Got my Zen!

KiteLife

Patience Grasshopper, Patience!

That's what Lolly said when I ordered my Zen and had color indecision. Ben and I discussed colors, then Lolly and I talked again and I finally settled on Bazzer's Pro B Mardi Gras Fade with Black center.

The wait is over now I need the rain to stop, Patience Grasshopper!

I see the postman made it today after all! :clap;

You should have been 150 miles to the south....no rain and blue sky!

Have fun Jim!

T

Edited by Theresa

Jim. WOW! Really striking. The black background against the colors is fabulous. That's my next kite.

I tried my Zen out today in MINIMAL and variable winds (not atypical of the landlocked midwest). It can get up in the air on a cat's burp, as advertised. Bit of challenge to fly, for me. It's so flexible that pumping it runs the risk of over flexing and loosing your lift. Patience, Grasshopper, and a gentle hand. I back up into a ditch, at one point, but it stayed aloft! I don't mind the learning curves, since it can get me into the field on days when I just could not fly otherwise.

The red fade against a cloudy sky seemed to glow from within, and so did I. Maximum fun.

Me and TK's custom Zens just arrived today, but sadly, right after we left for the Windless Festival in Long Beach...

Neighbor is holding them for us, we'll see 'em on Sunday night and post pics here. wink.gif

Tell you what JB. I'll stop by your neighbors place and pick up the kites.

I will then head over to Oregon City, that way John (JoneZ) and I can test them out for you both mid Sunday.laugh.gif

Let me guess, 1 is red and white, the other is black, blue and white.

Ken

Edited by flyinken

Well I got my Zen on Thursday! Thank you so much Kitteshoppe for your great service!!!

As for the kite --- WOW Bazzer did a fantastic job... every stitch is perfect and the layout just knocks my socks off!

post-2070-126375836181_thumb.jpg

As for the flying.... I went to a local park and the winds were 0 - 1 mph all day.

first flight was so easy... it just popped right up with the normal 1.5 handle settings

I actually had to move the leader on the top almost all the way out to have the sail load up properly, I had 6 different people come over durring the 5 hours that I was out flying, asking me how I could possibly flying with no wind :clap2:

I won't be just sitting around waiting for wind anymore..... this thing is well worth the price.......

I really like the sail design. It's a big kite and the pattern keeps it from becoming Godzilla in ballet shoes without losing the presence of it. The blue is very striking. I like it a lot. The purple is pretty cool as well, this pic doesn't show it well tho'. Proof is in the air I suppose and I am looking for a good day, winds under 15k. Maybe in Primm? ;)

post-2784-126387853602_thumb.jpg

post-2784-126387855676_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kiteman27

Well I got my Zen on Thursday! Thank you so much Kitteshoppe for your great service!!!

As for the kite --- WOW Bazzer did a fantastic job... every stitch is perfect and the layout just knocks my socks off!

As for the flying.... I went to a local park and the winds were 0 - 1 mph all day.

first flight was so easy... it just popped right up with the normal 1.5 handle settings

I actually had to move the leader on the top almost all the way out to have the sail load up properly, I had 6 different people come over durring the 5 hours that I was out flying, asking me how I could possibly flying with no wind :clap2:

I won't be just sitting around waiting for wind anymore..... this thing is well worth the price.......

And thank you to you too! :)

T

Zen custom SUL hot fade, black center

was received the day before departure for Treasure Island,

thanks Baz & Lolly!

I left early from work to insure I has some sunlight and when I get it all set-up the wind is blowing like 18 mph (naturally!) I flew a full vent for awhile waiting for conditions to return to dead calm as is our usual winds. Eventually I got frustrated and decided to abuse the darn thing right out of the FEDEX tube! I flew it high and off to the side or edges, but NOT in the center of the window. It bent-up occasionally but still survived and WOW does it power-up when those slack lines fetch-up tight again!

I threw a set of training wheels on the back of the sail to add some stability for flailing and to increase the inverted glide.

I like it better on longer throw handles too

Yet more pictures of colourful kites, I was set on a Ghost, now not so sure!

Hi Chris-

Hopefully, I'll get a few photos of mine, tomorrow. Oh, there's definitely color with mine. It will have a very familiar "feel" when you see what I had done!!! kid_smartass.gif

Thanks, Bazzer.wub.gif

i want more pictures! more details! hurry! ;-)

i want some "flight-reports".

which length of flying-lines do you recommend?

Photos are coming.....

From what I've heard, it's sweet on the 90# x 120' OR for the even lower end of the wind range, drop down to the 50# x 120' lines.... I hear that rocks, too!

And one more thing. . . ain't dem Zen sticks sexy!!!!

Hi Jim-

Dem "sticks" are very sexy, indeed!!! ... and the newest 1.5 frame has the same, sexy design!! It's tempting to get them just because of the design. kid_devlish.gif

I received my Zen in Treasure Island this past weekend, I did not fly it until the few days after the festival,

I'm throughly impressed with the set up, I used 100 ft of 50lb line, 120ft of 50lb and 120 ft of 90 lb line. I tried it with 15 inch and 13 inch handles, My assessment would be, whatever you prefer and the conditions allow will work great, this will help all just learning light wind technique as the lift will get you altitude, somewhat easier than a 1.5 then you can glide all they way to timbuktoo,

I tried regular Rev I rods when the wind was about 6MPH, just to get a feel for what the new rods offer and WOW, In a steady 2 MPH with the new rods it turns like it is about 4 or 5 mph with a 1.5.

Axels are just beautiful, This is a product that compliments the whole Rev lineup. Nice work to all in the research and development. Thanks to all.

This should bring a whole new look/style to team flying in light wind. The Rev Riders will be practicing with Zen's to get familiar, so when it's light we'll still be able to do some formation flying.

My choice of colors will work with all other team kites flying together.

Here is a total Zen Video Link:

Here is a link to a You Tube video with a little ZEN action near the end.

post-1950-126417619987_thumb.jpg

post-1950-126417621447_thumb.jpg

post-1950-126417623157_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scott A.