They Are Here, Zen Is Now Available

beach

Well Family they are a go as of right now I am also showing the standard panel/color placement for the first run. I know many of you have a ton of questions and I will answer what I can right now.

1. Are there custom colors? Yes just remember this is only to a point....

2. What's the turn around time? Average turn around from order is 2 and a half weeks depending on what Barry's work load is, but being that this is a custom and are all made one at a time it could take a bit longer.

3. What type of rods are in the kite? These are custom rods which I will not tell anyone how they are made as I make each one for this kite only, also I am just trying to make it all that much harder for knock off makers to make there trash so at this time I can not give any rod information.

4. What is the cost and what comes with it? The cost is $440.00 and that is kite only, rods, bridle, and carry bag.

5. What is the wind range? This kite was designed for low wind conditions which are 1 mph up to 4 mph but will still fly up to about 8 mph but thats not what it was made for, but remember low wind takes practice and this is only a tool to help make it easier.

I really hope this helps and the biggest thing to remember that low or no wind flying requires you to practice and be patient cause it will not come over night...... Ben :blue-cool: :blue-cool:

Pre-release discussion - http://www.revkites.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3065

post-35-1259082873_thumb.jpg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ben,

So excited that you guys have now got these on the market. I know it has been quite a journey and people have been hounding you for info, but from all the chatter I hear, I think this will be a fantastic addition to the Revolution product line and really shows what you guys are capable of. Congrats.

Mark.

Congrats to REV on the official launch! Been a long time coming in development and testing. Very nice that Rev also put it out to its customer base for valuable input into the final product.

So excited to see the look on those peoples faces who hadn't yet had a chance to demo it.

As Ben said and has been echoed by many, numerous times before, the Zen will help you fly on those no/low wind days but technique for that type of flying is definitely something that must be acquired, learned and practiced.

Congrats again to everyone at Rev, JB, Bazzer and all who had a hand in the development of this new addition to the family!!!!!!!

It's safe to say that few kites have been as "beta tested" as the Zen has been and you'll see very soon that it was worth every single one of those 21 test kites. Great looking sail patterns too!

Looking forward to getting 'hands on' with the real thing <grins>

Felix

Update:::::: Per Bazzer we are going to only charge more when on custom colors if we have too or it is way beyond the norm, myself

and Bazzer will look at each one and decide...... B) So being that we are the type of people who just make it happen I'd say it's a

fairly safe bet that there won't be many of these super custom, as a matter of fact I've only seen one or two so far that we would

need more money to do for people..... Ben :blue-cool: :blue-cool: :blue-cool:

Update:::::: Per Bazzer we are going to only charge more when on custom colors if we have too or it is way beyond the norm, myself

and Bazzer will look at each one and decide...... B) So being that we are the type of people who just make it happen I'd say it's a

fairly safe bet that there won't be many of these super custom, as a matter of fact I've only seen one or two so far that we would

need more money to do for people..... Ben :blue-cool::blue-cool::blue-cool:

Hi Ben

Re my order e-mail sent

I was there for the first prototype nearly a year ago, then I flew the team prototype at WSIKF. There was a huge difference in flight characteristics between those versions, and John tells me there were improvements made since then! The Zen will be my next Rev, but might be a while due to tight finances.