HALLOWEEN FLY IN NEW JERSEY

rcom714

Chime in here if you're up for a Halloween Fly this Saturday either at Liberty State Park or Belmar Beach.

Apologies to Sammy in advance but we're thinking Saturday because Wayne & Barb would like to come and they have to drive from Pa. Also trying to get Dugard to come for the day as well. Antman too, if he isn't working.

Sunday would be a fall back day in case the weather doesnt work on Saturday.

But the question again is.......Who is up for a Saturday fly at LSP or Belmar Beach on Halloween day?????????????

Sound off please.......

I'm very definitely IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chime in here if you're up for a Halloween Fly this Saturday either at Liberty State Park or Belmar Beach.

Apologies to Sammy in advance but we're thinking Saturday because Wayne & Barb would like to come and they have to drive from Pa. Also trying to get Dugard to come for the day as well. Antman too, if he isn't working.

Sunday would be a fall back day in case the weather doesnt work on Saturday.

But the question again is.......Who is up for a Saturday fly at LSP or Belmar Beach on Halloween day?????????????

Sound off please.......

I'm very definitely IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only if you'll come pick me up........ Ben :blue-cool: :blue-cool: :blue-cool: :blue-cool:

Sniff. I'll be working. have fun!

Ile try and fill your place Bob if ya dont mind.

Send the RTN Tickets Special D please.

Great idea flying on Haloween Rich.SPOOOOKY

Its close to Midnight and Somthing evils lurking in the dark.

Under the MOOOOOON,,,Light,Ya can see a sight that almost stops your hart.

You start to screeeeem,but terror stops the sound before you make it

Have a great time J Crew

BRIAN... :)

Saturday seems to be the day!!!!!

Belmar Beach is the place!!!!!

Forecast calls for partly cloudy skies with temps in the low to mid 60s with SSW 10-15!!!!!!!!!!

No costume required..................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit for SAMMY!!!

Sorry Pal...you'll have to come out and play tomorrow or we can make plans for Sunday.....that is if you still remember how to get -- --!!!!!! :devil::devil::devil:

Edited by quaa714

HAHAHA rich dont make me laugh hahaha ok you did lol.

its ok buddy i flew today at UB for 2 hours midvent and it was 8 mph off the water on 50s it was shweeeeeet. Lets fly tommorrow i get off work 11 or 12 so lets do Keensberg if that is ok bc i only have 2 or 3 hours to play b4 shabot.

Sounds great to me! I'm not good with costumes anyway, so I will be dressed as a Rev Flyer, with hat and stake holster.

I got my lines adjusted and washed out the salt from Wildwood that was making them less slippery. I hope to use Sewer's Aide if it arrives in time to restore the lines to their original condition. I imagine that can be helpful for team flying when the lines are not abrasive.

In case of rain, I will bring rain gear that is actually waterproof unlike the last time I was out flying in the rain. :wacko:

Hi All...

Mel, where were you? WE STOPPED at the airport and waited.... couldn't find you and had to go... the beach was calling!!!!!

What a day! 1.gif

OK, maybe not to THAT extreme, but a steady 23-24 mph wind, until it picked up and then probably a steady 30 something!!! I bet it gust easily to 40 at times, too!!! Talk about getting sandblasted!!! I had sand everywhere... well almost!!!11.gif

It was good seeing the gang again.

... and BTW, Bob W came out to play with us. He hasn't missed a beat.... he went over to say hi to Rich and I said, "watch the lines", well he did, from the sand as fell down face first!!! :blink::lol: Oh, and yes, we all had to "Bob n' Weave" and run away, too. Alas, we couldn't escape it... lol... we each had a turn or two at the wrath of Bob!!!

We do love ya, Bob!!! :wub: It's all good...

Hi All...

... and BTW, Bob W came out to play with us. He hasn't missed a beat.... he went over to say hi to Rich and I said, "watch the lines", well he did, from the sand as fell down face first!!! :blink::lol: Oh, and yes, we all had to "Bob n' Weave" and run away, too. Alas, we couldn't escape it... lol... we each had a turn or two at the wrath of Bob!!!

We do love ya, Bob!!! :wub: It's all good...

Ha Ha Ha Ha, Classic :lol: Run Awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Edited by FortFlyer

That was a fun and wild day at Belmar!

It was definitely the most wind I have flown my vented Rev, and the most brake I ever used. The sand-blasting was impressive - Barb had beverage bottles sitting on the beach that have one side clear and the other frosted by the sand. It was great to get together with Dennis, Bob, Laura, and Rich for some over-powered team flying.

Here are a couple of photos from Barb's camera work.

post-2157-1257106403_thumb.jpgpost-2157-1257106378_thumb.jpg

As you can see, Laura & I are using a lot of brake on our kites. In the other shot, you can see (R-L) Bob, Rich, Laura, and I dealing with the wind. At the moment of the photo, I was obviously not riding my brakes enough. Notice the haze around our ankles consisting of blowing sand.

One lesson learned by me: after finally getting a mega knot resolved and determining that more brake would help, hold the line with the loosened larks-head tight. The disconnected line flies away really fast, causing more headaches :o . Thanks to Laura and Rich for helping to get me back in operation.

Hi Guys-

Great camera work, Barb!!! Really love the shot of Wayne's and my kite totally loaded up, the bridles and the whitecaps in the background. Could I have a copy, please?? :wub:

I took my jeans off and sand came out of the pocket... that's incredible since I wasn't rolling around in it!!! :lol:

I just ordered something to help deal with our stuff being blasted (and a little protection from rain, too). I carry so much stuff to the field, what's an extra little bag? :wacko:

BTW, I should have gone to LSP and fly with the gang, today! I would have enjoyed it much more than watching my Giants get their butts kicked, again. They really do need a kick in the pants to get back on track..... they are really looking flat lately. 15.gif