Got my Zen!

KiteLife

John,

Received my new Zen yesterday, thank you for all your help with the color layout. The graphic layout on the computer does not do justice to the actual color of the end product. The blue, black, grey and white combo is great.

Bazzer,

The quality of the kite is unreal, thank you for your craftsmanship.

Ben,

Thank you for the great service.

Hope to post some photos real soon, light wind here I come.

USMC Al

AL.............So psyched for you!!!!!!!!

Sunday good for you this weekend?

Who would ever think that I would wish for light wind conditions. I've been sick with a bad cold for about 15 days now, it's running it's course, i finally started to feel better today and hope to be flying this Sunday. I will let you know this Sat pm. Wait tell you see my new Zen, I am looking forward towards team flying with our Zen's.

USMC Al

• 4 weeks later...

Awesome ZEN! mine should be here any day

I had the message that mine is on the way...

Then David Ellison set his up on Blackheath today and handed me the handles. Very sweet indeed <grins>

There was a shower approaching which turned out to be a deluge with hail stones. My call to pack up was 5 minutes too late but the kites were wrapped before the wind hit us.

Felix

Mine is also on the way.

Must be in the same order Felix.

Indeed...

In the 5 or so minutes that I flew David's kite it was evident that the sail to weight ratio was better than the Rev 1. A light touch is required along with flexibility on the ground, and dare I say it, 'long arms'. <grins>

Just what I might have expected! I look forward to catching a lift on rising air on zero wind days especially in 'grid' format. I remember the Paul Morgan 'Mega Deltas' at a Midlands event...

Felix

Yep, promises to be cold, wet and windy.

At least if I don't have it I will not be tempted to try it in a gale.

Exactly! I doubt that I will need a Zen in Berck either. I cannot immediately remember a low wind day at that event. We did use SUL Rev1s at WSIKF in 1994 on one day as I recall <grins>

Cervia could be light before the 11 o'clock 'switch on' of the on-shore breeze.

The Rev2s, on the other hand, could be very useful as mentioned 'over there'---> in the blog... http://www.revkites.com/forum/blog/2-rev-kite-team-notes-the-decorators/

Felix

Edited by Felix Mottram

Ooooooh Nice One, Doc!

I really struggled over whether to get one of the purple or blue fades because they are so very sharp looking, but ofcourse I had an idea of my own burning in my brain...

post-1408-127016724524_thumb.jpg

MANY HUGE THANKS to Lolly, Ben & Bazzer for indulging my designer urges! I am over the moon ecstatic with how it turned out! Forgive the photo quality as I received it upon coming home from work and the light was fading on me... better pics to come! :ani_punk:

My Zen arrived too !!!

Stunned by the quality and looks....kid_content.gif

First pic.

Foto-XIYOM78Z.jpg

Thank you Steve, Bazzer, Lolly and others involved in this project ! .

Wait for the pics with beautiful blue sky and bright sun !!!!

Edited by Madquad

Ooooooh Nice One, Doc!

I really struggled over whether to get one of the purple or blue fades because they are so very sharp looking, but ofcourse I had an idea of my own burning in my brain...

post-1408-127016724524_thumb.jpg

MANY HUGE THANKS to Lolly, Ben & Bazzer for indulging my designer urges! I am over the moon ecstatic with how it turned out! Forgive the photo quality as I received it upon coming home from work and the light was fading on me... better pics to come! :ani_punk:

BEAUTIFUL Carolyn!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats.

Congrats also to the others who've recently received their ZENs.

Except Sammy.....who is still watching waiting and hoping his will arrive soon.

I don't have the heart to tell him I've had it in my bag for 2 weeks now...................................................

oops....did I say that out loud????