International Register of 'Revolution' Team Fliers

Felix

I understand the concern about hurting people's feelings when they are told they do not have the skills for a mega-fly, but seriously that is not much of a reason and you can't do this if you are going to worry about hurting feelings.

The world isn't fair. That's life. Get over it.

Bart

We tend to not be that concerned about hurting feelings around here, ....if they dont want to play properly....

• Like 2

Its easy to answer the question from earlier about none registered partys wanting to fly or join in.Without upsetting anyone.

THEY CANT,until registered

If anyone can just turn up and fly,,,,why register.

The Insurance must be easier to impliment if required,as all the participents are all registered at said event and of a certain abaility,because they belong to the membership or club.Again,theyve passed ther Test and can be vouched for,named,rtraced,or whatever.Rather than unknown abilitys being involved that arent registered,its an event organisers dream realy.When it come to liability.

Ther has tobe some catch net ,though,so that people can get whats required to become involved.join,pass test..

Perhaps a Membership[dare i say it]with Insurance should be considered.Why not have a Rev or quad insurance designed for the purpose and used for which its designed.

Makes sense to me.

LUV THE VID BRUCE,,,,Gets my vote of video fo 2010 so far...lol

BRIAN...

Its easy to answer the question from earlier about none registered partys wanting to fly or join in.Without upsetting anyone.

THEY CANT,until registered

<snip>

BRIAN...

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your messages.

Somehow we need to get to know that fliers who want to join in 'fully' understand what it is all about. It is fine to 'fly in' on a casual basis at a local event. That is how most of us start flying together anyway. We gain confidence and skill without mishaps being a big deal. The Ainsdale event was a perfect example of this in action.

A registration process, (for the next level up), as I understand it, would ask the flier to confirm that they know what is expected of them and they have 'the necessary flying skills' to join in a formal 'Mega Fly'. Anyone misrepresenting themselves would be 'up for the Darwin award' very quickly, in my book.

The 'insurance' thing is slightly more complicated but my understanding is that individuals cannot 'pass off' their responsibilities to a higher authority. I am certainly not volunteering to be a representative of a higher authority either...

Felix

• 1 month later...

At this point, I think pilot registration is fairly moot... Seems to me those organizing will take care of filtration before and during.

In assembling the mega fly plan for WSIKF, I'm just using a spreadsheet to gather names, email addresses and to assign columns (teams) beforehand so I'll already have 80% of the group squared away before we even hit the field.

Prior to the event, I'll be emailing some basic literature... Core grid concepts and diagrams, suggested equipment, field conduct and schedule.

At this point, I think all IROR energies would be best spent purely on further defining, ultimately publishing guidelines and standards for all to use.

At this point, I think pilot registration is fairly moot... Seems to me those organizing will take care of filtration before and during.

In assembling the mega fly plan for WSIKF, I'm just using a spreadsheet to gather names, email addresses and to assign columns (teams) beforehand so I'll already have 80% of the group squared away before we even hit the field.

Prior to the event, I'll be emailing some basic literature... Core grid concepts and diagrams, suggested equipment, field conduct and schedule.

At this point, I think all IROR energies would be best spent purely on further defining, ultimately publishing guidelines and standards for all to use.

Everyone 'in the know' is effectively on board and knows what is expected of them?

I have no problem with that <grins>

<<<Core grid concepts and diagrams, suggested equipment, field conduct and schedule>>>

Maybe there could be a discussion about some of the issues ahead of the event?

Felix

• 3 weeks later...

After the trauma of booking flights to WSIKF 2010 and persuading others in the team to do likewise every other concern fades into insignificance. <grins>

Now we just need to get hold of some radio headsets...

Felix

IROR?

After the trauma of booking flights to WSIKF 2010 and persuading others in the team to do likewise every other concern fades into insignificance. <grins>

Now we just need to get hold of some radio headsets...

Felix

IROR?

Felix, et. al.

It was suggested previously that we Yanks put together a pool of FRS/GMRS radios for our foreign visitors. This should be fairly easy, since these radios are usually sold in pairs - and for many families only one would be required for the Mega-fly - unless two family members were flying.

This is important, since few other countries use compatible equipment. Canada and Mexico are compatible. Great Britain (all Europe), Australia, China, Japan, and most other countries have their own standards. [information extracted from Wikipedia - errors possible in the source :kid_brooding: or my interpretation :kid_cussing:]

As for headsets, I suggest a pool of these also, since different manufacturers and models have different headset standards. Many models come with, or have options for, ear-bud style headsets. Finding more physically secure headsets or headphones that are compatible can be a challenge. I have previously posted a link to a single ear, over-the-ear, headphone (no microphone) that is apparently compatible with all the Motorola "Talkabouts" (which have a single headset jack using the sub-miniature "stereo" jack, 2.5 mm.) Some radio brands have dual plugs (2.5 mm for mic, 3.5 mm for earphones.) My old Cobra with this configuration is compatible with any MP3 player earphones. :blue-music: Any radio in the sharing pool should be equipped with a compatible over-the-ear headset or headphone.

I suggest a new topic discussing a radio equipment pool and compatible models of radios and headsets. :big_band:

Anyone driving might also consider bringing a boombox with audio input... If we get a batch of fliers who don't have radios, we could run a walkie line into the boombox for an area of the fliers.

Just an idea, since we won't have a sound system at our end of the beach.

Anyone driving might also consider bringing a boombox with audio input... If we get a batch of fliers who don't have radios, we could run a walkie line into the boombox for an area of the fliers.

Just an idea, since we won't have a sound system at our end of the beach.

Hi John-

As you know, when the head set is not attached to the radio, you can hear from it. Would you know if certain brands (of radios) are louder than others? This could also be useful for those without; if they're loud enough, of course. wink.gif