Road to the Championship

stevepigeon

We all start off with someone putting a Rev in our hands. For me that person was my Husband. He kept on asking me if I want to try to fly a Rev and I kept saying that I didn’t think I could fly it. He convinced me to try and within a few minutes I could make the kite go up and then land. I was hooked.

For the next year I would spend my time trying to learn to fly, I gained more control as the year passed. I knew that I wanted to compete; I found a piece of music that I could imagine myself flying to. My original routine was simple and not very quad like. In 2008 I met Scott Weider, we were instant friends. I talked with Scott by phone and through our conversations he became my mentor.

In October of 2009 I attended my first quad line competition. I was almost in tears and ready to scratch. The winds were blowing at 28 mph and I was being dragged around the field. I called Scott.. he told me that I was not going to scratch and then told me exactly how to handle those high winds and gave me the knowledge I needed to take home a 1st place certificate.

I qualified for the AKA Grand Nationals. For 6 weeks before competing Scott spent hours on the phone with me going over the details of competing and putting together a good ballet. I had sent him a video of my routine and together we worked on it. The whole time I was competing all I can remember is Scott say “ Stick those landings, don’t forget to breath and have fun!”

I can now say that I am a National Champion. I want to publicly thank those that have made my dream possible.

First and foremost.. My Husband. Thank you for encouraging me to pick the Rev up that day on the beach, and for your endless love and support.

To Scott.. your friendship has been a blessing. You are not only my teacher but also my brother.

To Revolution Kites.. Thank you for sponsoring the trophy that now hangs on my wall. Having the Rev name on it makes it even more special.

post-287-1258419781_thumb.jpg

Sherri

:) Congratulations Sherri - and can you post the video of your winning routine?

There are no videos from the day of competiton. I will try to get a good video maybe this wekend and post it for you all to see. If you want to see the routine you could always come to TI in January (plug)

Thank you on the congrats!

There are no videos from the day of competiton. I will try to get a good video maybe this wekend and post it for you all to see. If you want to see the routine you could always come to TI in January (plug)

Congratulations Sherri,

You worked hard and have been an inspiration.

Well done. I am so proud.

Lolly

• Like 1

Count me in and as always well done my friend.... Ben :blue-cool: :blue-cool: :blue-cool: