modular revolution kite

kairusan

My first real kiting video. Synchronized (badly) to music and everything! (Hope you like dubstep....)

Enjoy! Criticism (constructive or otherwise) welcome. If you like the video, please comment, rate, and share....

:wub:

Intresting,im on with a similar project atm.So found it helpfull in some areas.View point and angles mainly.The kite also and how it looked,the area around you.

So,thanks for posting.I did find some use for the time watching....if ya see what im saying

I would usually try and use the,,,if you cant say anything nice,dont say anything at all aproach,but your asking for comments and constructive ones.Good or Bad

Honestly.I got bored with the vid after about 20seconds.Music i dont like,but thats me.

On the otherhand.Thers some control and understanding going on,even if i first thought you had tried to beet the World record for the longest tip wrap. :devil:;):)

Hey,who the hell am i to say anyways.

A brave effort from ya,carry on regardless

Ask yourself one question

Did I Get The B,D,G[Big Daft Grin]

I think the answers, Ho Yes I did

Jobs a goodn then

BRIAN... :sign_kitelife:

Honestly.I got bored with the vid after about 20seconds.Music i dont like,but thats me.

On the otherhand.Thers some control and understanding going on,even if i first thought you had tried to beet the World record for the longest tip wrap.

Thanks for the input! Notes for future vids: (1) make them shorter—much shorter; (2) use less niche music (dubstep is quite an acquired taste I am told); (3) try to remove tip wrap(s) BEFORE shooting video.

:D

You know me Kai, all said with the best sentiments...

I'd like to see a wider range of movements with the kite.

This particular vid was predominantly aggressive spinning L or R.

No slight to your abilities, that's just what stood out to me in this release.

And yes, niche music is tough... Didn't work for me.

Keep it coming though, always love to see new stuff! :)

some nice flying kal ....

one of the things i have observed as i have messed about with trying to put videos together is:

> the length of the video ... seems like 3 minutes max works best for keeping a viewers attention ... especially non flyers !!!

> various camera angles and distances really increase the visual interest ( a bit more difficult when you are filming yourself :lol: :lol: )

> music is a tough one ,i gravitate to music with a strong back beat that pops along and mimics the manouvers and the lyrics need to be clean of profanity and other inappropriate language ... a no brainer there

not sure what computer you have . i use a mac that has some great text , transitions and other cool editing features that makes doing videos pretty easy

i echo some of john and bri's sentiments ... a variety of moves with less aggression and more control ... segmenting turns and such offers a more visual appeal ...

of course ...all of this is just my opinion :) :)

can't wait to see your next video ;) ... it can be as addictive as flying

cheers

terry w

I have judged dual and quad line comps for about 15 years going from regional up to World competitions.

I also competed primarily in quads for about 10 years in competitions from regional all the way to world.

When it comes to quads, I want to see what a quad can do, whether it be ballet or the technical routine of precision.

I want to see the maximum of variety.

I want to see it very cleanly executed.

I want to see excellent timing.

I do not want to see a lot of repetition.

I do not want to see unintentional ground touches or crashes. If you have a ground touch, it should be obvious that it is intentional.

I do not want to see sloppiness.

When you work on a routine, think out first everything you can do with your REV in the air and on the ground.

Build these into your routine in a flowing matter. With music you need to have this flowing with the music.

For music I tend to suggest a piece that goes from quiet to loud and slow to fast. An example of this is "It's oh so Quiet" from Bjork.

You need to choreograph your routine. Write it down, sketch it out. Maybe even create a Flash version if you know Flash. Then Practice it. Master it.

It will reward you!

You might also review the International Sport Kite Rules, Judges and Compulsories Books. In particular look at the judges book as it explains how the judges score.

Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...
My first real kiting video. Synchronized (badly) to music and everything! (Hope you like dubstep....)

Enjoy! Criticism (constructive or otherwise) welcome. If you like the video, please comment, rate, and share....

:wub:

Not bad at all, but as many of the other fliers said too much repetition in the video to keep the attention of viewers. John said it best with all the points he made, being a long time competitor and judge!

Best of all though, did (do) you have fun! Main thing is the fun aspect. As for competitive flying, you have to take things to the highest level you can if in competition. But one thing I have noticed is that many competitive fliers (NOT all) seem to end up taking it way to serious, and seem to lose the fun aspect of their flying. Which is fine if all the competitive flier is after is to place high in the rankings. But this is kite flying my friend. Soooo, try to always keep the fun it in, and do not get too serious!

Take the constructive criticisms for what it worth, and try the tips and tricks you learn from other fliers... but most of all HAVE FUN!

Con Engels

Windstar Kites