Collectable value?

HedgeWarden

An eBay auction offering brought this question to my mind.

An "Original Revolution II Quad Line Stunt Kite"

It is a rather unattractive solid blue color, and supposedly in good condition. It is not advertised as a collectible, but the asking price seems a bit high at 75% the cost of a new "improved" Rev II.

Any comments?

An eBay auction offering brought this question to my mind.

An "Original Revolution II Quad Line Stunt Kite"

It is a rather unattractive solid blue color, and supposedly in good condition. It is not advertised as a collectible, but the asking price seems a bit high at 75% the cost of a new "improved" Rev II.

Any comments?

I have seen it too

It looks like one of the 1st RevII...

I own a old Rev1.

Kite is in crispy condition, no damage, no repairs, all original.(with the metal ferrules, and metal line connectors for the top-lines)

I would like to sell it, who can tell me what i could ask for it ?

see pics:

Foto-GDM4FERH.jpg

Foto-J8VVILNI.jpg

Foto-SOBH8IT6.jpg

I guess this one could be a collectors item too.

Edited by Madquad

I own a old Rev1.

Kite is in crispy condition, no damage, no repairs, all original.(with the metal ferrules, and metal line connectors for the top-lines)

I would like to sell it, who can tell me what i could ask for it ?

see pics:

photos snipped

I guess this one could be a collectors item too.

That particular REV I would have been made between 1989 and 1991. It can be considered as a collector item, particularly when in mint condition.

Collector pricing? I don't have a clue.

Below is a clip from then Revolution History Article which is planned to accompany each Historical Revolution delivered. The Historical Revolution can be ordered from most Revolution Kite dealers or directly from Revolution.

post-41-1261177854_thumb.png

• Like 1

One very similar to this but green (click here) is what got me started and, more recently, addicted to quad line flying. It's all original and still going strong!

It's not and never will be for sale but I'd be surprised, but interested to know, if it's worth anything extra because of it's vintage.

Flitting back to Howard's first post.

Did you bid for it Howard. I had a look, there was a Yellow one this side of the pond. I put what I thought was a sensible bid on it.

It went for £80, I was not willing to go that high. Much as I love the solid colour Rev 2's.

Baloo,

I contacted the seller, and he adjusted the auction to allow "make an offer". However, my offer was not high enough. He has relisted with the "buy it now price" $125 that was his best offer to me.

However, I would rather expand my stable toward a Rev I, right now. Rather save my money a bit than get sidetracked. If I could get a bargain, I'd get it to experience a different Rev. But, I'm not will to pay what is probably a fair price at this time.

I think the seller is a consignment shop, and may have a commitment to his client.

In the meantime, I'm dreaming of a "Rising Phoenix" 1.5, a Zen, or a Lee Sedgwick Rev 1. :w00t::w00t:

I am dreaming of a Zen or Gren Ninja Eyes.

Afraid I already have a Solid and Vented Sedgwick, oh and a Hot rainbow, like a Sedgwick just has no signature on it. Wouldnt be without them in my bag. Especially like flying them on 50ft lines.

One thing with a Rev 2, if you get one. You will think your 1.5 is slow when you go back to it.

Highly reccomend the Sedgwick though. Flies better than a standard Rev 1 in my opinion.

I am dreaming of a Zen or Gren Ninja Eyes.

Afraid I already have a Solid and Vented Sedgwick, oh and a Hot rainbow, like a Sedgwick just has no signature on it. Wouldnt be without them in my bag. Especially like flying them on 50ft lines.

One thing with a Rev 2, if you get one. You will think your 1.5 is slow when you go back to it.

Highly reccomend the Sedgwick though. Flies better than a standard Rev 1 in my opinion.

Love the Ninja Eyes (doesn't everyone) and the Zen is very appealing.

But I'm heavily leaning toward the Sedgwick, on a fun/$ criteria. Thanks for the input - that probably tips it, Baloo.

BTW, the blue Rev II on eBay has been re-listed again - down from $150 to $115, almost down to my offer. However, I think the seller missed my weak point in time. Might be a good buy for someone who wants to dabble in original Rev designs.

I might have been tempted at that price, could still be a bit lower though, trouble is adding in shipping and stuff.

I HIGHLY reccomend the Sedgwick. I will often fly it when all around are flying 1.5's, if only to be different :-)

Edited by Baloo
  • Like 1

Final status update:

After a number of 3 day auctions expired with no luck, the seller finally priced the blue Rev II at my original offer. Although I thought I had changed my mind from the vintage Rev II to a new Rev I, I weakened ....

So I am now awaiting delivery at the final price $105 with shipping (down from $150 plus $10 shipping). :P :P

I'm semi-excited, and semi-anxious. Probably will modify the bridle and lines to use larkshead knots rather than clips. I hope the fabrics, plastics, and rubbers etc have not aged too much.

Edited by HedgeWarden

Around the $100 mark would have been right for me too. As I said the postage would have messed the deal up for me.

I am fairly sure you will be OK with it. I have a couple of solid colour Rev 2's as I said. Both will be about the same age as this one. No problem with any of the fittings being worn out, the sails are pretty good still too.

You might want to trim the threads from the ends of the leading edge and apply a little heat from a lighter to seal them, I had to with mine.

Also consider getting a new bridle for it, at least as you said take the clips off and use a larkshead. All you will need to do is put some knots in the existing bridle when you take the clips off.

Best of luck with it. hope you enjoy it.