uk Gathering

big bri

:) Well,we have over Twenty Three confirmed Rev pilots going to be at the Gathering..I expect that number could grow even more.I think we better have some ideas or basic outline organised.A think about what we all wana do,achive and personal Goals

Take a look at the stuff below.Give me some feedback and other ideas.The link below is the Original thread.Which contains some handy info also

Original thread Gathering thread http://www.revkites.com/forum/index.php?sh...t=0&start=0

FRIDAY 20th Nov,The Uks Smallest Pub,Gather around 8pm ish

DIRECTIONS,to Ainsdale beech are.Follow the Coastal road until you reach pontins round about.With the Sands pub on your right[from southport].Turn Right .Go onto the beech[Pontins you should pass on your left OR,FACE OUT TO SEA,GO LEFT ON COAST ROAD.AT PONTINS AND ROUNDABOUT.TURN RIGHT AND ONTO BEECH

more local map,which shows The sands pub and roundabout ,coastal road ,and insdale beech from all directions

http://homepages.tesco.net/~fredbates/page7.html

SO,

People are arriveing and im doing some Airport pick ups also.Would be good to get together Friday Night around 8pm.Anyone needing food,a few pints,will be able to take advice and meet up with Myself and others.

Hows about we get together in,,,THE UKs SMALLEST PUB,,,,fill it to the roof with Rev flyers, will be so Kewl :lol: .Its a great place.Full of History.Just around the corner from Bath Street wher all the B&Bs are.Just Along the Promenade[b5245].Looks like a large bus shelter at the side of Marine Lake,but it serves a realy nice pint[or did last time i was ther].Has won many CAMERA awards .Its called the Lakeside Inn.Would get you out and a chance to see a few of the sights in Southport.

Link to pub info

http://www.southportvisiter.co.uk/southpor...01022-21676650/

SATURDAY 21st November

Hit the beech early.9AMs good.bring 120ft lines,a full on flying day

I usually arrive at Ainsdale around 7am[latest],but this time of year.The day wakes late and the light goes quickly.We need to make the most of the day light and i fully intend to fly from Dawn,till Dusk as usual.We intend tobe down ther for 8AM Latest.Some of my Team pals will be along to help with Tents and stuff.Its quite a Tradition to send a SLK up as a Marker.Which we will do.One thing to consider.The TOILETS at the entrance to Ainsdale beech are Locked this time of year.I will try and Arrange with the wardens to have them open.Otherwise its the Dunes[large sand hills not a pub]or after 11am.The Sands Pub is open and will be kewl with folk useing the Toilets ther.Its just off the beech[2min walk]

Once your parked and introduced.I would say we all free fly for the first few hours.Get to know eachother and chat in the Brew tents on what we all wana do,achive and are goals.Thers a wide range of skill levels,Beginner to Top Notch.Team flying i think will be prominent,so as the morning gets toward dinner[12pm].We will try and put folk[if ya want to]in a quad.With a mix of equal skills and perhaps one Experienced Team Pilot for guidence.I think a set of 120s will be handy.Especially if ya wana get some team work done.Anyone wants learn a particular move,skill,or anything,please ask.Im sure thers a few folk that will have the answer and help.

DINNER 12PM,BAKERY,CHIPIE,SANDWICH SHOP,shops,pub,cafes.

Ainsdale village is 3mins off the beech.Thers a wide range of village shops for all your needs.I suggest a sandwich ,pie,chips,a takeaway basically.Ther will be brews in our tents,Tea,Coffee,and juice.Good house keeping is key here.Keep it tidy and leave as you find it...simples.Thers also a few nice cafes and Pubs if you want that.I find eating does get in the way of my FLYING...LOL

AFTERNOON,TEAMS AND A MEGA FLY

Anyone thats flow in a large number will know what a Buzz it is.Since we have so many kites together,we have to take the bull by the horns and work Towards a Team Mega Fly,

ITS THE LAW,,,, :P:) .

We can build in the morning peoples confidence,build the group sizes during the early Afternoon.Then finish with us all a bunch of Nervous wrecks,,,,,, :lol: ,flying in a MEGA TEAM of around,,,,,, TWENTY FIVE,,,,Yeh baby.

Would realy be kewl if we can bring achive this.We shall see.

SATURDAY EVENING,MEET AROUND 7PM

I would like to Gaze into David Ellisons eyes again :lol: .What i mean is.When i last met loada flyers from all over the country.We all went and ate together.I enjoyed the company very much.Dave was sat across from me and i can tell ya,he eats more Chinese than a team of SUMOs.

Thers a few restraunts that are a stones throw from wher the B&Bs are.I vote for Indian.We will need numbers if we wana book a large number,so give me a few clues on the meal thing,idea.Thers also,Pizza Huts.Mc Donalds,English,Italian,Pub foods....the lot.People can do as they wish offcourse.

Would be good to have a Pint though a little later and chat together.LEOs Bar,is at the corner of Bath Street,on Nevile Street.Againwher the B&Bs are.

