Kite Party 8

kiteking

This was my first trip to KP and I can definitely say it won't be the last.

Woow what a great time.

Thank you Dave and everyone involved in making this happen.

Great to see some old faces and lots and lots of new ones.

I think its true to say that we all showed what it is to fly kites.

No matter how many lines were involved.

Its more than a sport or a pastime, its an everyday state of being that I wish more would understand.

It allows everything .

Whether you are flying in large groups with your pals or maybe trying to achieve 6mins of perfection or that maneuver that was impossible last week and now is so yesterday.

For all who flew, taught or even just walked around with a big smile on your face ...good job.

So Here's to the next one. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Oh and the weather wasn't to bad either .........LOL.

Personally I would like slightly whiter sand next year please and maybe a few more palm trees.

Bazzer

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello All-

I just had to pop in for a moment. Just got home a little while ago. I am still running on all the energy from the past few days. What a blast!!!! The weather was perfect and all the flying and happy pilots was even more perfect!!!

Thank you, Dave for a great time. Awesome job in the mic!

It was great putting faces to more of our friends here on the forum. You guys rocked it out there!

I took quite a few photos and I'll definitely share more memories after a few zzzzzzzzzzzzzz's.

For now, good night and thanks for some great memories!

Hi Bazzer-

Boy, did you hit the nail on the head with everything you said!!! Great seeing you, baby!!

Hey look, someone is trying to sell our kites' images from this weekend for stock photography!

http://www.shutterpoint.com/Photos-ViewPhoto.cfm?id=791834

I don't believe there is anything you can do about it. The photos where not made on private property amongst other points.

There is a good lawyer up in Oregon that specializes on such things. If you are interested, I can look him up and send his URL.

I don't believe there is anything you can do about it. The photos where not made on private property amongst other points.

There is a good lawyer up in Oregon that specializes on such things. If you are interested, I can look him up and send his URL.

No, I didn't mean to imply that. Just found it sort of cool, actually.

Scotty and Rich...check out this blog post:

http://carolyn1209.b...y-kites-at.html

Thanks Jeff,

It was fishing for photographers, There's one,

The ball from that angle must look really cool to the average photog. out for a walk on the pier.

WHAT A GREAT EVENT!!

Great to see and meet new fiends.

That's so cool! :clap;

Found some photos today. Check out the huge rainbow stack! Who does that belong to?

http://www.flickr.co...57623629645246/

That stack belong's to Kent from A Wind Of Change, Las Vegas. They flew as good as they looked, everyone was giving them a try.

One of the great things about KP is the availability of OPK'S from vendors and attendees alike.

Party does not even do this event justice!

Dave Shenkman KNOWS how to throw a party!

Start to finish it was awesome.

One of the main highlights for me took place and it occurred when I wasn't even flying. That being the mass ascension done in honor of Ben Lummas. 45 or so minutes of pure joy and elation for the public to fly on the main field that lit up the sky with color and the faces of the Lummas family and all involved.

Oh yeah.....the flying all weekend was pretty good too! 70, Sunny, clear blue skies and some kicking wind! Not too shabby at all!!!!!!!!

Awesome blog shots....Way cool!!!!!!!!!

Edited by quaa714

Awesome pics and vids (so far)! I can't wait 'till next year when I WILL be there.

I figured I'd just stay in Ohio to watch the snow melt and the rain to come through the roof. hehe! (fixed now)

MEGA fly on 75' lines - had to be such a rush!

Rev Riders - sweet flying as usual and hope the weather left your homes safe.

180GO!/ IKE crew - looking forward to flying with you next month at the Airwaves fest.

team iQuad - all of your commitment really shines through!

Nice job to all the rest of the flyers, voluteers, and the main man Dave!

FYI... if any one's in the neighborhood....... indoor fly at the Unites States Air Force Museum, Dayton, Ohio this Saturday (right beside the B-52).

Rev UP!

David

Yup, the stack is mine. I contacted Lolly about 4-5 years ago and said I wanted to put together a stack of Rev's and didn't know what colors were available. I wanted an 8 stack (or more) of 1.5's and was going to pick her brains on just how to lay them out. She said she had an idea for a stack but wasn't sure how it would look. Before even hearing the idea, I told her to go ahead and lay it out, see what she thought of it and if it looked good to her - go ahead and do it. It was like a birthday or Christmas present when it arrived which was way cool! The stack looks awesome and has only been flown a dozen or so times over the years and Friday at KP was the perfect venue to break it out again. Ironically, that was the first time Lolly had seen it up in the air which was cool. It takes a bit to set up all 8 kites with train lines and the different strength rods and all but once it is set up it looks and flies great! Everyone had a great time flying it. Between the 8 stack and the Thor's Hammer this last weekend my arms are a little stiff right now! LOL

Can't wait for next year.

Hi Guys-

Here's a few... including the stack. Carolyn, it pulls a ton!! .... and the way it's set up and flown, there's little, if no brake at all! YIKES is all I can say; when you're used to those brakes! lol, BUT, for a moment, it's a lot of fun- until you're arms become 6" longer in a moment's time!

post-2058-126897220312_thumb.jpg Kent's beautiful Rainbow stack....

post-2058-126897222323_thumb.jpg Look close. Alex is hanging off the handles as Kent is flying his stack; very cool indeed!!!

post-2058-126897257906_thumb.jpg hmmmmmmm....confused_1.gif Steve and Bazzer are flying what????? confused_1.gif

post-2058-126897286475_thumb.jpg Lolly flying Kent's stack. He was right there just in case she needed a "quick assist", but she did great!!

post-2058-126897331111_thumb.jpg My newest little friend, and boy is she a cutie! ... hi Alex...2.gif

post-2058-126897354792_thumb.jpg Mike Kory, me, Jeff, (I think) and Rich planted up against the railing of the Huntington Pier. Check out my lines as I shot the photo!!! lol

post-2058-126897283609_thumb.jpg OHHHHHHHHHHH... got it.... now I see what Steve and Bazzer were flying sign_kitelife.gif !

Here's just a couple shots of iQuad and as the day ended on Saturday. I'll post more- soon.

post-2058-126897542815_thumb.jpg iQuad in action..

post-2058-126897540667_thumb.jpg a close up of iQuad "rocking it"

post-2058-126897508008_thumb.jpg The sun starting to set on all of the amazing kite action..... what a glow!

post-2058-12689755108_thumb.jpg .... a very pretty Kite Party sunset.

post-2058-12689757211_thumb.jpg .... I zoomed in here, on the crop. Who are these guys? I'm thinking Jeff, on the right. It looks like an IKE T-shirt....

Great Shots, Laura! I especially like the fact that you had gotten pics of Lolly!!! :clap; The shot of your Shook Rev is particually cool as well!!! That stack would probably take me right off the ground! LOL

I know everyone has seen the first link, but did you see the other Kite Party posts by this same blogger?!

http://carolyn1209.blogspot.com/2010/03/thats-my-world-tuesday-kites-at.html

http://carolyn1209.blogspot.com/2010/03/ruby-tuesday-andmore-kites-from.html

http://carolyn1209.blogspot.com/2010/03/watery-wednesday-outdoor-wednesday.html

http://carolyn1209.blogspot.com/2010/03/abc-wednesday-i.html

post-2058-126897354792_thumb.jpg Mike Kory, me, Jeff, (I think) and Rich planted up against the railing of the Huntington Pier. Check out my lines as I shot the photo!!! lol

Yeah, mine is the faded one. Mike's is bright and new. :P

Did the shot with the shadows turn out good?

Edited by Jeff