Got my Zen!

KiteLife

Thanks for the compliments John & Rich! biggrin.gif I've been wanting a white purple combo for some time now. I love the all white Revs sails as well, so I wanted to keep it simple.

Here's a pic of her on her home field...

post-1408-127024893583_thumb.jpg

Since I couldn't find the post on Zen Feedback:

My first flight was kind of rough. I started out with 1mph wind that kept jumping up to 6mph! At 6mph my Zen pulled like a truck! I was rather surprised! I also experienced Revvus Intertuptus as the local soccer team needed my field! BAH! So I moved down to the lower field where I can't usually fly and the Zen surely wanted to stay airborne! Holy Hannah! When the wind was down on the low end, it was rather difficult to ascertain which direction to move in. Yes, this Rev wants to fly itself and floats like a dream, but you also certainly need some light wind skills to back it up. I have much work to do!

Edited by Aerochic

BEAUTIFUL Carolyn!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats.

Congrats also to the others who've recently received their ZENs.

Except Sammy.....who is still watching waiting and hoping his will arrive soon.

I don't have the heart to tell him I've had it in my bag for 2 weeks now...................................................

oops....did I say that out loud????

Nice kite indeed

Rich my brada! well it didnt come in yet bc u have it in yr bag sheshhhhhhhhhhhh! Give it to me tommorrow broski!

Just realised Felix, our Zen's will hit the country just in time for the Easter holls to cause havoc with thier delivery. :kid_cussing:

Well my white one arrived today. No need for a picture <grins>

The forecast for Berck did suggest some light breezes last time I looked...

Felix

OK, so my Zen was not here, the wind is pretty much non existant.

Thought I would spend a bit of time equalising my lines.

Just came back in for a cup of T. Lucky too as I might have missed the delivery bloke.

OK, so my Zen is here, there is almost no wind.

Sorry can't stop on here, can't belive I am saying this, I am glad the wind is low, I am off flying.

Catch you laters folks.

OK, so my Zen is here, there is almost no wind.

Sorry can't stop on here, can't belive I am saying this, I am glad the wind is low, I am off flying.

Yesterday I drove out to my field and had gotten excited because the school flag on that road wasn't flapping!!! How wrong is that!?! I flew in a low wind range I had NEVER flown in before! I wish you much fun with yours. I'm still in awe of this one...

Thanks Aero.

So, I was busy setting up and what happened. The blasted wind picked up. Was just going to set another Rev up and it dropped again.

Out came the Zen, I have found that pretty much if you can feel any breeze on yourself you can fly the Zen, quickly but carefuly landing if it picked up at all.

Will feel better when I have tried it a couple of times to get a feel for it's upper limit. Lower limit is no problem, it just sits on the ground. :)

I got my Zen last night. Went out to fly (no to little wind). I set up and was about to untangle my lines when a lacross team set up on the field...

Figures!

So checking the weather for today and tomorrow it looks like I'll need a vented kite to fly. I told my wife that getting a Zen will ensure that there will be plenty of wind to fly in. Just like buying a snow plow for my tractor ensured no snow the winter I bought it...

-Alden

I've been enjoying my Zen so much I didnt have time to take photo's when it first arrived....

So, here it is , dawn Kingston Beach , Tasmania, Australia

cheers

Steve

PS: Thanks Theresa and Bazza !

post-2140-1271763096_thumb.jpg

Your Welcome!

Very Pretty in the sunlight :)

Have fun!!!

T

I know the Zen has just been released, but I wanted to start a dedicated thread for people to post in with their photos and experiences. :)

Can't wait to hear from y'all!

Geez...I'm on disability...I can't afford one of those fancy kites... But I'm glad that rev designed it with very few color panels, because 10 years from now when I can get one it will be a LOT of fun sitting on no wind days painting it up...I'll post my photo then I guess...

--TaK

Ok, as of today - in fact 2 hours ago - I joined the Zen club

No pics but its the standard blue fade - sorry did I say standard - what I mean't is the fantastic blue fade !!

Hope to get it flying on Blackhaeth VERY soon.

Should be able to keep Felix company !!

Martin

Hi Martin,

As others have noted elsewhere the light wind flying techniques apply to the Zen as they also do to the Rev 1 and Rev 1.5 (Rev 2 as well!).

Long arms and light touch are essential ingredients.

<grins>

Felix

• 2 months later...

sorry that i'm late to the party but got my ZEN 2 weeks ago, the wind has been fresh here for weeks 5-10 ish, so have only flown her twice, need some more airtime to really appreciate her

BUT along the way i've discovered a new kite in my bag, a REV B STD with race rods, i know i'm late , had this sail for a year now, but carried on flying my set of 1.5 's, i love the B as i'm sure i will love the ZEN.

fungussmile.gif

btw does this make me a ZEN KITIST, and i'm feeling the need for enlightened company, i normally fly my rev's solo. :-(

I've been enjoying my Zen so much I didnt have time to take photo's when it first arrived....

So, here it is , dawn Kingston Beach , Tasmania, Australia

cheers

Steve

PS: Thanks Theresa and Bazza !

post-2140-1271763096_thumb.jpg

Unfortunatly Steve has sold his Zen. Fortunatly he is a good mate of mine and I have bought it :)

I will be joining the zen club.

Unfortunatly Steve has sold his Zen. Fortunatly he is a good mate of mine and I have bought it smile.gif

Since I'm considering getting a Zen, is there anything that Steve didn't like that caused him to sell it?

sorry no photo's yet, but my ZEN looked stunning against the low sun last night, use your imagination its ' blue fade'

only the 3rd / 4th fly but in proper wind ie 0-2 mph, I'm falling in love with this kite.biggrin.gif

fungus

Since I'm considering getting a Zen, is there anything that Steve didn't like that caused him to sell it?

He Sold due to the fact that his time flying kites has gone. He is losing the kiting bug to riding his push bike. I have tried to talk him into both and getting a buggy but he sold his Buggy a few months ago as well. Steve loved the Zen and could not fault it. Was actually full of praze.

I believe that I am the first person to buy a second hand Zen. Can anyone actually back this up or deny?

• 1 month later...

Cool! My Zen looks best with the sun scintilating through the panels. Can't wait for pics of the African sun behind your kite! Incidentally, I have extended the wind range of my Zen with a set of Magic Sticks that Scott Weider made for me. The Europeans use them in competition and I find they nicely stiffen the kite just a touch in stiffer winds. (thanks Scott) In lighter winds, not needed. In freasher breezes, it pushes the zen into Rev 1 territory. Customized?