Pinned topics

KiteLife

Hey folks, we have a large number of pinned topics in each category now, nearly all pinned for very good reasons... i.e. condensed and excellent discussions on line winding, team flying, water flying, frames, kite selection, etc... Ben asked me the other day about moving them all to their own section, so we can "clear out" the existing topics while keeping all these SUPERB threads available for future browsing.

The only idea I had was to make a new category called "Reference Topics" or something similar, making matching sub-categories under that one, and moving the pinned topics into these new, secondary categories.

Anyone have suggestions, complaints?

If you mirror the subcategories that should work and still be organized... I also like the green button in the lower right corner.. not sure exactly how it will help but ounds like it is designed to help shorten searches by raising the cream to the top....

Hey folks, we have a large number of pinned topics in each category now, nearly all pinned for very good reasons... i.e. condensed and excellent discussions on line winding, team flying, water flying, frames, kite selection, etc... Ben asked me the other day about moving them all to their own section, so we can "clear out" the existing topics while keeping all these SUPERB threads available for future browsing.

The only idea I had was to make a new category called "Reference Topics" or something similar, making matching sub-categories under that one, and moving the pinned topics into these new, secondary categories.

"Knowledge Base" ... with some sub-categories would be a good move.

Cheers,

Tom

We're talking about a Rev Wiki now.....!! :kid_smartass:

Ha, just did that before I read this. :)

Trick is, I can't quite turn all the pinned topics into a Wiki...

The information is SO varied and spread out through each topic, it's not practical to summarize.

So, mirrored topics in a separate section may be the best way to go, as a somewhat unstructured Wiki.

• Like 1