Up North (down South, back East, out West) UK Rev gathering"

big bri

Thought it best to just post a few reminders and recount the numbers.Ive also put links to here from the other two threads.Hope this saves any confusion.The other links do have some content thats usefull,but dont need going over again.

Links to previous threads.Use this thread now.Saves any confusion.The links may contain some other handy info though,,,ther below.

Original thread... http://www.revkites.com/forum/index.php?sh...ic=3320&hl=

Secon Thread.. http://www.revkites.com/forum/index.php?sh...ic=3332&hl=

Not many gerups now until we are underway.Just a few reminders.Some Obvious,some not so Obvious.If Anyone can add to the reminders,,,please do.

A good vibe and Happy smile.Mustbe the firts thing to bring.Rev folk usually do anyways.The passion to help others and makes new friends is also part of the Rev flyers make up.Also the willingness to learn is kewl.Whatever you wana get from the gathering.Dont be shy,ask.Thers loadsa people that wana help everyone.We are all freinds.If thers a specific area that you wana get started on or your stuck on,ITS YOUR WEEKEND,,,Just Ask

A set of 120ft lines is a must realy.Shout if you havent any,PM me,its kewl.The next statement maybe obvious,but some lines dont mix with others[Cotton dont mix with LPG,knife and butter effect].If your at all unsure,Ask,PM me if ya like/Its all kewl.

No such thing as bad weather.Just the wrong Cloths[b.Connelly].Pack for the cold and wet.It pritty exsposed on a Northern beech in November.We have made prep for some shelter and Hot refreshments,but Jeans and Ts wont realy be the way to go.Hats,gloves,Wterproofs.

Places to meet and find Freinds,flyers.

FRIDAY AFTERNOON 12,45pm, I will be on Ainsdale beech with a few good men[and the Mrs],on Friday from 12.45pm,until Dark[ish[.May aswell make the most of the time and beech

FRIDAY EVENING.The best place to meet at around 8pm[ish] The Lakeside inn[smallest Pub in Uk, 8pm].It on the prom,near the New Theatre.Across the road from the Victoria Pub.Lets fill it to the roof with Rev flyers.Thers plenty of eating places around ther also and other points of intrest.Thers also a few other good pubs.Within a stones throw[Victoria,windmill,leos bar].

SATURDAY MORNING 8.30.We will be on the beech at Ainsdale by 8.30am.Setting the tents up and organising the stuff,best place to base ourselves.Parking on the beech is FREE.Ive never had anything go missing at Ainsdale and we will have the luxury of numbers,but keep stuff either.In your boot or in our Pop Ups,which will have freinds and people we know near or in them at all times.You can fly,streight from your car boot also.I have taken some precautions for marking the areas we will be in Obvious.Although we cant tape it off,i have a plan.... :) .

Although we all bought into a fun fly gathering weekend break.We should have some sotra structure and end Goal.I have had a few PMs and i know thers a few people who wana learn or do certain things,which is kewl.SO,

Not an Agenda,a little structure

Meet and free fly early on.Brews available and some safety stuff....nowt heavy,RAF WOODVALE,is 1.5miles away,,,200ft hight limit.That sorta stuff.

Mid morning-try and get into small[4/5man] groups.Get some team done[if thats what you want].Some may just wana chat and fly,,,kewl

FOOD-12pm ish,loads of places for food.I hope to persuade My Mrs[Debbie]and Daves Mrs[Lynn]to man the soup and Hot stuff. provided by us as hoasts.I also hope we can with some gentle hints.Gets them to do some runs to the shops if needed for food and other refreshments.

.We can also Discuss what we then all wana do.The Main Goal,for alot would to be involved in a mega fly.Perhaps after a Nose Bag.We can then make the teams larger[8man]and build on that.The finarley would need tobe around 2.30pm.MEGA FLYS,for anyone that wants bad nerves and the shakes...lol.Its kewl and the best thing in kiteing,since standoffs wher invented.Looking at the numbers and people i know.Twenty Five seems tobe a realistic number as a best guess for a mega fly.Ther should be more of us,but not all fly or wana do team.,which is kewl.Felix has a good idea also.THE RINGs.I think that would be kewl to try and nail it.Im sure felix has the numbers need programmed in.We will have a Photographer along also.....

Dark on the beech...Just an idea.We do like to fly in the dark.Bring lights if ya wana.We will be doing a little somthing in the dark with lights.That i hope if you stay to see it.Wont dissapoint ya.... :) .

SATURDAY EVENING .Leos bar 8PMIts is on just on the corner of the B&Bs,off Lords st.Easy to find.Large and does food.Thers also an Indian Restraunt[going to see them this Tuesday]Thers also an all you can eat Chinese[a bit exspensive,but this Tuesday im on the case].A fish and Chip Shop,eat in or take away.A few other Cafes and Burger places,pizza....loads of them.[A good refrence for if your in the correct place/area is[Queen Victorias Monument]

I was hoping we could all make Leos Bar SATURDAY Around 8PM.Then we can all decide on what we would like to do.We have planned alittle PRIZE GIVING,,,ooooOOOO,just a bita fun.So the more the merrier.Thers food also at Leos or used tobe.Ile check it out Next week.The worlds are Lobster realy.A walk around the area is also a godd idea.Its a Modern,but Quaint seaside Town.With lots to see...[weather Permitting].I think it goes without saying realy.No rules,do what ya like,but it would be nice to get together.Take some pictures and have a chat about the days flying,,,,,,and stuff.

