Up North (down South, back East, out West) UK Rev gathering"

big bri

Many thanks for the pictures Clare and sorry to have missed you.

Wow what an an achievement! The mega team looks great and hats off to the person calling.

I am proud of you all and seriously jealous that I couldn't be there. (I was appearing on stage in Opera at the time) but next time.

Bri, what can I say, anyone who has tried to co-ordnate this type of thing will have an idea of the work you and yours put in. Respect to all and I look forward to seeing you all soon.

How about a trip up to the North East in February? I'm sure we can convince Vince and his friends to host a little party! :devil:

Hey Stephen,you and yours we all owe our thanks to that flew over the weekend.Myself and Dave B especially so.Have to applaud our lads also.Ther well drilled pilots.Anyone could see that,but most of all,gents, one and all.Your help ,along with some other good freinds.Has got us along to a 25kite mega fly at Ainsdale,,,,,,,BDG mate,BDG.A few good people we missed and a few we didnt.They missed a realy good weekemd.

Anyway,i hope the Play went well for you Stephen.The backend of a donkey is a difficult part to play.so im told. .Good luck with it. ;):kid_devlish:

The North East lads are a pleasure tobe with.They realy did have no fear on Saturday.Ther Reved up,thats for sure.Ther gona come along again soon.While we pass the word along even more.

We would do our best to have a trip UP NORTH :wacko: .Ther is more NORTH and its enthusiastic.

I did mention it to them.Ther not shy fellas,im sure ther Brewing some Brown ale as we speak.

BRIAN...

OK folks, got home safe and sound about 6 ish. Was WELL worth the trip. hope every one else had a safe journey.

I know I didnt spend long nattering, to much fun hanging on the end of the strings.

Look forward to the next non event, will try to make the full weekend next time.

What a Beach, what a group of folks, and the Weather, wOw.

Thanks for inviting me Bri, catch you all again soon with any luck.

HI ALL ITS ANDY PHOOGRAPHER AND OWD MATE O BIG BRI'S.....

WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL PEOPLE WHO I MET OVER THE WEEKEND...

BRI GOT INTOUCH AND ASKED IF I WOULD DO HIM A FAVOUR AND COME ALONG TO TAKE SOME PICS OF THE EVENT THAT HE AND FRIENDS WERE ORGANISING AT AINSDALE.... NOT A PROBLEM..

I HAVE NEVER SEEN AN EVENT LIKE THIS BEFORE AND AS WELL AS DOING THE PICTURES I WAS AMAZED AT THE SKILLS OF THE PEOPLE ON SHOW, EVEN MORE SO WHEN I WITNESSED THE FORMATION FLYING AND I THOUGHT THE MEGA FLY WAS AMAZING,, WELL DONE TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED....

SEEING ALL THIS I ASKED BRI FOR A CRASH COURSE AND HE DUELY OBBLIGED..... HA SHOWED ME THE BASICS AND LEFT ME ALONE TO PLAY.......... ALL I CAN SAY I IM HOOKED WHAT A SPORT!!!!!!

SO AS WELL AS TAKING MORE PICS I WILL NO DOUBT BE MEETING A FEW OF YOU AGAIN BUT NEXT TIME HOPEFULLY I MAY BE FLYING!!!!!!

THE PICTURES FROM THE WEEKEND WILL BE FINISHED IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS..................

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE HOSPITALITY WHAT A PLEASANT BUNCH U ARE :)

ANDY...................................

:lol: ,Welcome to the forum my old freind.

Ive sorted ya a kite fella.Talk soon Andy.We will get ya buzzin even more Andy

Later mate

BRIAN...

OK folks, got home safe and sound about 6 ish. Was WELL worth the trip. hope every one else had a safe journey.

I know I didnt spend long nattering, to much fun hanging on the end of the strings.

Look forward to the next non event, will try to make the full weekend next time.

What a Beach, what a group of folks, and the Weather, wOw.

Thanks for inviting me Bri, catch you all again soon with any luck.

Hey Chris,thanks for doing the trip mate.I never got to speek with ya Mrs,,,, :blushing: .Im sorry pal.

Next time mate

BRIAN...

