NEW REV JB 1.5 WING BAGS

REV4U

Question

hey REV heads.....

anybody out there have the NEW version of the REV JB1.5 bags???? seems they have them made in MEXICO now out of CORDURA material that is STIFF and not as SUPPLE as the PREVIOUS BAGS???? or is it just ME??? has anyone tried to CUSTOMIZE the bag with a SNAP????

18 answers to this question

Yes, I have two of them. I assume that you are talking about the Red bags, with the Revolution logo, printed on the side. I likewise do not like them. They are way too stiff. The pocket on the outside is absolutely useless. You can't put the handles in the pocket, nor can I put my flight lines, in there. What the heck is it for - cigarettes? Oh, and just try and close and open the top. It's nearly impossible, because the fabric is so stiff. At least the Rev is still a great kite...........

And, you asked if anyone had modified them, with a snap! Well, "BINGO" again...........that was the first thing that I did, after trying to insert the rev, and close the case. Oh, and if you can sew, while you are fixing the opening, may as well go ahead, and remove the useless mesh pouch, unless you smoke. I'll try to add photos............Reef Runner

post-2742-1260546713_thumb.jpgpost-2742-1260546735_thumb.jpgpost-2742-1260546750_thumb.jpg

Yes, I have two of them. I assume that you are talking about the Red bags, with the Revolution logo, printed on the side. I likewise do not like them. They are way too stiff. The pocket on the outside is absolutely useless. You can't put the handles in the pocket, nor can I put my flight lines, in there. What the heck is it for - cigarettes? Oh, and just try and close and open the top. It's nearly impossible, because the fabric is so stiff. And you are also right, the first thing I saw in the bag, was a tag that read "Made in Mexico". This is never a good sign.............come on REV, you can do better..................at least the Rev is still a great kite...........

And, you asked if anyone had modified them, with a snap! Well, "BINGO" again...........that was the first thing tht I did, after trying to insert the rev, and close the case. Oh, and if you can sew, while you are fixing the opening, may as well go ahead, and remove the useless mesh pouch, unless you smoke. I'll try to add photos............Reef Runner

post-2742-1260546713_thumb.jpgpost-2742-1260546735_thumb.jpgpost-2742-1260546750_thumb.jpg

Hey REEFRUNNER, U look like U sure got it going on there..... :blink: I use the litttle pocket on the side to hold PENS so that I can SIGN autographs from BEWILDERED CROWDS that have never seen a REV!!!! NOT!!! but it's a HANDY POCKET like U said for CIGS :blushing:

I only have one of them and all the rest of mine have the MORE SUPPLE MATERIAL.... B) so ONE out of 11 is not to bad, but I would like to see the softer material.... maybe it's a SAFETY THING so as the WING does NOT GET DAMAGED as with the softer MATERIAL??? any iQuad info about this???? what's the TEAMS VERDICT???? ;) GOOD PICTURES REEF~~~ :wub:

:wub:

hey REV heads.....

anybody out there have the NEW version of the REV JB1.5 bags???? seems they have them made in MEXICO now out of CORDURA material that is STIFF and not as SUPPLE as the PREVIOUS BAGS???? or is it just ME??? has anyone tried to CUSTOMIZE the bag with a SNAP????

Way too stiff. The should go back to the old bags. Nice soft flexible material.

:wub:

Way too stiff. The should go back to the old bags. Nice soft flexible material.

hey John, well we have found 3 of us out here.... do you think it's a safety factor???? for the wing???? I have never had any damage to my wings from the other bags, but it could happen..... :huh:

there MUST B an answer to why they would CHANGE to a HEAVIER MATERIAL, cause U would think it's gonna do NOTHING but ADD to the COST of the OVERALL manufacturing price????? not that I have an ISSUE with heavy material, it's just a BIT STIFF!!!! :wacko:

maybe it just needs some GOOD WORKING IN???? maybe a GOOD WASHING would break it in???? :blink:

hey John, well we have found 3 of us out here.... do you think it's a safety factor???? for the wing???? I have never had any damage to my wings from the other bags, but it could happen..... huh.gif

there MUST B an answer to why they would CHANGE to a HEAVIER MATERIAL, cause U would think it's gonna do NOTHING but ADD to the COST of the OVERALL manufacturing price????? not that I have an ISSUE with heavy material, it's just a BIT STIFF!!!! wacko.gif

maybe it just needs some GOOD WORKING IN???? maybe a GOOD WASHING would break it in???? blink.gif

I don't think that washing is going to help that bag. It'll just get over to the side of the agetator, and ride out the wash. It won't soak up water, because it's nylon, and it's waterproof. That stuff is tuff, and did I mention, stiff. But good luck with the washing............let us know how that goes........... Still, it's going to be a problem opening and closing the bag..............rr

hey John, well we have found 3 of us out here.... do you think it's a safety factor???? for the wing???? I have never had any damage to my wings from the other bags, but it could happen..... :huh:

there MUST B an answer to why they would CHANGE to a HEAVIER MATERIAL, cause U would think it's gonna do NOTHING but ADD to the COST of the OVERALL manufacturing price????? not that I have an ISSUE with heavy material, it's just a BIT STIFF!!!! :wacko:

maybe it just needs some GOOD WORKING IN???? maybe a GOOD WASHING would break it in???? :blink:

Tim, would you mind keeping your normal text fonts at the standard used by most everyone else and only using special text fonts to bringing out specific points.

