the proceeds of the auction to:

"DEC Haiti Earthquake appeal "

If anyone has suggestions of other charities helping the Haiti disaster let us know.

The accounts will be posted.

Any donations for refreshments etc will be donated to:

"The Friends of Herrington Park"

Again accounts will be posted.

rev_clockwork.gif

Haha,QUIZ

Weve got Kev in our team.He knows EVERYTHING.

Apart from

What does the ,C, stand for in the Football team

A.C MILAN

BRIAN...ps,we all know shut up a ya face stopped Ultravox s Vienna from reaching number one,,,,,laugh.gif

Ah but we have Stephen AND Bob lol

Ah but we have Stephen AND Bob lol

Ahem wub.gif

I am Quiz Queen laugh.gif

Have led my team to victory on the company's Quiz Nights... mainly by being in charge of pen & paper and demanding answers out of my bickering colleagues!!! Don't expect this weekend to be any different!

Hezz

(competitive, MOI?)

• Like 1

The Sun could have his hat on over the weekend.The BEEBs forcast this morning,i would take for sure.

Cold with sunny stuff and a nice wind.....basically.

Anyone know what the ,C, stands for in A.C.MILAN yet......Simon my freind,your for once.Incorrect.Its a tuffie though.

BRIAN...ps,A.A.MILNE ,,,,,Winnie The Pooh,is another we all know Vincekid_content.gif

Not long now

I was on site today. The ground is wet underfoot but should be okay. weather was changable and the wind strong but I had a great day testing all the different fields in the park. They were all good. smile.gif

I met with the warden and popped into the hotel. Everything is ready this end we just need you.<grins>