SEEING ALL THIS I ASKED BRI FOR A CRASH COURSE AND HE DUELY OBBLIGED..... HA SHOWED ME THE BASICS AND LEFT ME ALONE TO PLAY.......... ALL I CAN SAY I IM HOOKED WHAT A SPORT!!!!!!
Hi Andy

Thanks for coming and going what you do. Welcome to the forum and Welcome to the Darkside. :big_starwars: (don't worry Brian will explain that one) and I look forwasrd to flying with you sometime soon.

We would be more than happy Stephen. Have you any dates in mind. I think Big Peter needs us to avoid one weekend in February (20th and 21st) so he can be part of it.

I've borrowed a picture to show part of the flying site (our local field). We would be to the right in an adjacent enclosed field.

med_gallery_1812_124_24228.jpg

Picture courtosy of Choccys album - I hope it's okay

I could'nt get to Bri's do but it looked really good. Will try and get to this one if possible, my mum lives 15 mins away and it's a very familiar landmark to me (Penshaw monument)

Keith

The mega team looks great and hats off to the person calling.

That'll be the geezer with the red hat - and he's still horse (edited by Bri for spilling ;) )

Fantastic weekend. I put another 700 miles on the car but it was so worthwhile. Really enjoyable to spend time flying with new and old friends and seeing how the skill levels are improving so quickly. Great fun.

The mega flies went well. We had several run throughs of the grid system - 20 in a 5 by 4 grid on Saturday afternoon was the largest. For most it was probably the first time that they'd got so up close and personal with the concept and all managed superbly. Thanks for putting up with my shouted gibberish :wacko:

Big thanks to Santa Bri and all your little helpers - we'll be back :)

Cheers all!

Sorry I'm a bit late with my input but we have only just got home as we stayed over sunday night.

Well what can i say my ribs are stilll aching from laughing - what a great bunch you all are

Many Many thanks to Bri,Dave kev and co and their wives for there hospitality - its amazing what a spread they put on and always with a smile on their faces

We have had a cracking weekend with some grreat people

ten out of ten for the event Bri - whens the next one !!!

thankyou very much for my prize,i am still trying to work out which line to attach where though

I hope everyone got home without a hitch and i look forward to seeing you all again

Once again thankyou

Baz

Edited by BAZ

Naughty, moi? Say things like that and people will start talking you know.

Santa baby, what a fab weekend you organised for us all. Thank you, and can you remember to pop one of your purple zens in the stocking at the end of my bed on the 24th of next month. Thank you to all of Santa's little helpers too - what a fab team you all are. Which reminds me - soneone picked the pocket of one of Santa's dwarves! How could anyone stoop so low ? (Credit : Hippy Chippy)

What a weekend! superb hospitality, many thanks to Bri, Debs, Lyn and all the rest of the Ainsdale crew, lot of fun with a great bunch of folk and great to see so many folk turn up, it wern't raining all of the time...

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/flyincam/Ain...352241258226146

More pics later....after I have Photoshopped some sun into those too :lol:

More here,

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/flyincam/Ain...383337186418642

Yet more.

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/flyincam/Ain...668089386487842

Edited by Harrier

I remember Bristol 2008, I had not been flying revs very long but was camped a few rows down from your team on the camp site and saw you flying at the arena...saw evryone flying. was top. I would love to fly with the full decorators team at some point.

I'm sure that an opportunity will turn up soon.

We hope to be at quite a few events next year...

Felix

Well what more can be said about a great weekend, shame it all ended too soon.

It was great to catch up with some old friends & make some new ones

Many thanks to Deb's & my better half Lynn for keeping us all fed & watered

Hope to see you all soon,

Dave

aka Mr Magooo

Everyone seems tobe Home,safe and sound.Jobs a goodn.

From the comments ,PMs and Email weve had.Everyone had a great time and employed the BDG.Which was always a goal we wanted to achieve..I have many Photos that i will share with you all soon.The Friday afternoons snaps are realy good.With some sun and blue skys.Some Great shots of the Iquad Kites and team flying.The grid shots are kewl also.Im speaking with Andy the Photographer later Today,,,,,we have a Plan,be patient my freinds.