SUNDAY 9AM.Hit the beech at Ainsdale.Again we will be preping the Tents and stuff early.Same stuff also applies for flying.Sunday tends tobe a little more relaxed and people are gona wana get away pritty handy,but lets not slack off.Make the most of the Daylight and company.

Please add any ideas,thoughts.Its all good.

BRIAN...Bring it On :)

Rememberance Sunday Today 11.11

Piece all,,,,piece and remember

Edited by big bri

thanks for all the info Bri

just in case i forget while i'm there having fun

MANY THANKS for all the work you have put in to this gathering (credit where its due)

Seconded.

Brilliant effort Bri.

Have you got a megaphone?

Permission has not been granted for the depiction of the Olympic Logo. <grins>

Felix

Thanks for the Appreciated comments and thanks,but thers no need realy.I/we love what we do and hope everyone has a ball.Its no trouble for ya freinds.

A recent festival we flew at[Harewood House Yorkshire].I found a Traffic Cone tobe a very affective Mega Phone.When your sons doing somthing he shouldnt and your 300yds away.Pick one up and turn it around.It works Ok ish :) .

If you think thers a need for one Felix,be my guest :lol: .

BRIAN...

Great image. Who do the kites belong to? <grins>

Felix

Thanks,i do dabble a little with the Camera.Got some awsome Shots yesterday.Great ones with a Rainbow in the background and moody skys.The kites are known as Black Rainbows.Ther J.B Series customs.

We chose them as our team kites Felix.Shots taken Yesterday at Ainsdale.I have some realy stunning images,but wana keep the best for ourselves atm.We have a Website underconstruction atm.Thats wher we intend to use the best stuff.

BRIAN... :)

Thanks,i do dabble a little with the Camera.Got some awsome Shots yesterday.Great ones with a Rainbow in the background and moody skys.The kites are known as Black Rainbows.Ther J.B Series customs.

We chose them as our team kites Felix.Shots taken Yesterday at Ainsdale.I have some realy stunning images,but wana keep the best for ourselves atm.We have a Website underconstruction atm.Thats wher we intend to use the best stuff.

BRIAN... :)

<grins> You need to do some more work on spacing. The gaps between the kites needs attention. I note that the curvature of the leading edges is also not consistent. This suggests issues in framing or line set-up.

/<grins>

Felix

<grins> You need to do some more work on spacing. The gaps between the kites needs attention. I note that the curvature of the leading edges is also not consistent. This suggests issues in framing or line set-up.

/<grins>

Felix

:lol: ,Like i said earlier Felix.The best stuffs Top Saecret.I could show ya,but i would have to kill ya after Felix ;) .

We hope to have the Website done and dusted for xmas.

Which reminds me,,,,,What Hat sizes are ya ALL... :lol: .That would be one Hell of a shot.

Imagine walking on your local beech.Just doing your Sunday constitutional with ya dog and thers Thirty Father Christmase,s flying Revs,,,, :lol::lol::lol:

Now thers somthing you dont see,every day.

BRIAN...

Ok, one more for the party :-)

With you guys on Saturday, New Brighton for the winter league on Sunday.

Be gentle with me - four lines is two (or even three) too many but I'll try my best.

Nah! As JMH observed many years ago, with your hands on the bridal there is no excuse... Nothing can go wrong!

Felix

Be gentle with me - four lines is two (or even three) too many but I'll try my best.

Thats the spirit,,,

:) Great stuff keith.Will be good to meet ya

Your on the list.Next to Bryan B.I think Bryan is doing the same trip Keith :) .Hes said Thumbs up smiley to both venues .

Just to give an idea of Pilots and the number of actual Rev pilots i know fly.The ,,,,p after your name.Indicates your a Revolution pilot.If thers a ,,,,Px1.This means thers yourself and other pilots along with ya.We Need numbers for the ice creaman :P .

Sailor 99,,,,p

Hippie Chippie,,,,p

Bob,,,,p

Jonesey +1,,,,px1

Bruce +1,,,p

David E,,,,p

Felix,,,,p

Ashley,,,,p

Vaughan,,,,p

Richard,,,,p

Kevin the beard,,,,p

Paul,,,,p

Boston Frank,,,,p

Pudders,,,,p

Clare,,,,p

Glyn,,,,p

Dave B,,,,p

Lynn B

Mike B,,,,p

Neil E,,,,p

Andy Scott,,,,p

Marty Juggles,,,,p

Big Bri,,,,p

Mrs Big Bri

Simon,,,p

Bryan B,,,p

Keith Grif,,,,p

Peter +3,,,,px3

Balloo,,,,p

Mrs Balloo

Yrna,,,,p

Bazz ,,,,p

Mrs Bazz ,,,,P.Your call Mrs Bazz :) .

BRIAN...

Thats the spirit,,,

:) Great stuff keith.Will be good to meet ya

Your on the list.Next to Bryan B.I think Bryan is doing the same trip Keith :) .Hes said Thumbs up smiley to both venues .

Just to give an idea of Pilots and the number of actual Rev pilots i know fly.The ,,,,p after your name.Indicates your a Revolution pilot.If thers a ,,,,Px1.This means thers yourself and other pilots along with ya.We Need numbers for the ice creaman :P .

Sailor 99,,,,p

Hippie Chippie,,,,p

Bob,,,,p

Jonesey +1,,,,px1

Bruce +1,,,p

David E,,,,p

Felix,,,,p

Ashley,,,,p

Vaughan,,,,p

Richard,,,,p

Kevin the beard,,,,p

Paul,,,,p