Up North (down South, back East, out West) UK Rev gathering"

big bri

Hey Bruce,great job pal.

Thanks very much for posting.Shows what a few freinds can do on wet weekend up North.

Thanks again to all that braved the conditions and showed,didnt we have a ball.......Bravo everyone

BRIAN...

So Brian, having now convinced those of us who were unable to attend that we really missed something special what are the dates for next year ???? :confused!:

After all the weather can only get better and with more flyers I am sure it can be made an event to remember !!

Martin

...... After all the weather can only get better and with more flyers I am sure it can be made an event to remember !!

Martin

Event, how dare you?

It was not an event, just an informal gathering of friends. ;)

Oh and yes there were quite a few of us and we had a great time, looking forward to the next.

• 4 weeks later...

Happy New Year Keith.

Would the Kiteflier be available online or the report be available to read for none members of the mag[club]

Thanks Keith

BRIAN...

For a fiver you can have a shiny new 'electronic subscription' - which looks a bargain! :kid_content:

www.thekitesociety.org.uk

Here is the offending paragraph, I'm probably breaking some sort of implicit copyright but them's my words so sod it. ;)

Rev Gathering

This was the other reason I travelled all the way to Liverpool in November, I spent the Saturday at "The Gathering". This was a get together for all the rev fliers in the UK, and although there were a number of notables missing it was still a huge get together on an empty Ainsdale beach. There were 30 fliers there on the Saturday, when I attended, and more expected for the Sunday. I certainly learned a lot about keeping one of those pesky 4 line kites in the air. Well worth the 4:30am start to get there. Now if only we could persuade some of them to compete, there might just be a quad line team competition again. 'bout time Flying Squad earned their title "reigning multi-line team champions" :-) Many thanks to Brian (big Bri) for organising this event, another example of the generous northern hospitality, hot food and drink on tap all weekend.

• 1 year later...

Apologies for resurrecting a thread that has lied dormant for nearly two years, but I think this may the best place for this post, and as a bonus, it may bring back a few memories of a great, if cold and bleak weekend.

Anyway, to the point, I have a vague memory of a conversation that weekend, about a film I had recently enjoyed and telling somebody to keep an eye out for it, trouble is, I can’t remember who the conversation was with. The good news is, it’s on UK TV this week, 23:15 Tuesday evening on ITV2, The Bucket List. If it was you I had the conversation with, or even If it wasn’t, look it out, watch it or record it, I don't want to give too much away but it’s a great way to spend a couple of hours on an autumn evening.