1. 1. I will be flying in the Mega Fly

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. I have booked a room for the Festival

• The Thunderbird Beach Resort
    • The Best Western
    • Other

The 13th Annual Treasure Island Kite Festival is January 16 & 17 2010

We are on our way to putting together an awesome event for you all!!

Here is what we have so far..

The Thunderbird Beach Resort is the host hotel. Call (727) 367-1961 Rooms start at $89/night. Book early!

Thanks to Robbie, Gary and Maggie we will see the return of the Treasure Island Sport Kite Championships. The registration will be up soon on the Eastern League website http://www.easternleague.net/

We would like to bring the North American Mega Fly Record back to TI!! So check the poll box so we can get an idea of how close we can get to the record.

There will be the usual candy drops, bol races and we'll need some of you to do demos for the crowd.

WhatAKite will be joining us for the first time! Barry and Karen will be displaying their show kites for us. http://www.whatakite.com/

No auction this year ( we will have some raffels) but we are going to have the room open for a Saturday Night Swap Meet. So bring your kite bags!

As always Ben will be there (I think he comes just for the meatball sandwiches :) ) Ben will have his own field so you all can get together and fly with him. We sure would appreciate it if you all took turns giving Rev Flying Lessons so we can give Ben some R & R time.

We are working on an Indoor Competition with Scottie.

We have the event listed on Facebook you can also RSVP there http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=1688...2937&ref=mf

Let the fun begin! We'll keep you updated as we confirm activities.

Looking forward to seeing you all in January!

Sherri & Steve

Edited by stevepigeon

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is very enticing. I'd like to make at least one trip away this winter. I don't know that I could do this and Kite Party. But right now KP is a big question mark that may not happen for me, and if so, I'd surely try to make this one.

I'd like to catch up with the Rev Riders, I'm about 80% sure I'll be there.

Probably with my daughter.

Hi Mike-

How have you been?

That's awesome news!!!!! Can't wait to see ya and fly!!!

Hi Jeff-

Come on, how can you miss a great time in sunny (hopefully B) ) warm (I can pray :sq_angel: ) Florida!!!!

Barbara and I will arrive on the 14th and depart on the 20th.

We thought about the Amtrak car carrier train, but Southwest Air is so "dirt cheap" we're flying instead to Tampa from BWI.

See y'all there gang!

Glad to know Barbara will be there, you on the other hand....... :devil::wub: .

Hate that SW doesn't fly outta Newark, NJ. Grrrrrrr.....

Ben will have his own field so you all can get together and fly with him. We sure would appreciate it if you all took turns giving Rev Flying Lessons so we can give Ben some R & R time.
Not a problem, I am willing to give Ben a few lessons. The first one will be on fashion! Rule one... clothing should not be bought in bulk! I don't care what kind of deal you get on 100 pairs of plaid shorts!

I'm really looking forward to this years event. I've loved every minute of the past 10 or so festivals and I might say this every year but I think this years event could be bigger then all of the rest. TI is such a great place to have an event and with the powerhouse of Sherri and Steve behind it, it's got to be good. Sport Kite competition, great single line kites, a workshop, possible indoor fly. So diverse! Or as some people say... "the sky's the limit"!

Edited by tcope

TI UPDATE!

The registration for the TISKC is up on the Eastern League website! http://easternleague.net/

Robbie did a great job on the registration!!

For you Rev lovers... Scottie is our official Mega Fly caller!! I'm looking forward to flying with Scottie in a couple of Mega Flies. We'll have a Mega Fly in the main demo field on both days.

Speaking of Mega Flies.. Scottie will also be doing a Team Flying Clinic on Friday. If you have always wanted to learn how to fly team or want to sharpen your skills this will be a great clinic. Scottie has been teaching Rev flyers for many years and I have been a student of his for the past 2 years. I don't believe that I would have taken the National Championship without his help. With that being said..

The Scott Weider Team Flying Clinic will be on Friday from 9am till 5pm.

At this clinic you will learn..

How to fly in a Team format

The Team maneuvers.. Ball, Burst, Dosey-Do, Pez, Radar and more for those of you with more skills.

The clinic is limited to 12. Three teams of 4 that will be bought together for a large team fly at the end of the day.

The clinic is $50.00 per person and I will keep you updated if we can include lunch in you registration.

Please email me to register at [email protected]

There is more to come!! Stay Tuned!