OWN THY HOVER,,Tip of the week

big bri

:) ,Anyone wanting a great flying tip or a handy place to start thats essential for flying in larger numbers.May wana take some great advice from the Great Man Himself

OWN THY HOVER

:ani_notworthy: [Monkey] :clap;

The tip certainly stayed in my mind and i practiced it everytime i got a Revolution out and up,STILL DO practice it.

The abilty to be incontrol of the kite in the Hover position is Essential.When flying with large numbers in a set space.Finding the balance point on the handles by adjusting the leaders to aid this is also a good place to start.Beofre and during the practice of,,, OWNING THY HOVER,,,..Being able Own Thy Hover in any position within a line up of kites or shape in the sky.Can be practiced easly on your own,in pairs,teams,long lines or short.Learning on 120ft lines would be best.

I usually pick a point in the distance.This can be anything,from a Lampost or hill Top.Launch the kite.Then Practice keeping the kite at that point[on top of the hill or post] in THY HOVER position for around three to five minutes at a time.Starting with shorter times and building up is a good place to start.The one i found easiest to start with was. Face The Leading Edge Left and then Own Thy Hover.Then rotate 180digrees and face right,,,,Own Thy Hover.Once these two positions or sorted.Try Facing up and Own Thy Hover.Then Inverted and Own Thy Hover.

Dont give up.Practice will make perfect

OWN THY HOVER,,,,Tip of the week

or,thers always this version

;):P:lol:

BRIAN...

Edited by big bri

Remember also to practice this in all parts of the window. Up high and low left right.

I see a lot of people always practicing dead centre all of the time.

Then wonder why they cannot hold an inverted 45 in a big ball. Its because you never practice it off centre.

Its different out there on the edges.

What I have found, is that if you are dressed properly, it helps. :matrix:

LOL

Own thy Hover shirts

Especially for me, Big stomach, short arms. LOL

Yes, we established many years ago that arm movements should not be restricted. Stomachs/chests must not get in the way.

More recently I have found that the full arm extension can be helpful but it takes some practice to execute.

Last Sunday in 'no wind' I tried to 180 ladder up with rapid transitions left to right. It works with arms swinging like pendulums. The height gained allows the flier to move forwards in a controlled glide once the highest point has been reached!

Felix

OWN THY HOVER

[Mr J.B] actually... [MONKEY] first :D

Sorry ,blush,,,,My mistake,,,

I chatted with a pal[introduce a plausable explination].Both of us wher mistaken and thought it was JB[share blame].Both of us thought it a good idea to revive the topic[change subject].With a large number of us flying together[all for a good cause]] for the first time in a while[memory and age are at work] or at all[hope the hole is getting smaller and not larger here..lol]

Appols Monkey.I stand corrected .I shall with great pleasure and much thanks.Change my original quote.

Piece ,love and Harmony to you.

BRIAN...

Sorry ,blush,,,,My mistake,,,

I chatted with a pal[introduce a plausable explination].Both of us wher mistaken and thought it was JB[share blame].Both of us thought it a good idea to revive the topic[change subject].With a large number of us flying together[all for a good cause]] for the first time in a while[memory and age are at work] or at all[hope the hole is getting smaller and not larger here..lol]

Appols Monkey.I stand corrected .I shall with great pleasure and much thanks.Change my original quote.

Piece ,love and Harmony to you.

BRIAN...

No worries whatsoever my fine friend and YES , it's an excellent topic to revive

oh HO! Scratch ALL that, you indeed ARE right.

http://kitelife.com/magazine/issue57/revisions57/content.php

Let me hide my head in shame for a while :D

Aye airin, "fake it until you make it". :D

I'm still using that approach. ROFL

Hmmm... Faking light wind flying has always been a bit of an issue for 'team flying'.

Not sure about the alliteration, or indeed, if it translates to 'left pondian'.

"How much forward do you need?"

Felix

Remember also to practice this in all parts of the window. Up high and low left right.

I see a lot of people always practicing dead centre all of the time.

Then wonder why they cannot hold an inverted 45 in a big ball. Its because you never practice it off centre.

Its different out there on the edges.

What I have found, is that if you are dressed properly, it helps. :matrix:

LOL

Own thy Hover shirts

Good points Bazzer.Once the four front and centre positions are in the bag,do the angles ,N,Edges.Body position can also be a very important.

Looking good and dressing properly B) ...nice link Bazzer

BRIAN...

…… What I have found, is that if you are dressed properly, it helps. :matrix:

LOL

Own thy Hover shirts

If we ignore the blatant plug for a while, Bazzer is actually making a very good point here. It is important to be comfortable, it is very easy to under estimate the importance of having the right clothes. How can expect to hold a steady kite if you are shivering yourself.

Good footwear is important too, I always wear a pair of good quality walking boots to fly (winter or summer, field or beach). It’s so much easier to concentrate on what you are doing when you don’t have to worry about stepping awkwardly and turning an ankle.

Edited by Stone in Shoe Bob

If we ignore the blatant plug for a while, Bazzer is actually making a very good point here. It is important to be comfortable, it is very easy to under estimate the importance of having the right clothes. How can expect to hold a steady kite if you are shivering yourself.

Good footwear is important too, I always wear a pair of good quality walking boots to fly (winter or summer, field or beach). It’s so much easier to concentrate on what you are doing when you don’t have to worry about stepping awkwardly and turning an ankle.

Oakleys or a similar quality of eyewear.Essential.Along with a good sun Lotion.

Ho,mi Union Jack Long Johns.....thermals, :blushing:;)

BRIAN...Chase mi