Reverserev

Madquad

Okay, I noticed the switching of handles at about 57 seconds into the video. When I think about it that seems to make sense ... when the kite is dog staked and in front of you, the kite is reversed, so why not reverse the handles? Is this common, or am I reading too much into it? I've not tried dog staking yet, so am just wondered.

You're right, the video quality is great.

Cheers,

Tom

That is well sick innit!!

Like the way he sets them up. Presume there might be some line damage over a period of time, unless the dogstake is SUPER smoooooth.

Also although I have not tried dogstak, the handle swap seems sensible.

Well found.

thanks for the good responce. My friend who filmed me as a really great video camera as you all saw. I know the flying is not really great, i put my line in the metal triangle of the dog stake, its really really sticky and my line will break for sure. I only flew with a dog stake maybe 2-3 time, 15min each session. I will rig something smoother for the next time.

I tried without switching the handle... too much new information for my brain to process!

Its actually fun to get hit by your own kite your flying!!

here's the device I fabricated to make the lines slide more easily. It built on a u-bolt and fishing tackle end-caps for a salt water rod. Inside the metal circle is a ceramic ring. 2 part epoxy and held in position with electrical tape until it was dry using a vice-grip as the base. The epoxy coats the bolt's threads and the darn thing could be used to pull a truck out of ditch. I took it to a welder and he said for my purposes his craft was complete overkill. "Just use epoxy and don't have any leftovers, . . . slather it on the threads real well!"

The device is way less important than getting comfortable with the kite in the same plane as the flyer. There's still lots of resistance on the lines even with the ceramic rings, everything is backwards and the wind window is greatly reduced in size. You need a little help from the wind and practice! I never did get comfortable and have since stopped carrying the darn device entirely. Baressi makes this look way too easy anyway, it AIN'T folks!

Enjoyed the video and I can appreciate your accomplishment as well.

Thanks

-paul

post-92-1258112563_thumb.jpg

Aye, Paul's design is based on the one I use... It's not ideal for me though, I really want the L/R pairs to be independent of each other in the stake itself.

Dom, if you come up with anything really good for a dogstake mechanism, please be sure to clue me in, eh? :)

Nice flying BTW, as I said on Facebook. :D