Up North (down South, back East, out West) UK Rev gathering"

big bri

As I remember it was a bit damp at the last non event.

With any luck it will not have been the start of a trend!

It was a bit breezy too, looks as if it could be something of a trend Chris. :lol:

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/7days.asp?zipcode=

I am setting about one of my mega vents with a Stanley knife, I am not wanting to walk back from Blackpool.

:devil:

Yuk! And I only have a 1.5 UL (plus some 'std' sticks), but certainly not a vented.

Won't stop me being there though, train tickets booked.

We may be able to find a 'spare' vented... <grins>

However, we might not have a comprehensive stock of mega vented kites.

The ones with LE and down spars 'only' are looking appropriate. Who needs a kite sail?

Felix

We may be able to find a 'spare' vented... <grins>

However, we might not have a comprehensive stock of mega vented kites.

The ones with LE and down spars 'only' are looking appropriate. Who needs a kite sail?

Felix

Keep the faith my freinds

Ive ordered the weather special Delivery. :blushing: .

I have a feeling ther will be no shortage of kites with some venting.......

Ile just reorder the weather.

Dear God,ive been a good lad all year,I have only flown a dualine twice since July and not abused any power kiters all year AT ALL.I also didnt swear much when the Aussies smashed us a Rugby,not much at all.

Please can we have 12mph off the sea.Allday Saturday and a sprinkle of sunshine.Sunday a sweet 8 or9mph will be fine

Jobs a goodn.

Ho,and ps,I will try and not let Dave Shenkman sweetalk me anymore or Ben,Bazza and Lolly.

Thanks very much for listening

A JORDIE....

Edited by big bri

Keep the faith my freinds

Ive ordered the weather special Delivery. :blushing: .

I have a feeling ther will be no shortage of kites with some venting.......

Ile just reorder the weather.

Dear God,ive been a good lad all year,I have only flown a dualine twice since July and not abused any power kiters all year AT ALL.I also didnt swear much when the Aussies smashed us a Rugby,not much at all.

Please can we have 12mph off the sea.Allday Saturday and a sprinkle of sunshine.Sunday a sweet 8 or9mph will be fine

Jobs a goodn.

Ho,and ps,I will try and not let Dave Shenkman sweetalk me anymore or Ben,Bazza and Lolly.

Thanks very much for listening

A JORDIE....

Stoties on you then Bri

Haway the lads<grins>

Edited by Vince

Stoties on you then Bri

Haway the lads<grins>

Just keepin you lads on ya toes Vinny old chap :);) .

Ya know,im not over religious,but i did look for a prayer that would ask for Fair Weather for us all.

What realy did strike me was.How lucky we are with the weather.Boy,thers some people who would swop us around our Tiny Planet.Thers always somone worse off.

The weather is,what it is, and will be what it will be.We cant change that,Unfortunetly

Hers one Prayer i did find and sorta

A Prayer for Good Weather

Good Saint Medard, humble and loyal servant, you trusted God's providence in all things and at all times. You knew that God provides for the needs of His children of the
Revolution Gathering
. Inspire us with your faith, so that we may weather the storms that surround us
this working week
and trust that the sun will shine again allday Saturday and Sunday at Ainsdale beech.Let His Brother The 12mph wind.Blow sweetly over and from the earths sea.Bringing Joy and Thankfullness to,and from us all

Amen.
;)

We can always improvise

BRIAN...
:devil:

:clap2: We are all with you Bri.

We will be down there what ever the conditions.

This is more than just flying :ani_punk: This is the gathering of the of the year.

Up Early pal,good morning to ya all

:) I admire your PMA my freinds from the north,,,,,

Doesnt the word,Gathering bring images of Mel Gibson in a kilt.

Storm clouds and rummbles of thunder in moody skys.

Cold steel and flashes of lightning,

Bob and his Ducks :lol: on stakes

One more day down,so technically,only two more gerups.

BRIAN..

Edited by big bri

Sadly I can't make it this weekend.. but I have checked out the weather forecast and :blink: oh dear.... 60mph winds and heavy rain!!!

Good luck and enjoy! (more time in the pub then)

Hezz

Looks like the best of the weather will be Friday afternoon and 9mph Sunday lunchtime just when we will be thinking of heading home. I think I may have to ask the wife for extra pocket money this week it look like I will be getting through a lot of lemonade.
  • Like 1

Looks like the best of the weather will be Friday afternoon and 9mph Sunday lunchtime just when we will be thinking of heading home. I think I may have to ask the wife for extra pocket money this week it look like I will be getting through a lot of lemonade.

I was thinking of getting out the second set of waterproof kit and boots 'just in case'.

I hope that David remembers the mega vented kites.

Can we fly out of the tent?

Felix

Quite! We live in hope... However, weather forecasts change, so we travel.

Felix

Here,here

It maybe so.That the weather blows like a Tazmanian Devil on speed,BUT

Weve flown at Ainsdale for a while now and ther is only one reliable way to forecast.

The one when your stood on the beech.

Im 21miles from Ainsdale as the crow flys.The forcast three days ago was wet,wet ,wet for Today

Its been Glorious,sun and 10mph for the most of the day.........Its November :)

Keep the faith and safe trip all

BRIAN...

Can we fly out of the tent?

I was thinking maybe stick practice in the pub, but I haven’t got a stick, or a routine to practice, come to that.

I've got a new toy to sharpen the reflexes though.

Quite! We live in hope... However, weather forecasts change, so we travel.

Absolutely, expect the best, but prepare for the worst.

Oh and anything but Boddington's, even yellow beer.

Correction: Anything but Boddinton's or Budd.

Sadly I can't make it this weekend.. but I have checked out the weather forecast and :blink: oh dear.... 60mph winds and heavy rain!!!

Weather.com has it down as a great weekend for washing kites (winds between 20-25mph) as does BBC weather. Metcheck suggests Sunday for blow drying (apart from the issue of more rain, of course).

I'm with Bri - looking for the seaside/beach micro-climate.

Then again, anyone know of a large (warm) gymnasium near Southport with 30+ indoor Revs for loan? :devil: