Award: Most helpful forum member in 2009?

KiteLife

Hi folks, I'm now opening up nominations for the MOST HELPFUL FORUM MEMBER in 2009.

I'll have nominations open until the 1st, then I'll take the top five most common nominations and place them up for voting in a poll here.

Even if someone else has already nominated a member, feel free to "second" or "third" that nomination.

Rules:

1. There are none, just be honest and look at the big picture in terms of forum activity, across many posts.

Let the fun begin!

==

Nominees thus far:

- John Mitchell

- Watty aka Spencer Watson

- REVFlyer aka Paul LaMasters

- Felix Mottram

- Love2fly aka Laura Berg

- awindofchange aka Kent Kingston

Hi folks, I'm now opening up nominations for the MOST HELPFUL FORUM MEMBER in 2009.

I'll have nominations open until the 1st, then I'll take the top five most common nominations and place them up for voting in a poll here.

Even if someone else has already nominated a member, feel free to "second" or "third" that nomination.

Rules:

1. There are none, just be honest and look at the big picture, across many posts.

Let the fun begin!

I have two nominations...... if that is ok..

1. The almighty John Barresi (Highest number of posts; a very fair admin; Knows a ton about most if not all areas of Revolution Kites)

2. The also almighty John Mitchell (Very knowledgeable in most if not all areas of Revolution Kites especially the History)

I third the first two - JB and JM.

Both are professionals and very knowledgable in our beloved hobby.

But I will second Watty and say that as young as he is, his tutorials and helpful advice on how to fly, in the big picture have been the most help to the most people.

Nominees thus far:

- John Barresi (nominated by Watty and Dean 750)

- John Mitchell (nominated by Watty and Dean 750)

- Watty (nominated by Baloo and Dean 750)

I would like to point out that Baloo also placed a nomination for JB and JM

I would second the above.

Also adding Watty, for his helpful advice and videos.

While I appreciate the nods, I'm going to remove myself from the nominations for this particular award...

Kites are my life, and it's sort of my JOB to be here and help. :)

I'd like to see some of the other folks who put in tons of time helping out around here, mostly with regard to KITE help.

Don't forget my videos though, got some other awards coming up under the video section of this forum!

While neither of them post here as often as others, their on field support is above and beyond, therefore I'd throw two names into the mix.

Scott Weider for what he does on the field as a quiet guiding light which often translates into new fliers coming here and seeking more info.

Paul LeMasters as well for his on field guidance, etc. but also because while he only posts here irregularly, his posts always hit the target on the head.

I'm also in agreement with the nomination of Watty. His knowledge and abilities and constant efforts to video guide others is outstanding despite the fact that he's only in high school!!! %#$%%^$&.

Oh yeah....Lets throw Benny's name in there too. Curmudgeonly Bast**d that he is!!!!!! (much love brotha!!!!). HE KEEPS IT REAL!!!!!

I always reread anything written by REVflyer. He has unknowingly influenced the configuration of several of my Rev purchases. I read he is coming to TI this year so I was planning on saying thanks there but this is a good way too.kid_smartass.gif

I tried to edit the bold out 5 times.... I give up.

I tried to edit the bold out 5 times.... I give up.

I fixed it.

Trick for removing formatting, go to "full editor", highlight the problem text, then clcik the "double A" icon with the red minus symbol in it, upper left corner of the formatting tools.

That removes all formatting from the highlighted content. ;)

Nominees updated!

Way to go JB. wub.gif My feelings on awards and you being in the mix at this point are the same. Although, I can think of NO other person that has helped me more personally.

I'd like to nominate Felix and second RevFlyer.

Felix for personal reasons even though I've never personally met him, but RevFlyer because he is the MOST active in advice to anyone on anything that I've seen on this forum since I've been on here.

Dean

Way to go JB. wub.gif My feelings on awards and you being in the mix at this point are the same. Although, I can think of NO other person that has helped me more personally.

I'd like to nominate Felix and second RevFlyer.

Felix for personal reasons even though I've never personally met him, but RevFlyer because he is the MOST active in advice to anyone on anything that I've seen on this forum since I've been on here.

Dean

I second the nomination of Felix. Felix started teaching me all about REVs back in the early nineties and I am still, almost 20 years later, learning from him.

Paul Lemasters fo sure!!! Online and off he's full of useful information and always willing to share. Plus he has an easy way of explaining things. :ani_punk:

I need to put mention in for Antman as well. On the field he's always there helping people stay off the ground. He's helped me get my brain unstuck many a time.

Edited by Aerochic