Thanks again to all that gave up ther weekend.Traveled hundreds of miles.Braved the Weather and did our sport Proud.A great way to spend time in a cold,wet[est],dark and stormy November.

One last Thank You, to all my Team4mation mates and also the Soup Dragons.Dave,Kev Paul and Richard,who have flown ther socks off all year and been the backbone of the Gathering.Then thers the SOUP DRAGONS.Lynn,who wasnt 100% and could have dried[cried] off,But was a trooper.Debs,putting tents up,at 7.50am on weekend.In rain and winds,little sleep,then service with a smile.

THANK YOU.

Thanks everyone

BRIAN...

Edited by big bri

Brian and all.

Thought I must join the board to say what a great day I had on Saturday. Well worth the trip from the North East, thanks for letting me fly, a novice, with such a talented group of people.

However I must inform you I seem to have developed a bit of a bug I hope its not contagious the symptoms are

Aching arms, as if I've been pulling against something

Inclined head, as if been looking up.

A fixed gaze, fixed at about 120 foot.

A yearning/lust for a strange flying object.

Hope I've found part of the cure thanks to a "True Gent" on FracturedAxel who goes by the name of "oldflier" who was selling a Vented SLE, proceeds to Children in Need. I did the deal, deposited the money and kite received today. Now can't wait to get out at the weekend to fly it

All the best, and may the winds be good for you.

Chris

Hi All

About time I piped up with,

Many Thanks to everyone that turned up from all corners of the country, For a Fantastic Weekend . An absolute pleasure meeting and flying with you all. Glad to hear that all those who travelled Returned home safe and sound, I'd also like to thank the rest of the team:- Big Bri; (aka Head Poncho), Dave B; (aka Robin), Paul; (aka Spiders Web Master),; Rich;(aka Bannerman), DDD Deb's ( Double Diamond Dynamo & bri's other 1/2 ),Lynn;(Soup Maker Extrodinaire & Dave B other 1/2 ), Andy ( For the Pic's & calendar & hopefully ligthening my Rev bag see you on the Beech soon ?) Big thanks again All.

Cheers

Kev

P.S. Can you's keep a secret ?

Since Bri did nothing at the weekend to justify him winning a prize, I've got him a LITTLE memento of the Gathering Which I will present to him during practice tommorow, on behalf of us all as a BIG thank you BRI ( cameras at the ready )

P.P.S It's a One off, Unique, Only one in the world, One of a kind,Special Design, None other like it, Custom made, #%*?<$^+,to add to his collection.

• 2 weeks later...
P.S. Can you's keep a secret ?

Since Bri did nothing at the weekend to justify him winning a prize, I've got him a LITTLE memento of the Gathering Which I will present to him during practice tommorow, on behalf of us all as a BIG thank you BRI ( cameras at the ready )

P.P.S It's a One off, Unique, Only one in the world, One of a kind,Special Design, None other like it, Custom made, #%*?<$^+,to add to his collection.

Well, Kev presented his LITTLE memento to Brian at the weekend.

One of Brians other hobbies when he's not flying is collecting Zippo lighters, so kev sorted him out a "special Zippo" & yes it really does work!

As kev said, oh behalf of everyone a BIG thanks Brian for all your effort in organising a great weekend.

Dave.

post-212-1260132272_thumb.jpg post-212-1260132293_thumb.jpg post-212-1260132334_thumb.jpg

p.s.

in case you were wondering U.N.D.S.B.E.O.W............................................................. Up North Down South Back East Out West

Wow Bri, you got a big un.

Cool prezzie, thanks for doing that Kev.

Bri, you be sure to take care if you ever light it indoors. Make sure thare are plenty of Fire Extinguishers about.

With a lighter that size you never know what might happen.

Wow Bri, you got a big un.

Cool prezzie, thanks for doing that Kev.

Bri, you be sure to take care if you ever light it indoors. Make sure thare are plenty of Fire Extinguishers about.

With a lighter that size you never know what might happen.

Problem with it is

It only does 10cigs to the Gallon :) .

On the upside.Its a great welder,Berbie and Heater.

Thank you Kev

BRIAN...