Many Thanks

I don't think that washing is going to help that bag. It'll just get over to the side of the agetator, and ride out the wash. It won't soak up water, because it's nylon, and it's waterproof. That stuff is tuff, and did I mention, stiff. But good luck with the washing............let us know how that goes........... Still, it's going to be a problem opening and closing the bag..............rr

Reef Runner, would you please use the normal quote and unquote feature of this forum instead of using special text fonts to respond.

Many Thanks

Good topic, keep it going... But yes, please use reasonably-sized fonts that we can read easily. smile.gif

I've already gone through and edited all posts in this topic accordingly.

Thanks!

John, Thanks for getting in. I apologize for any mistakes, concerning the fonts. I didn't know any better, as I am new to the forum, and trying desparately to learn. I would however love to hear your take, on why Rev changed the bags. They are just too stiff. I just bought two B-series, I love them both, but I hate the bags, before I modified them, anyway. Lot's of people may not be able to modify their bags, and the old ones were just great...............so what's up with that........???

Reef Runner

No worries Reef, no harm intended, we know... Just keeping the forum tidy, carry on. ;)

As for the bags, to be frank, I didn't know about the change until I saw the new heavier bags at one of the recent events.

Personal taste, I suppose... I've always preferred lighter-weight bags with no pockets, but that's me. :)

No worries Reef, no harm intended, we know... Just keeping the forum tidy, carry on. ;)

As for the bags, to be frank, I didn't know about the change until I saw the new heavier bags at one of the recent events.

Personal taste, I suppose... I've always preferred lighter-weight bags with no pockets, but that's me. :)

Exactly, the kites slid into the old style bags, so nicely, but it's really tough to get them in these new bags, without the kite bunching up, if you understand what I mean. Anyway, you just know it didn't go in smoothly.........

I personally like the new bags, the printing on the outside is awesome and I would love to get some for the rest of my kites to make them easier to identify. The thicker material is great because it doesn't snag or rip easily. I do like the heavy fold over top because that keeps all the rods and such safely tucked inside of the kite with NO possibility of them accidentally sliding out after a very late night fly. I normally don't use the outside pockets much except to stuff my cell phone and papers and such - business cards are excellent in there. I have never used the outside pockets for lines or handles as they always get stuffed inside the main sleeve with the kite. Less chance of them getting tangled or falling out. As far as being made in Mexico - well, I don't see any quality issues at all and the sewing seems to be top notch. If the tag wasn't there you would never know it was being made outside the U.S. Surely not a quality issue at all, maybe its just that it is made in Mexico - not sure if that is a personal issue or not....its fine by me. :)

Different stokes I guess. But I think the new bags are excellent. I never did like the cheaper looking nylon stuff sleeves. They just look cheap to me and devalue how awesome the Revolution kite really is - and that draw string was useless. :) If you want to trade out some of your nice heavy duty bags for some of the old nylon stuff sack ones - you pay shipping and I will trade them out for you for free and we'll both be happy. lol

An iQuad input on the bags?

Honestly, I'm of no opinion, they don't bother me either way :D

I DO sit and wonder why the difference in fonts on the lettering but thats the graphic arts geek in me.

And I did enjoy the first one I saw which resulted in a chorus of "Johnny's got a brand new bag"

:big_band:

I tend to use my large rev bag for everything.

Bags have always been a problem and I'm never going to make everyone happy, it's a protection thing and the materials that are

available..... I'm with John I like the plain sleeve and thats all I want...... :blue-cool: We can always do what the customer want as

far as bags on orders..... The bags are made in Mexico and I've always said this, for me to create this bag state side would raise the

price of the kite by another $4.40 X over 2000 thousand kites means we at Revolution would need to put out another $8800.00

which could better be used for travel for myself of promo stuff rather than a carry bag...... I guess what I'm saying is you all have

some great ideas but at the end of the day we here need to spend very wise otherwise we will not be able to afford the things that

make this all work, travel, promos, good material, laser pro line, good grips on the handles, good steel for the handles, special

material that is shatter resistant used in the caps, these are the things that concern me the kites and all that is used in the building

of them those are what I really look at each day...... Ben :blue-cool: :blue-cool: :blue-cool:

hey guys, didn't mean to ANGER people with the CLASSIC "J.B. has got a NEW BAG" and the FONT ISSUE.... I'm a TOTAL CAVEMAN when it comes to FORUMS, I just did NOT realize the forum ROAD RULEZ..... I got it now....

I was just CURIOUS if anyone out there had FEELINGS about CHANGE....

Monkey has INSPIRED me with his RESPONCE and the I want to say thanks to all the RESPONSES....

in HONOR of BOTH JB's ..... I FEEL GOOD!!!! flying a REV!!!! like sugar and spice

and a MUST SEE.... PORTLAND OREGON..... one handed INVERTED HOVER??? oh John, UR the MAN!!! this is why REV has made a WING with his DESIGN & NAME ON IT!!!

I do like madquads idea..... just keep the REV in the air and U don't need the bag~~~ :blink: