Indoor Line Lengths

johnfarl

Question

I will be getting an Indoor Rev soon. I have been flying a REV 2 indoors on about 12 foot lines.

Typically fly on a basketball court. Also fly at WSIKF which is a grade school size court.

Would also mess around outside in the calm.

So what length lines should I setup?

I was thinking 15, 10 and something short. What is a practical short line length. With a big kite I want to be able axle.

I would appreciate any advice.

John

Edited by John F

4 answers to this question

I will be getting an Indoor Rev soon. I have been flying a REV 2 indoors on about 12 foot lines.

Typically fly on a basketball court. Also fly at WSIKF which is a grade school size court.

Would also mess around outside in the calm.

So what length lines should I setup?

I was thinking 15, 10 and something short. What is a practical short line length. With a big kite I want to be able axle.

I would appreciate any advice.

John

Lately, I have really been fond of my 20' set. They give loads of room, but if you don't have the space for something like that, I use 8' or 5', depending on what I want to do with it. If I'm doing lots of interaction with the kite (whip-lash, sweep, lots of tosses and catches) the 5' lines make all that much easier, you can literally reach out and grab the kite if you want to.

I would say just to try different things, and see what you like best.