Beginner on a Rev here

f242

f242. I think a lot of people do what i did.

Thy see a rev vid or someone flying a rev and think mmm, that looks good , think ill get one of those.

So thy look on line and see the EXP is the rev for beginners so thy buy one.

Then thy find a forum like this one and ask what you asked and find out that the 1.5 flyes better than the 1.5, so thy get a 1.5 which does fly better than an EXP.

And at this point THY ARE HOOKED.

WELCOME TO THE REV CLAN.

Regards.

Derek.

The same Rev I bought back in August of last year, my very 1st Revolution kite - Red, White and Black("Midnight') I ordered mine with all cloth sail (no mylar) though.

It's a FANTASTIC kite and got me totally hooked on Revs.

I now have the following Rev kites in my bag acquired over just 7 months:

1st. Rev - 1.5 SLE "midnight" all sail

2nd. Rev - 1.5 vented custom.- Black, Purple and Aqua (my personal favorite)

3rd. Rev - 1 Sedgewick "Cool"

4th. Rev - Supersonic - Gold, Rasberry and Blue

5th. Rev - 1.5 SUL custom rainbow

6th. Rev - Supersonic vented - New assemetrical Gold/Black - (on order due to arrive 1st. week in May)

Wishlist: Rev Blast

Rev Baressi series

Rev Masterpiece

Rev Bag

Your journey into the exhilirating world of Revolution kites has just begun. :)

BE WARNED!!, unless you get your spouse involved (if you happen to have one), your relationship WILL be put to the test - Been there, done that and bought the T-Shirt, which I still wear to this day ;)

is this the Rev kite that most first timers get? 1.5 SLE?

that or the exp i would suggest the 1.5 is a better starter because when you get better you already have the next step the exp is only good for a person who has no idea how to fly a rev its a good teacher.. as for the 1.5 you get both a begginer and a kite that you can fly and enjoy as an expert ;)

The same Rev I bought back in August of last year, my very 1st Revolution kite - Red, White and Black("Midnight') I ordered mine with all cloth sail (no mylar) though.

It's a FANTASTIC kite and got me totally hooked on Revs.

I now have the following Rev kites in my bag acquired over just 7 months:

1st. Rev - 1.5 SLE "midnight" all sail

2nd. Rev - 1.5 vented custom.- Black, Purple and Aqua (my personal favorite)

3rd. Rev - 1 Sedgewick "Cool"

4th. Rev - Supersonic - Gold, Rasberry and Blue

5th. Rev - 1.5 SUL custom rainbow

6th. Rev - Supersonic vented - New assemetrical Gold/Black - (on order due to arrive 1st. week in May)

Wishlist: Rev Blast

Rev Baressi series

Rev Masterpiece

Rev Bag

Your journey into the exhilirating world of Revolution kites has just begun. :)

BE WARNED!!, unless you get your spouse involved (if you happen to have one), your relationship WILL be put to the test - Been there, done that and bought the T-Shirt, which I still wear to this day ;)

Yeah, once you're hooked, rou're hooked!

But sadly my Rev list as much shorter, and my wishlist much longer!

I started on an EXP, the reasons I would recommend an EXP to anyone for their first kite are: They are easier to fly, and can fly in a lighter wind, because they are lighter, success is very important to a newbie. Another reason is, your gonna get a 1.5 anyway, this way your EXP can take the punishment of a newbie, and have plenty of life left to teach others with, so you won't have to let them use your 1.5, and it will not have as many scuffs on it, and you can keep it that way for a little longer, another reason, which I learned from antman, you can use your exp frame in your 1.5 for lighter winds, plus it's nice to have a spare kite, to hold you over, if something happens to your regular flyer.