LETS SAY 8.30 LEOs BAR

After a full days travel and then fresh air,im sure some will be ready for bed by 10.30 ish,,,,,,,, :wacko: .Again,we shall see what happens

SUNDAY 22nd NOVEMBER

Hit the beech a little later,its Sunday[9.30]

I will be down early along with a few pals,to set the tents up and stuff.I think we can pick up wher we left of or do a similar list of stuff from Saturday.Sundays a little quieter easy Sunday Morning.But,

No slacking off.Take full advantage of being together i say.Learn,make freinds,help and spread a Happy Vibe.

Food on Sundays is a little harder to find in Ainsdale.Maybe a good idea to buy Saturday or......shall we pre arrange some Bryan Bs pork Pies.Ther will be Tea,Coffee,HOT SOUP,,,MMmmm,and juice in our tents.

SO,WADA YA THINK

Give me some ideas,feedback.Then we can get stuff Sorted

Talk soon peoples

BRIAN...

Edited by big bri

<snip details>

Give me some ideas,feedback.Then we can get stuff Sorted

Talk soon peoples

BRIAN...

Excellent news. I am not yet sure if I can get to the event but wish you every success.

25 is a very good number. The person in the middle of a 5 x 5 grid has an interesting role!

Felix

Thanks Brian, the proposed itinerary looks great, I was expecting to be arriving quite late but I’ve managed to iron out a few problems at work and arranged a day’s leave for the Friday so I’m looking forward to arriving in tine to investigate the UK’s smallest pub. :big_beer:

edit for grammar correction.

Edited by Stone in Shoe Bob

All sounds good Brian

...except for

1) you might be eating your "Dinner" at lunchtime, but I'll be having my "Lunch" ;)

2) I'm charging much more for staring into my eyes these days :wub:

3) I think that was Dave B's intake of all-you-can-eat Chinese banquet you're talking about. I couldn't keep pace with you guys :blink:

I'm not sure what time I'll be getting there on Friday evening, bearing in mid the combined M5/M6 haul up from Devon. But a Friday night meet up in a pub sounds like a good plan. It will give us a chance to meet each other and talk about what folks want to get out of the weekend before we all hit the beach next morning. We should have a better clue on the weather forecast as well.

Bring spare 120's if you have them to share with those who don't.

An Indian gastronomic experience on saturday night for "Dinner" gets my vote too.

Ta muchly for getting this together :)

All sounds good Brian

...except for

1) you might be eating your "Dinner" at lunchtime, but I'll be having my "Lunch" ;)

2) I'm charging much more for staring into my eyes these days :wub:

3) I think that was Dave B's intake of all-you-can-eat Chinese banquet you're talking about. I couldn't keep pace with you guys :blink:

I'm not sure what time I'll be getting there on Friday evening, bearing in mid the combined M5/M6 haul up from Devon. But a Friday night meet up in a pub sounds like a good plan. It will give us a chance to meet each other and talk about what folks want to get out of the weekend before we all hit the beach next morning. We should have a better clue on the weather forecast as well.

Bring spare 120's if you have them to share with those who don't.

An Indian gastronomic experience on saturday night for "Dinner" gets my vote too.

Ta muchly for getting this together :)

All good then David.

1,we planned on eating a southerna for lunch and leftovers for dinner,so dont be late,and baste yourself with Lurpak before ya leave Home.

2,Whatever the new charges are,for the eyes thing.ILE PAY IT

3,Dave maybe a slim fella,but his legs are Hollow

4,120s,will bring what we have as a spare/lend sets.Bend um,ya buy um...:}

See ya ther then David.Have a safe,stress free trip.Glad your onboard

BRIAN...

I believed the UK's smallest pub to be the Nutshell in Bury St Edmunds, but I might have to come to Ainsdale to check out your claim!

Hezz

Hi Hezz,you would be made most welcome.Hope you can come and play with us,,,,go on,ya know you want to.Your input would be great.The guys would realy have to be on ther best also.Lady present an all that.

The small pub thing is a real Touchy subject i beleive.The one in Southport is like the Tardis though.Looks small from outside,but its nice.cosy and quite a suprise of how roomy it is.

Let me know if i can help with any Special Requests Hezz,,,,,[leaves self open for butt of jokes]

BRIAN... :)

Hi Brian, sorry I can't make this weekend as it sounds like a real blast. Unfortunately I have other plans that can't be moved.

Still it sounds as though you have some great fun lined up. What are the chances of getting Fraser to write up another weekend report like the last time? Keep on letting us know what we are going to miss, it's good for the soul.

Wishing you all the best with the weekend. You'll just have to plan another so that all those of us who can't make this one can come and enjoy the pleasures of the North.

Stephen

• Like 1

Hi Brian, sorry I can't make this weekend as it sounds like a real blast. Unfortunately I have other plans that can't be moved.

Still it sounds as though you have some great fun lined up. What are the chances of getting Fraser to write up another weekend report like the last time? Keep on letting us know what we are going to miss, it's good for the soul.

Wishing you all the best with the weekend. You'll just have to plan another so that all those of us who can't make this one can come and enjoy the pleasures of the North.

