Winter comes

Hammer_dk

Question

Hello

For most of us, in the north winter is coming now..! :blue_smile:

And although there is a global warming sometimes the temperature is perhaps less than -10 degrees C.

Is there something about the strength. on rods and sail . I should be aware of..?

(I'll hit the slopes this year and will of course have my rev with me)

Sincerely

Hammer_dk

9 answers to this question

Hello

And although there is a global warming sometimes the temperature is perhaps less than -10 degrees C.

Is there something about the strength. on rods and sail . I should be aware of..?

Sincerely

Hammer_dk

Normally, during the winter, I migrate indoors. But I have gone out and flown in a good 3-4 feet of snow. I haven't noticed any problems with the cold weather.

Gats pritty cold here to

The lines are the worst bit ,when it Freezes them to the deck.Havent found any real issues though with the kite.Keeping your Thumbs warm and retaining touch.While wearing what feals like Boxing Gloves is a pain.When trying to keep warm.

BRIAN...

Gats pritty cold here to

The lines are the worst bit ,when it Freezes them to the deck.Havent found any real issues though with the kite.Keeping your Thumbs warm and retaining touch.While wearing what feals like Boxing Gloves is a pain.When trying to keep warm.

BRIAN...

I had that problem with lines when I lived in the very cold land. Now I live in the warm land year around.

The solution I came up with was to leave the lines outside in the cold such as the trunk(boot) of the car, if you park the car outside or in a unheated garage.

Hello

Sincerely

Hammer_dk

TOP TIP

If you find your self removing snow from the surface of a frozen lake and using your leading edge as a snowplough blade. (like you do!)

A maneuver known as a "Zamboni" Beware!

After about the end of an hour and a half the top end caps can shatter. They tend to get a little cold!

This should not stop you doing this because it is such good fun.

Also skating from side to side on tips on the ice will bring on an attack of the giggles.

Nothing quite like flying a few 8's into a roll over landing and then zig zagging across the ice before taking off again.

Its just wrong...so why not do it!

Bazzer :blue-cool:

Some seasons back I took a pair of tight fitted warm gloves and cut a bit off the first two fingers. Just enough for the feel I want.

Put a slit across the inside middle of the thumb so its covered but can come out as needed.

I have as pair of the gloves that come without fingertips but this way I only freeze whats needed.

<<<SNIP>>>

This should not stop you doing this because it is such good fun.

Also skating from side to side on tips on the ice will bring on an attack of the giggles.

Nothing quite like flying a few 8's into a roll over landing and then zig zagging across the ice before taking off again.

Its just wrong...so why not do it!

Bazzer :blue-cool:

You are such a bad boy Bazzer!!!!! :devil: No wonder I like you!!!!!

I guess the lesson here is that every season provides a unique, new opportunity!!!!!!!!