UK Rev Flying Weekend North East England

Vince

Just been sorting the evening food and this is what is proposed. The food it will be based on a buffet style with various salads, cold meat, pates, a soup, a 2 hot main course (a chicken based and 1 beef based)and a hot vegetarian main course, then you will have a sweet buffet selection.

If anyone wants anything else please let me know and I will do my best. The most important is that is is good, plentiful and as Bri says has the horns removed etc.

A few ideas for activities/entertainment afterwards. Suggestions and contibutions will be welcome (you know who you are <grins>).

I hope you can make it Bob tongue.gif

Hi Vince,great job by you fellas btw.Numbers are looking v good.Just need some gales and storms and we are sorted ...blue_biggrin.gif

What about we have an Auction at the Meal or after it.

Donate the pot to Haiti.Doesnt have tobe Masterpieces and £100 notes.If everyone brings somthing kite related,STAKE BOB,HANDLES BAZZ,Lines,doesnt realy matter what it is.Ive Bid & bought alsorts over the years from kite Auctions.Everyone has somthing they dont use anymore i bet.

Would be a good laugh also.

BRIAN...

• Like 1

Hi Bri,

Thank you we aim to please

What a brilliant idea mate. I will run the auction past the hotel and the others with all proceeds going to Haiti - I can't see it being a problem.

Edited by Vince

I have just spoken to the hotel staff and they have said it won't be a problem. So yes we will be having an auction on Saturday 13th February. All funds raised will go towards the Haiti disaster fund. all donations for the auction will be very welcome.

Thank you again Bri

Edited by Vince

Kewl Vince.

All we need now is a room with Beer,a couple of dozen rev pilots.An Auctioneer and some kit to auction.,it should be a great laugh.Hope everyone will help with some auction donations.Anything will do that will raise a couple of quid.Last thing i bought at a kite auction was a bag of MILK TEETH[Toffee/sweets].They cost me £22 to buy and i think Kev ate um....lol.I also bought a Cabbage in the same auction,,,yeh,a cabbage.....lol.Along with some crabline that stunk my car out and a parrot.

The Red Cross and Unicef [and others]im sure will need every penny they can get to help.

Wada ya think People,,,,,,I Think We Can Help Make a Small Diffrence

,I would be Happy to help with the Auction if you want Vince,but you fellas on Home ground would probably be best to organise it,its your show my freinds . I certainly have a few items to throw in.

.All We need is a man to keep a record of the items and sales.A stunning sexy assistant or two and jobs a goodn.

BRIAN...

The Flying Squad will be happy to supply a few things, we certainly have some pins and i will have a scratch around to see if i can find something else.

Looking forward to the whole thing.

S

There is a pin, that many years ago, achieved a certain notoriety.

Strangely, I ended up being the caretaker of this historic item.

I do not think that this will be the occasion for it to be put back into circulation but I am sure that we will be able to find an alternative...

Felix

Kewl Vince.

All we need now is a room with Beer,a couple of dozen rev pilots.An Auctioneer and some kit to auction.,it should be a great laugh.Hope everyone will help with some auction donations.Anything will do that will raise a couple of quid.Last thing i bought at a kite auction was a bag of MILK TEETH[Toffee/sweets].They cost me £22 to buy and i think Kev ate um....lol.I also bought a Cabbage in the same auction,,,yeh,a cabbage.....lol.Along with some crabline that stunk my car out and a parrot.

The Red Cross and Unicef [and others]im sure will need every penny they can get to help.

Wada ya think People,,,,,,I Think We Can Help Make a Small Diffrence

,I would be Happy to help with the Auction if you want Vince,but you fellas on Home ground would probably be best to organise it,its your show my freinds . I certainly have a few items to throw in.

.All We need is a man to keep a record of the items and sales.A stunning sexy assistant or two and jobs a goodn.

BRIAN...

That's great Bri. We will either hold it in the restaurant or conference room of the hotel.

As I recall you donated the sweets to all at the auction bidders (we all enjoyed your generosity mate) but I'm pleased I missed the crab line and cabbage. <grins>

The Flying Squad will be happy to supply a few things, we certainly have some pins and i will have a scratch around to see if i can find something else.

Looking forward to the whole thing.

S

Thank you Stephen thats excellent - I'm looking forward to this too - well the flying at leastwacko.gif

There is a pin, that many years ago, achieved a certain notoriety.

Strangely, I ended up being the caretaker of this historic item.

I do not think that this will be the occasion for it to be put back into circulation but I am sure that we will be able to find an alternative...

Felix

Felix that will be greatly appreciated. It will all go to the Haiti appeal

Great idea.

I'll bring a couple of things with me for the auction.

Pete I'm sure we will have a lot of interest.

We have also had a very generous donation of several items from Tony and Marie at Go kites. This cause is very close to them as they have Haitian friends.

Pauline Taylor from infinite arts and organiser of Washington friendship festival UK has pledged support as has Keith Griffiths from stack UK

Thank you all for your donations and pledges. Please keep them coming it's for a very good cause.

Baz, thank you for you pledge it is appreciated.

I've also been donated some stange non kite items for the auction - I'm sure I'll find a good honest Wigan lad with a few mates to buy them(its not cabbage and crab line before you ask)blue_biggrin.gif

Easy

Pork Pies they are,big uns.

BRIAN...