Stephen

Maybe next time Stephen.

Its mostly all your fault anyways.This lots Happening.Dont let your better half get away without any blame neither.The encouragement and [dam what a fine Lass she is]enthusiasum your family infected us with.Still remains strong .Will be great to see all of you again.Especially Young Master Hoath on a 1.5.Bob tells me hes move on from a rev2 now......Dont they grow quick.

:) ,I do hope Fraser is able to come.i havent counted him in yet.I know from his PM he will do his best and wants to take part.

Many people who are quite New to the forum.Wont know what a Legend Fraser is.I will sort someone to do a report of some kind.Fingers crossed Fraser is able to join us.

AND

Dont forget.Thers always The Pie Eating Gorrilla...lol

For what its worth I just changed my booking as the Premier Inns are doing a £29 deal for the Friday night (normal rate for Saturday unfortunately) so will get there late Friday rather then do the sparrows fart Saturday thing ... worth checking if anyone's interested :)

I'm looking at a good deal on the train.. Watford to Ainsdale return £44.50, roughly 3.5 - 4 hours journey. Would just make that time in the car, on a good day.. but would cost me more in petrol.. so is definitely worth considering...

Hezz

• Like 2

I'm looking at a good deal on the train.. Watford to Ainsdale return £44.50, roughly 3.5 - 4 hours journey. Would just make that time in the car, on a good day.. but would cost me more in petrol.. so is definitely worth considering...

Hezz

Good grief - no planned engineering works on the Sunday!! Price sounds good (trainline has it lower if you can hack the 05:50 from the Junction) - but creature comforts and the ability to rest in traffic queues will probably see me driving. Who knows, I might even make it a special outing and clean the car beforehand.

For what its worth I just changed my booking as the Premier Inns are doing a £29 deal for the Friday night (normal rate for Saturday unfortunately) so will get there late Friday rather then do the sparrows fart Saturday thing ... worth checking if anyone's interested :)

Thanks pal,

Ive spoken to Premier inns.Thers plenty of room[70rooms still available].The Friday Night can be booked on a £29 deal[you must mention this deal or they will charge £64.

The Saturday night is at FULL RATE[£64].Must be done 21 Days In Advance also.Cant be Canceled,no refunds once booked.

Two Nights BED ONLY £90 for Friday and Saturday.Brerakfast is an additional cost of £7 for all you can MUNCH.Which makes it £104 for two nights,give or take a quid or so.....MMmmm

Premier Link

http://www.premierinn.com/pti/hotelInforma..._brand_location

The B&Bs work out much cheeper and with a full English Brekkie £50-£55 for Two Nights.

Ya pays your Money and Takes your choice

Edited by big bri

Good grief - no planned engineering works on the Sunday!! Price sounds good (trainline has it lower if you can hack the 05:50 from the Junction) - but creature comforts and the ability to rest in traffic queues will probably see me driving. Who knows, I might even make it a special outing and clean the car beforehand.

The station at Ainsdale is just a short walk Hezz.Down to the beech[uphill slightly 1/2 mile].

I could pick a Lovely Lady. if The Lady Requires a Car at Ainsdale station.

Let me know Hezz.Im sure we can help get you sorted

Edited by big bri

The B&Bs work out much cheeper and with a full English Brekkie £50-£55 for Two Nights.

Ya pays your Money and Takes your choice

Bri, that depends on whether you are alone or sharing, the Premier price is per room, the B&B is per per person.

The £29.00 per room price is also good for Sunday night at the Premier Inn for any who are not having to leave on Sunday.

Bri, that depends on whether you are alone or sharing, the Premier price is per room, the B&B is per per person.

The £29.00 per room price is also good for Sunday night at the Premier Inn for any who are not having to leave on Sunday.

Yip,Sunday is at £29 also and it is per room.The fact that thers only DOUBLES LEFT[no twin rooms available or Family rooms left]Means sleeping Top and Tail with a pal.In the same Bed,,,,,,lol

I can hear the roumors starting now,,,,,,,,,,, :devil::lol:

BRIAN...

Yip,Sunday is at £29 also and it is per room.The fact that thers only DOUBLES LEFT[no twin rooms available or Family rooms left]Means sleeping Top and Tail with a pal.In the same Bed,,,,,,lol

I can hear the roumors starting now,,,,,,,,,,, :devil::lol:

BRIAN...

You folk up there in the "Nearly the North" are so old fashioned, you will be laughing at the pink clad folk next. :lol:

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/flyincam/Sun...140515701294162

I had in mind those of us travelling with partner, ducky

Edited by Harrier

Daddy Bear and Mummy Bear are now confirmed on the Growing list

Balloo and His better half :) .

I make that 26 now.As Dave Bs son Mike is bursting to come also.

Chatted with Dave about the Rings and grid[Felixs,is Rings]I now see what Felix means when he uses the words,, intresting Job,, :) ,for the pilots that gets that slot...... :rolleyes: .

BRIAN...Its gona be big

Edited by big bri