Ready for a forum upgrade now?

KiteLife

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am with you now JB.

it takes time for me to convert but after my hibernation, i am back.

nothing wrong with "change", it is a way of evolution.

knowing how much effort you put into the kitelife, and kiteworld in general,

and since you are the one doing it all (holding the space for us to hangout and what not)

you be the host.

i am sure you have the best interest of the big picture in sight, lead.

we voiced out our grumble just so you are not running too fast, and you heard us.

then you think it over and still sure about your proposal, that's enough for me to convert.

Love and gratitude.

Litsong

By all means change some stuff around and give the forums a fresh new look. The only thing I say is to keep it simple. I stopped looking at the kitelife forums a bit due to the fact that it was hard to read and find what I was looking for. I think for forums the best advise is the KISS solution (Keep It Simple Stupid).

Anyway my 2c worth.

John, when I get to the log in screen on RevKites I can put in my user name & password right on the main screen, click enter & I'm logged in to search for new items. On Kitelife I have to click sign in & wait for a new page to load so I can put in the user name & password. I prefer having the log in on the main forum screen.

Many months ago I had the two forums set up to log in automatically as soon as I loaded Firefox with tabs for all of the web pages I frequent. It seemed to me that if I left my PC on all day I didn't get all the new posts so I log out each time after reading the new posts. Waiting for Kitelife to get to the log in screen isn't stopping me from using the forum but it is a tad annoying. Is there a way to get the log in screen on the main forum page or is it the way you keep down the spam?

Either way, go with what works best for you & the other moderators to manage the forum. I believe all of the members on both forums come here for all the great information available on learning about our passion -- flying kites!

Thank you for the great forum. :P

As most of you know I hate changes but I have learned that in order to grow things must change so from my end John handle it

and I'll hate it B) , but once I wrap this old tired mind around it and with the help of all you out there I'll get it figured out..... Then

once it's all just a thing of the past it'll be like this old forum and I'll be able to figure it out or I'll just call, John,John, Monk, or

any of the others who make my day easier and cuss them out...... :blue-cool: On the plus side to be totally honest we as a collective

have out grown this forum and the set up of this and I'm here to tell you it's not going to get any smaller so for us to continue to

grow we got to make some changes... So even when I don't like change I understand it and if any of you have any issues with the

new forum call me direct at 619-750-8770 and we' ll get them worked out, so John be aware if we have problems you'll be getting

my call and we know how much you love my questions........ :confused!: :confused!: :confused!: Ben GF? :blue-cool:

Ah, 2 notes...

1. I'll likely be rolling out the upgrade sometime next week, I'll give roughly a full day's notice beforehand.

2. I'll be taking the forum offline for between 12-24 hours while the upgrades are underway.

Mainly, I just want to "sort out" all the little tweaks and customizations with help from the other admins and a couple of lucky "skeptics" before I hear about it from all of you.

That's said with love, of course. ;)

Once the upgrade is complete, I'll send out a bulk email via the forum to notify everyone that it's back online.

By all means change some stuff around and give the forums a fresh new look. The only thing I say is to keep it simple. I stopped looking at the kitelife forums a bit due to the fact that it was hard to read and find what I was looking for. I think for forums the best advise is the KISS solution (Keep It Simple Stupid).

My thoughts exactly. Keep It Simple, and hopefully find it easy to navigate quickly. I'm not thrilled about the change, but I do understand why it is necessary.