Up North (down South, back East, out West) UK Rev gathering"

big bri

Just remembered

FOOOOOOD ideas for Saturday Night,

I spoke with The Belash Indian Restraunt.They do a set meal for two for £20.95.Ther just 20yds away from the B&Bs

I also spoke with The Grand Palace Chinese Restraunt.They have a Banquet[all you can eat]for £12.90.Again a stones throw away.

We are booked as party of male pole dancers on a busmans Holiday weekend.Booked under the name of..... :devil:

Ther are a couple of other restraunts also within a short walk.Along with Mc Donalds and Kens,P Hut.That sorta stuff.

BRIAN...

here is the 3 day weather forcast from

The B. B. C. [big Bris Caravan] :P:)

http://www.windguru.com/int/index.php?sc=1064

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/ Hover over Crosby or Blackpool.Then click and weather is displayed to the right

Anyone arriving Friday.Bring a factor 30,its showing three suns and above average temps.Full vent with clean winds.Sunset should be good for the kite Photographers

Saturday is drying up and winds now droped into low 20iz.A little up though on Friday.4 wrap required in full vent.Excellent for keeping it up

Sunday cloudy with sunshine and showers.Winds in high teens/low 20iz..Still full vents and four wrap.swop lines over[tops n bottoms]and equalise natures way

BRIAN...

Ok,the eve of the Revolution

First off

Everyone have a safe trip.

Ile be flying on the beech around 1pm Tomorrow,,,ho yes

Then i think we shall wander over to the smallest pub for around 8pm.

On the beech Saturday for 8am setting up soup kitchen.See ya all ther.

BRIAN...

Ok,the eve of the Revolution

First off

Everyone have a safe trip.

Ile be flying on the beech around 1pm Tomorrow,,,ho yes

Then i think we shall wander over to the smallest pub for around 8pm.

On the beech Saturday for 8am setting up soup kitchen.See ya all ther.

BRIAN...

If Google-maps could be believed I would be there at 1pm as well. In the real world, of course, it will be somewhat later.

An early start on Saturday may be a very good idea... <grins> Let's get as much as possible done as soon as is possible! /<grins>

Felix

SO,5/30am and not a breath of wind here

The forcasters have the winds average in the Teens now,Realy is getting better and better

http://www.windguru.com/int/index.php?sc=1064 DISPLAYED IN KNOTS

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/ hover over Crosby or blackpool and click.Forcast is to the right

BRIAN...

Edited by big bri

Latest localised weather

Ive been checking every site,media,the lot.Dont want you softies stuck here any longer than need be.

The severe stuff is well up the coast.Miles away.Mainly the Lake District area.Which is 100miles away and further.Cumbria has been hit Bad,but again its quite localised .The lakes tend to have micro climates.Its part of ther weather system and attraction i soppose.

At seathwaite[120mile away]they just recorded the wetest day ever,,,340mm.Cockermouth has 6ft of water in places[100 miles away]Workingtonhas severe floods[100miles away]

The link below has a localised forcast for Southport.

http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/USM...2∏=xoap

So,in summary.

Very localised weather systems.No severe warnings have been forcast for our area.

Sunshine and showers,winds up a bit

Safe trip peoples

BRIAN...

Edited by big bri

If anyone is considering attending tomorrow then I can highly recommend it!

Bri and Dave plus there lovely wives went to a huge amount of trouble today to ensure everyone was happy and fully catered for. Homemade pumpkin soup was a lovely suprise - totally delicious.

Being novices me and my OH were struggling with the wind strength today, but tomorrow is forecast to be a little lighter. It did rain for a lot of the afternoon but not one person gave up flying due to this - much less rain forecast for tom! (0.3mm/3hr tom rather than the forecast 3.5mm/hr today!)

Pictures are uploading right now but be warned they are very amateur!

What a great day - well worth the travel.

Fantastic reception and facilities, great flying met lots of new friends and learned a lot. Yes we had rain and high winds, but it didn't spoil a thing and with over 30 fliers and 25 taking part in the mega fly it was grins all round.

Well done Bri and team I hope you have fair winds and good flying tomorrow.

All having a great time. Bri has just presented the prizes. Several people got a new design in high wind euro-short handles, but felix won the star prize - the first zen into the UK.

Hmmm... It may be the first Zen in the UK but I do not think that it will fly...<grins>

Felix

Hi Bri,

A big thank you, to you, Dave, your wives and everyone involved for a fantastic Saturday. :)

It was great to meet you all, and well worth the travel from Geordie land. :)

I learnt loads, met some great people and was involved with a 25 kite mega fly!!

My best ever flying day. :)

Hope you all have another great day today.

Pete