We could never get them to last until the evening Bri

Hi Vince,

Happily I located the pin that I had in mind, not the 'Safety Pin'!

There may be something else as well.

Felix

I wonder how much a safety pin would sell for. Love it Felix, keep them guessing........

I wonder how much a safety pin would sell for. Love it Felix, keep them guessing........

Here are images of the pins. The Decorators one for the auction was produced in 1993 and depicts the then current JMH Rev1 Sail in the centre with Tim Benson Swallowtail kites to the left and Zbysh Flash Angel kites (I think) to the right. post-1810-126468534058_thumb.jpg

The Safety Pin which will not be in the auction was last bought for 100 GB Pounds in aid of the Bristol event many years ago... post-1810-126468535318_thumb.jpg

Felix

Here are images of the pins. The Decorators one for the auction was produced in 1993 and depicts the then current JMH Rev1 Sail in the centre with Tim Benson Swallowtail kites to the left and Zbysh Flash Angel kites (I think) to the right. post-1810-126468534058_thumb.jpg

The Safety Pin which will not be in the auction was last bought for 100 GB Pounds in aid of the Bristol event many years ago... post-1810-126468535318_thumb.jpg

Felix

Thats a smart pin Felix. the JMH designs are always excellent.

Thank you for sharing the picture of the Safety Pin. I have a few RLSS pins which I aquired when I was younger (Medallion, Cross Merit and Distinction). I have never seen a Safety Pin before - you bought well and for a very worth cause. I hope to get to the Bristol event soon.

Edited by Vince

We met with the grounds staff yesterday to discuss parking details etc. We will be able to park on the paths that criss cross the field(as long as we avoid the grass). We will be on site from 9am each day and we will have a couple of drivers to guide you to the site as well as maps etc.

We can rope of any area we need so we can decide on the day on what will be the best option dependant on wind direction.

Refreshments and local dishes will be available as well as a warm area for those who need it.( I'm not mentioning the Southerners or making any reference to them but if they need ittongue.gif )

I will post the evening buffet/meal time and auction time after my meeting with the hotel.

Any questions just drop me a pm.

How many Geddups Brismile.gif

<snip>

Thank you for sharing the picture of the Safety Pin. I have a few RLSS pins which I aquired when I was younger (Medallion, Cross Merit and Distinction). I have never seen a Safety Pin before - you bought well and for a very worth cause. I hope to get to the Bristol event soon.

The Safety Pin was auctioned a few times, as I recall, at the Bristol event. The last time a consortium of about ten people bid it up to £100 and somehow I ended up holding it. I think Paul Jobin and Viv Walters were involved as well as The Decs. From memory it was Paul who used the phrase 'safety meeting' to refer to a small group of kite fliers having a smoke, usually at a discrete location just off the kite field.

Of course, most of us gave up smoking some years ago... <grins>

Felix

Edited by Felix Mottram

The Safety Pin was auctioned a few times, as I recall, at the Bristol event. The last time a consortium of about ten people bid it up to £100 and somehow I ended up holding it. I think Paul Jobin and Viv Walters were involved as well as The Decs. From memory it was Paul who used the phrase 'safety meeting' to refer to a small group of kite fliers having a smoke, usually at a discrete location just off the kite field.

Of course, most of us gave up smoking some years ago... <grins>

Felix

Interesting story Felix. Thank you. Perhaps a new non smoking version may be in order ..a little older and a bit more worn. A new phrase to mean a group of fliers(suggestions please) visiting the tea tent, again at a discrete location just off the kite field. Now there is an ideasmile.gif

Interesting story Felix. Thank you. Perhaps a new non smoking version may be in order ..a little older and a bit more worn. A new phrase to mean a group of fliers(suggestions please) visiting the tea tent, again at a discrete location just off the kite field. Now there is an idea

One of the issues with Grid flying is persuading all the fliers to congregate and get on with the 'serious flying' as opposed to drinking tea/whatever.

Obviously at a formal festival it is extremely important to get the fliers in the air quickly, do some moves, land the kites and clear the field.

The inverse safety meeting may have a place here. The signal is to focus on the project for the required time with the understanding that folk are free to drift off afterwards and do their own thing, in a hazy way, if that suits them. <grins>

For the duration of the 'grid flying' all the participants should understand their commitment and their valued contribution... Concentration is required! I hope that fliers will subscribe to this notion at the NE event. It worked very well at Ainsdale in a 'completely' spontaneous way. <grins again>

Felix

For the duration of the 'grid flying' all the participants should understand their commitment and their valued contribution... Concentration is required! I hope that fliers will subscribe to this notion at the NE event. It worked very well at Ainsdale in a 'completely' spontaneous way. <grins again>

Felix

Tea drinking aside (it's probably a very bad comparison and my poor attempt at humour). I'm sure they will subscribe. Everyone is totally committed this end. Ainsdale was a great event.blue_biggrin.gif and an inspiration.

Tea drinking aside (it's probably a very bad comparison and my poor attempt at humour). I'm sure they will subscribe. Everyone is totally committed this end. Ainsdale was a great event.blue_biggrin.gif and an inspiration.

Hey, don't worry about tea drinking... not a problem, the key thing is 'lightness of touch'. We do not need an authoritarian model. If everyone is totally committed 'jobs a good un'.

<grins>

Felix